Fiedler working with Trestman Already | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler working with Trestman Already

Not a leader. He was voted Captain in 2002. And everyone said after the Redskins game that he showed that since of leadership and confidence in the huddle they were used to. That point is unfounded and untrue.

Just open your eyes to what everyone else in the NFL sees when they look at the Dolphins.......they have one of the worst groups of QB's in the league. It is time to invest a high draft pick and upgrade the talent at the QB position......Jay had his shot and he has not delivered....time to move on.

Carolina Dolfan, you had me rolling with that F**CK Fiedler and Sage rate 32 out of 32 teams.. BLHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!:lol:

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
Why would Trestman be working with Fiedler if there was no chance in him coming back. I mean if Jay was in no way coming back they would have told Trestman and Jay to find better things to do with their time.

My feeling is that Jay and Trestman will form a bond and Trestman will take the chance of molding Jay into a better QB.

Sorry, but Jay can play Great Football. Hate him or not but the Dallas game proved his ability to put up great #s.

It still may not happen, but I have a feeling Jay restructures and is retained along with Sage and either Rivers or Henson.

I don't have big problem with Fiedler being back as long as they address the real problem with this offense, the WR corps.

However after saying all that I will be disapointed if he is back, because I feel he had his chance, 4-years worth, and he is not young. It's time to move on if possible.

The only way I can see him being back is if he re-structures his contract, and they go after a rookie QB in the draft rather than a FA QB. At that point Fiedler makes a lot of sense. The guy is a winner and good leader after all.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Dolfan4life

Sorry, but Jay can play Great Football. Hate him or not but the Dallas game proved his ability to put up great #s.

Sorry, but one great game a year ain't gonna cut it.

Re: Re: Fiedler working with Trestman Already

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Sorry, but one great game a year ain't gonna cut it.

That applies to Chambers and the WR's as well. There is not just one problem on this offense.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Re: Fiedler working with Trestman Already

Originally posted by ohall

That applies to Chambers and the WR's as well. There is not just one problem on this offense.

Oliver...

For some reason, you left out the OL and McMichael.

That's funny. How many times did Chambers beat his man downfield and get over/underthrown? 40+ yard gains apply to more 100-yard games. And if you haven't noticed, Chambers had more than 1 great game. Not to mention he has 2 #4 WR's as his compliments.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fiedler working with Trestman Already

You leave out McMichael.

That's funny. How many times did Chambers beat his man downfield and get over/underthrown? 40+ yard gains apply to more 100-yard games. And if you haven't noticed, Chambers had more than 1 great game. Not to mention he has 2 #4 WR's as his compliments.

Same could be said, about how many times did Chambers and the other WR's drop an easy pass from Fiedler or Griese?

The passing game had it's problems. If you and others want to think it's all on Fiedler, go right ahead. I know for myself I saw entirely too many easy passes dropped by our entire WR corps for me to think it's all Fiedler.

If they do not address this problem no matter who the QB is they will suffer the same fate.

Maybe you missed Fiedler had more than 1 GREAT last year as well. Again I want Jay gone, but IMO the biggest problem is this over rated WR corps.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fiedler working with Trestman Already

Originally posted by ohall

The passing game had it's problems. If you and others want to think it's all on Fiedler, go right ahead.

I have no clue what you're talking about. I'm the one on here always pushing for Mike Clayton. Chambers dropped just as many easy balls as Moss or Holt. He was overthrown deep on sure TD's atleast 7 times. Didn't see them? Go watch the first meeting against Buffalo, the first play of the Cowboys game, 2 times in the Ravens game, the Redskins game, the Jaguars game, and the sure-TD in the endzone in the last meeting against Buffalo. That's EXTREMELY sad.

Our #2 and #3 WR spots are the problems of the corp. I wouldn't even mind keeping Thompson as a #3 to say, Mike Clayton or a Peter Warrick.

I don't believe the WR are all over rated. Chambers is a good threat but has yet to best 1000 yds in a season, he does make the some of the greatest catches in the league, the rest of our WR don't scare anyone. Jay is as inaccurate a starter as there is in the league. The ideal situation is to replace Jay w/ a free agent like Brunnel, then get a guy who's young at QB with potential like a Feely or Henson, and draft WR in rd 1.

Originally posted by Carolina_Dolfan
Just open your eyes to what everyone else in the NFL sees when they look at the Dolphins.......they have one of the worst groups of QB's in the league. It is time to invest a high draft pick and upgrade the talent at the QB position......Jay had his shot and he has not delivered....time to move on.

everybody knows that they have to do something about qb this offseason, and it is time to invest for the future. no more stop gaps that are gonna leave this team in the same position 3 years from now. at the same time, jay would be good to have around why a rookie qb can have a grace period before being thrown to the wolves imo

It is fair to say, not that is't the right thing to say, but in 2002, this offense was scoring an avg of 24 ppg with JF and RL at the helm. The last year that it was above 20 was in 1996.

JF had 14 TD to 9 INT that year (2002), with a 61% comp, and a 85% QBR. Two things he had that year that was missing in 03', running the ball effeciently and a QB coach...

They had 12 games where the offense score 21+ points per game (42,21,30,30,26,24,26,30,21,27,23 and 24). That was inspite of JF and RL...

He had 11 TD to 13 INT this past year (03), with a 57% comp, and a 72% QBR. He did not have a QB coach last year for the most part Norv was suppose to have done double duty. I doubt Norv did much to help JF, with his gameplanning and all...

They had 7 games where the offense scored 21+ points per game (21,23,24,24,33,27,and 23). That was inspite of JF and BG and no running game for the most part...

Who knows, with a great QB coach, a GM that will make the right calls to improve the O-unit, either BG or JF will be asked to stay and show their attributes in the mini-camps...

[EDIT]- With 12 games of 21+ points per game in 02', how come this team went 9-7?
Can anyone spell D E F E N S E ;)

Here, to a new season :yikes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fiedler working with Trestman Already

I have no clue what you're talking about. I'm the one on here always pushing for Mike Clayton. Chambers dropped just as many easy balls as Moss or Holt. He was overthrown deep on sure TD's atleast 7 times. Didn't see them? Go watch the first meeting against Buffalo, the first play of the Cowboys game, 2 times in the Ravens game, the Redskins game, the Jaguars game, and the sure-TD in the endzone in the last meeting against Buffalo. That's EXTREMELY sad.

Our #2 and #3 WR spots are the problems of the corp. I wouldn't even mind keeping Thompson as a #3 to say, Mike Clayton or a Peter Warrick.

Good I'm glad we agree, our current WR corps is under rated.

You still want to burn a cross named Fiedler go right ahead.

Oliver...

EDIT:

over rated even! DUR!

Oliver...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom