Fiedler Ranked 20th in AFC...and there's only 16 teams!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Ranked 20th in AFC...and there's only 16 teams!!!

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy

I think Lucas was 2-4.

It just shows that Fiedler is an improvement over Lucas, and so would be a lot of guys over Fiedler.

It's not about Fiedler, it's about the guy starting at QB for the Dolphins.

he is the best possible solution at the qb position right now, that has been proven...i just find it disconcerting that people can find reasons to rag and nitpick after leading a STAGNANT offense to 14 4th quarter points and a come from behind victory...

speaking of those 14 points, how many points was the offense good for in griese's starts. i just think people arent seeing the forest for the trees. EVERYBODY, including myself, wants a cannon arm, fleet feet, and superhuman strength...instead, we have a guy who finds ways to win football games. let's rally around him.

BTW, if you want to get into semantics and point out ray's 2-4 record...i'll say there were actually 6 other reasons, not seven ;).

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP

he is the best possible solution at the qb position right now, that has been proven...i just find it disconcerting that people can find reasons to rag and nitpick after leading a STAGNANT offense to 14 4th quarter points and a come from behind victory...

Where did you see that ?

So we're saying the same thing. All is fine.
:D

Well, *we're* saying the same thing. Others keep making the point I'm railing against, though.

IMO we need a better oline, better WRs and a better QB. You may disagree and you may be right. But right now I think it's our weaknesses.

I was talking about the oline, the WRs and the QBs.

Are they supposed to be our strength ?

This thread seems like a weak attempt to dog out Feidler. The guy missed almost half of the games played.

jay is more of a "strength" than he's given credit for...again, i go back to the qb wishlist:arm, speed, etc. but jay doesn't have those things...instead, he has a heart as big as the state of florida. he is a winner, flat out and doessnt deserve the treatment that south florida has given him these past few years. his record as a starter is excellent and he has led more 4th quarter comebacks than many people would care to rehash.

jay is more of a "strength" than he's given credit for...again, i go back to the qb wishlist:arm, speed, etc. but jay doesn't have those things...instead, he has a heart as big as the state of florida. he is a winner, flat out and doessnt deserve the treatment that south florida has given him these past few years. his record as a starter is excellent and he has led more 4th quarter comebacks than many people would care to rehash.

That I can agree.

I've gone from Fiedler "hugger" to Fiedler "basher" to just accepting the guy. I love his competitive fire, but I think we need to move on next year. THe cap hit is to large and we need someone with more physical talent.

Umm...4th quarter comebacks? Have you gotten him mixed up with a guy whose name rhymes with "Ban Barino" ?
I remember exactly two impressive 4th quarter coembacks...last year in Denver, and last sunday.
You're right, he does have a heart of gold, but so does my ex-girlfriend...not a bad person, but definitely not the right one!
As for a few other responses to this thread, it seems obvious that any negative sentiments toward Fiedler are automatically construed as "Fielder Bashing/hating". That's not fair...I do like him...I do wish he was good enough...it's just that I doubt he is. If he leads us to the superbowl, I'll eat my words. I'm not setting my dinner table though in anticipation of a fine word-eating meal.
:eat:

My three favorite things about Jay:

1. He's a tough-guy who can lead a team.

2. He looks for, and throws to, Chris Chambers. Get the ball to the playmaker...

3. He's familiar with the offense so it's less likely he'll expect a receiver to zig and then he zags. Communication, knowledge - only comes from staying in one place for a few years.

JJ can you go more than 2 posts without bringing up what other QB's haven't done? You can point out 1 million things alike between JF and Manning or Farve, but we all know it's irrelavent.

Originally posted by AndyM

Umm...4th quarter comebacks? Have you gotten him mixed up with a guy whose name rhymes with "Ban Barino" ?
I remember exactly two impressive 4th quarter coembacks...last year in Denver, and last sunday.
You're right, he does have a heart of gold, but so does my ex-girlfriend...not a bad person, but definitely not the right one!
As for a few other responses to this thread, it seems obvious that any negative sentiments toward Fiedler are automatically construed as "Fielder Bashing/hating". That's not fair...I do like him...I do wish he was good enough...it's just that I doubt he is. If he leads us to the superbowl, I'll eat my words. I'm not setting my dinner table though in anticipation of a fine word-eating meal.
:eat:

I think your forgetting Buffalo in 2001, the Raiders game which placed him on the cover of S.I. and a few others.

Jay has done his share of 4th quarter comebacks.

He is not Marino, nowhere even close in the talent dept., however in the heart dept, I would put him up there with the best.

Back
Top Bottom