Fiedler working with Trestman Already | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler working with Trestman Already

Originally posted by Brad528
And after i see people talking bad about CHambers come on do you watch the games? For real do you? Chambers is the best WR we have had in a long time. The reason his stats go down is cause JF always seems to go down on the injured list. The other QB's are never comfortable enough to go down field to him. By the way he had more TDS this year then last year and the year before. His catches are lower then most but at least he isnt complaining saying throw him the damn ball cause then you all would say he had a bad attitude.

Agreed, however he has under achieved. Was it because of Fiedler, position coach Ford or was it because he is not really a #1 WR?

Personally I think it's because of coach Ford, who has done nothing but fielded under achieving WR's for years.

Ford is gone, Fiedler is about to be gone. So after this season I think we'll all get our answer on how really good Chambers is.

But in no way can anyone say he has been one of the BEST WR's in the NFL. I think that's the level most of us think he should be playing at.

Oliver...

Originally posted by minus

Funny how Bill Parcels will be interested in Fiedler if he becomes available not to mention Hank said today in his show that alot of analyst like what they see from Fiedler on Film.Give Fiedler an adequate line and he can be become top 10 QB.

The madness continues!

Talk to Bill Parcells much do you?
As far as analysts liking what they see in Fiedler on film.....
Those are quotes from opposing teams defensive coordinators.
They LOVE what they see from Jay every time the Fins line up against them!

Well, whatever his problems are, they haven't been corrected in 4 years and with a 6 mil salary coming due...................... time to move on.

All I know is that in the 4 years that Fiedler has been here, there is always SOME excuse... the line is hurt, no RB, no WR... I am sorry, but I have had enough. Fiedler was brought in here NOT to lose games. However, there are a good number when he makes bad throws that arguably lose the game. I AM TIRED of the excuses, either play well or find someone that will. That is my guess too, now with Brunell's asking price a little too high (IMO) I think we will be stuck with Fiedler for one more year developing some young QB (I PRAY it is Rivers).

Originally posted by NCFINFAN38
There is one glaring problem that needs to be answered. When Jay is in we find a way to overcome his mistakes and win ball games. Then when something happens to Jay we bring in the "other guy", (every year there is somebody who everybody says is so much better), and instead of winning ugly we lose horribly. When he is not in we can't run, pass, shoot we can barely punt well. Now the question is, could ANYBODY make this offense look good?? Jay is not Marino or Elway, but he wins games when no one else around here can. You can say it is the team around him that wins all the games but that doesn't hold up when the "OTHER GUY" can't get a first down.
Now I am not saying Jay is the long term answer, and I too would love to get a younger QB like a Manning or someone to come in for the future, but to think a new QB will suddenly fix ALL the offensive problems THIS team has is a joke. Jay is not a great QB but he is not the problem with the offense. He may be the best player on the offense besides Ricky and Randy. And yes I left Chambers off that list, he has potential but needs to improve over his rookie year. He has gone backward instead of getting better.

That is why it is imperative that we draft a qB for our future this year. None of them will come in and immediately fix our problems. That's why we draft one now, let him learn awhile and hopefully when he's ready to go in a yr or 2, alot of the other p[roblems will be fixed. next yr is pretty much another waste with wannstedt as HC anywya.

Funny how Bill Parcels will be interested in Fiedler if he becomes available not to mention Hank said today in his show that alot of analyst like what they see from Fiedler on Film.Give Fiedler an adequate line and he can be become top 10 QB.

Well at least you [or whoever it was] don't say he's a pro-bowler anymore. IMO, Fiedler is not accurate enough to be a top 10 QB. Well, maybe it's possible if you only use the skewed QB rating anyway.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

The madness continues!

The real funny thing is that when Fiedler was signed 4 yrs ago, the majority felt it was a good cheap signing for the time being to give us time to find another QB. That hunt never really happened at all and is why we're in this situation right now today. Another one of the "Cluelessness's" mishaps. Then alot of folks went off the deep end with him cuz he won us 22 games, nevermind the fact he can't win the ones that matter most which plague us still today. It's totally unbelieveable how anyone can honestly say that they truly feel that Fiedler is the man to take the Dolphins where they want to go. See, that's just it, they don't have to be honest with the rest, but just being honest with themselves. There is no indication at all, whatsoever that could lead someone to believe otherwise. But, just MO anyway.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

The madness continues!

Actually Hank Glodberg does and Bill Parcels who is consider to be greatest coach by many is interest in a such a "bad QB" like you try to make Jay Fiedler look like.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

The real funny thing is that when Fiedler was signed 4 yrs ago, the majority felt it was a good cheap signing for the time being to give us time to find another QB. That hunt never really happened at all and is why we're in this situation right now today. Another one of the "Cluelessness's" mishaps. Then alot of folks went off the deep end with him cuz he won us 22 games, nevermind the fact he can't win the ones that matter most which plague us still today. It's totally unbelieveable how anyone can honestly say that they truly feel that Fiedler is the man to take the Dolphins where they want to go. See, that's just it, they don't have to be honest with the rest, but just being honest with themselves. There is no indication at all, whatsoever that could lead someone to believe otherwise. But, just MO anyway.

I think Jay is capable of playing more consistent behind a better oline.I never said that an upgrade at QB is not needed but it looks like there won't be as many options as we originally thought before season ended.

Jay Fiedler is our best choice unless you want to go unexperience which really won't lead us anywhere.

BTW
I was asking for Phillip Rivers before more people jump on his bandwagon after senior bowl.As Noles fan and ACC fan,I knew this guy was the real thing.No doubt in my mind Rivers should be the Dolphins first pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think Jay is capable of playing more consistent behind a better oline.I never said that an upgrade at QB is not needed but it looks like there won't be as many options as we originally thought before season ended.

Jay Fiedler is our best choice unless you want to go unexperience which really won't lead us anywhere.

BTW
I was asking for Phillip Rivers before more people jump on his bandwagon after senior bowl.As Noles fan and ACC fan,I knew this guy was the real thing.No doubt in my mind Rivers should be the Dolphins first pick.

Fiedler was unexperienced and 4 yrs later, he has gotten us nowhere also. it's sort of like the griese thing, ya hope he got a chance so we can make a good descision on the position. Nothing new has changed, we still know what Fiedler has to offer and that hasn't changed at all. Like i said before, it's not really a big deal who the QB is for next yr. it is important to draft one THIS year and get him ready for next. I figure next yr already to be a "foregone conclusion" in the wanny is still here. i would like to say that he'll be gone if we don't make the playoffs again but with Wayne, geeeeeeeez, WTF really knows. We're fighting a double-edged sword here!

Actually Hank Glodberg does and Bill Parcels who is consider to be greatest coach by many is interest in a such a "bad QB" like you try to make Jay Fiedler look like.

Hank Goldberg has continually and continually said that he agrees QB is a position that needs upgrade.
Hank Goldberg is the one that got the information out of Norv that Norv had lost all faith in Fiedler hence throwing out half of his play book with your favorite player Jay at the helm.
Hank Goldberg has eluded to major inconsistent play at QB when Jay is in there.

Yeah, just sounds like he loves Jay.
As for Parcells, Jay would NEVER last.
Parcells does not tolerate mistakes and Jay is a walking mistake.- waiting to happen.

What else you got Minus?

Back
Top Bottom