Fiedler Ranked 20th in AFC...and there's only 16 teams!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Ranked 20th in AFC...and there's only 16 teams!!!

AndyM

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Wow...20th in the AFC, a league of 16 teams! Behind at least four backups! What a sad stat.
I was as thrilled as anyone with our victory sunday, and the spark he provided. But let's not lose our foothold on reality. If Jay was the the man to take us there, he'd have done it already. If Jay was the man, we wouldn't have had our hearts broken every year in December.
I love the guy...love his spirit and fire. He is a phenomenal back up. Griese's a good back up too.
Now, if we could only find a first stinger! A McNail, a Manning, a Garcia...
Anyway, Jay fans, don't beat me up. I love him too. But I'm also prepared for December heartache. Just suggesting you do the same.

He did missed 5 games...

ya know what dude, I have been a Fiedler hater for awhile now. After Sunday nights game, he proved alot to me. Now I'm not saying we dont draft or go after a QB this offseason but I am saying He gained alot of respect from this Phin fan.
#9 is our man(for now), lets get behind him and support him the rest of the season, hey ya never know what can happen in this crazy league called the NFL.
Heres to Fiedler #9 :drinkers:

Originally posted by Cover23
ya know what dude, I have been a Fiedler hater for awhile now. After Sunday nights game, he proved alot to me. Now I'm not saying we dont draft or go after a QB this offseason but I am saying He gained alot of respect from this Phin fan.
#9 is our man(for now), lets get behind him and support him the rest of the season, hey ya never know what can happen in this crazy league called the NFL.
Heres to Fiedler #9 :drinkers:

But he did that last year too because of Lucas play and didn't do anything the last two games.

Like everyone (?) I love the guy and I now think that he should be starting ahead of Griese but he's certainly not the answer next year. I like how he "manage" the game but I want someone that can throw deep passes and sustain more than 2-3 drives a game.

I think Fiedler's thumb was a bigger issue last year when he came back..

His throws seemed pretty crisp Sunday nite.

I think this year will be different, no December collapse. With 5 games remaining on the schedule, I think the Phins do no worse than 3-2. They can't start any game like the Skins game though. You do that against any of the remaining 5 teams and the games proably over. Actually I have a feeling they go 4-1 the last 5 games.

Are you people who say Fiedler can't get it done because he hasn't done it in 3 years aware that Brett Favre took four years to get to the NFC Championship game? It's clear that he sucked and that Green Bay should have gotten rid of him. :rolleyes:

Are you aware that Peyton Manning got to exactly the number of playoffs in his first three years that Jay did and won no games? He didn't even make the playoffs two of his first four years, and he still hasn't won a single playoff game. In fact, he has only seen as many playoff games in 5 years as Jay has in 3. He must really suck. I wonder why the Colts haven't cut him loose yet. :rolleyes:

It's sad to see Jay haters have to go to this extreme to find something bad to say about him. Can't you just accept that he is the QB and root for him and the team?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not about that Jimmy.

It's about not winning with a defense loaded and the best runner in the NFL.

And we're not Fiedler haters like I don't think you're a Fiedler lover. It's not about one guy but a team and what we need to improve.

IMO we need a better oline, better WRs and a better QB. You may disagree and you may be right. But right now I think it's our weaknesses.

blowing that 11 point 4th quarter lead at NE was all jay's fault...he's the reason we missed the playoffs. heck, griese proved just how dispensible jay is when he took over and the offense scored at will for a month.

Originally posted by Jimmy James
Are you people who say Fiedler can't get it done because he hasn't done it in 3 years aware that Brett Favre took four years to get to the NFC Championship game? It's clear that he sucked and that Green Bay should have gotten rid of him. :rolleyes:

Are you aware that Peyton Manning got to exactly the number of playoffs in his first three years that Jay did and won no games? He didn't even make the playoffs two of his first four years, and he still hasn't won a single playoff game. In fact, he has only seen as many playoff games in 5 years as Jay has in 3. He must really suck. I wonder why the Colts haven't cut him loose yet. :rolleyes:

It's sad to see Jay haters have to go to this extreme to find something bad to say about him. Can't you just accept that he is the QB and root for him and the team?

While I can accept that he's our QB, and I'm behind him 100% now, ya gotta slow your roll there Jimmy....

Don't go comparing Jay to Manning and Favre, that's just insane.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
blowing that 11 point 4th quarter lead at NE was all jay's fault...he's the reason we missed the playoffs. heck, griese proved just how dispensible jay is when he took over and the offense scored at will for a month.

Again a season is 16 games long...

As much as the NE game hurts us, it wasn't the only reason we didn't make the playoffs.

There were 7 other reasons...

^ray lucas was good for 5 of them...

"As much as the NE game hurts us, it wasn't the only reason we didn't make the playoffs."

actually, it was. despite everything else, if miami holds on to that lead, they win the east and make the playoffs...simple

Originally posted by Pagan

While I can accept that he's our QB, and I'm behind him 100% now, ya gotta slow your roll there Jimmy....

Don't go comparing Jay to Manning and Favre, that's just insane.

That's the point. We're all behind him but we can't compare him to those guys.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
^ray lucas was good for 5 of them...

I think Lucas was 2-4.

It just shows that Fiedler is an improvement over Lucas, and so would be a lot of guys over Fiedler.

It's not about Fiedler, it's about the guy starting at QB for the Dolphins.

My point in comparing Jay to Manning and Favre is that it's not right to say that Fiedler can't get it done just because he hasn't gotten it done yet. That applies to a lot of QBs. My point is that by way of contrast, Jay is doing with less talent just as well as or better than hall of famer caliber guys did when they were getting started.

I'll say for what seems like the millionth time that I'm not suggesting the Dolphins should stay content with Jay for next year. If there is a better solution out there, I hope the team finds it. That's what it's all about at any position. If we think Surtain is the third best corner in the league and we have a chance to replace him with the second best corner, the team has to take that opportunity.

What I am suggesting is that I don't want to hear anybody make the argument that this team is doomed for the year or that Jay is incapable of taking the team to where it needs to go just because of what has happened in the past three years.

Back
Top Bottom