Fiedler out next week/Jay has a broken thumb | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler out next week/Jay has a broken thumb

Originally posted by chambers84
OK what is it, 6-8 weeks, or 4 or 1 or what?? Oviously it's not 1 week, but 4 and 8 are 2 totally different #s. Does anybody really know???
I wish I knew for sure 84. I was just reporting what I've read/heard. Let's see what they say today.

Really bad news guys. Fiedler's been fantasy money for a while now and you guys must have been leaping up and down at getting him so cheaply.

Latest article that I've seen:

Dolphins QB Fiedler out at least four weeks

DAVIE, Fla. (Oct. 14, 2002) -- Miami Dolphins quarterback Jay Fiedler will miss at least four weeks because of a broken right thumb. The quarterback underwent surgery to repair the joint, Dolphins trainer Kevin O'Neill said.

"I definitely have a lot of disappointment," Fiedler said. "It was a great victory to be a part of (Dolphins 24-22 victory over Denver Broncos), but certainly having to be out for however many weeks is going to be disappointing. The team is playing great right now and I expect Ray (Lucas) to come in and continue running the ship just like I did.

"It will be somewhat frustrating, just because I’m a competitor and want to be out on the field and helping the team" Fiedler added. "But I’ll help in the best way that I know how right now. I have a little bit of experience being a coach, so I plan on being a coach for however many weeks this keeps me out."

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/5802164

I had Fiedler as my backup in most leagues coming into the season, but in some of them (mostly the ones where Warner was my starter) he became the starter pretty quickly.

Ice - a guy in my league had Fiedler and Aaron Brooks as his QBs and has been cleaning up. I thought that he had a weak QB lineup but he soon proved me wrong. Fiedler was 20 points a game in Yahoo - almost guaranteed. Made my pick of Garcia in the first round look pretty shaky! LOL!

I choose Garcia in the first round in a league or two. Right now I am in the lead in 2 leagues, they just happen to be the ones where Jay was my starting QB for the last few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom