Fiedler working with Trestman Already | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler working with Trestman Already

It doesnt matter if Jay has the Talent he has yet to play an entire season since he has been on the team. We dont need a qb who is injured year after year. If he stayed healthy for the whole season i agree he might have some good numbers and play better. But the fact is he is fragile and cant play a whole season. He gets injured more then any other qb in the league. You can blame it on our line or whoever but the fact is he just cant take a hit.

Originally posted by Brad528
It doesnt matter if Jay has the Talent he has yet to play an entire season since he has been on the team. We dont need a qb who is injured year after year. If he stayed healthy for the whole season i agree he might have some good numbers and play better. But the fact is he is fragile and cant play a whole season. He gets injured more then any other qb in the league. You can blame it on our line or whoever but the fact is he just cant take a hit.

I tend to agree with you on everything except that you mentioned JF has not played an entire season in Miami.

He started all 16 games in 2001...

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
Jeff George had all the physical tools, but was drafted by the Colts. That would ruin anyones career back then.

Jay is not Marino, but he and Sage would be sufficient for next year.

He hasn't been sufficient for 4 long years and just like every other year there are still some on here waiting for Fiedler's breakout Pro Bowl season. :lol:

Burn me once.... burn me twice.... the third time your just a glutton for punishment. The Fins have been burned 4 years in a row and it's time they smarten up and cut losses. As for you guys who still support Jay and think he's a great QB......
I question your standards.......

Re: Re: Re: Fiedler working with Trestman Already

Originally posted by themole

Those things that are wrong with Fiedler can be corrected....

corrected?????
Where do you guys come from.
Do you actually read your posts?

Your saying a 32 year old QB that has shown no signs of improvement over the 4 years he was given a starting job, has never shown any amount of consistency and lost all the confidence of his own coaches to execute half the playbook is going to just all of a sudden "correct" his problems?:lol:

Yet the same people on here that say Jay is only going to get better at 32 at the same time are saying that Mark Brunell is washed up and old at 33!
:roflmao:
Please ... stop.... I can't take it anymore!

If you guys are going to back up Jay at least come up with something legit to back it up!

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
Why would Trestman be working with Fiedler if there was no chance in him coming back. I mean if Jay was in no way coming back they would have told Trestman and Jay to find better things to do with their time.

My feeling is that Jay and Trestman will form a bond and Trestman will take the chance of molding Jay into a better QB.

Sorry, but Jay can play Great Football. Hate him or not but the Dallas game proved his ability to put up great #s.

It still may not happen, but I have a feeling Jay restructures and is retained along with Sage and either Rivers or Henson.

I really wouldn't mind seeing this happen at all. I would however, like to see Sage get his shot at the starting gig so an open competition in TC would be important here.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fiedler working with Trestman Already

Originally posted by Trekbiz

corrected?????
Where do you guys come from.
Do you actually read your posts?

Your saying a 32 year old QB that has shown no signs of improvement over the 4 years he was given a starting job, has never shown any amount of consistency and lost all the confidence of his own coaches to execute half the playbook is going to just all of a sudden "correct" his problems?:lol:

Yet the same people on here that say Jay is only going to get better at 32 at the same time are saying that Mark Brunell is washed up and old at 33!
:roflmao:
Please ... stop.... I can't take it anymore!

If you guys are going to back up Jay at least come up with something legit to back it up!

Come on Trekie, you can't say that Fiedler hasn't improved at all. He's been pretty decent when he's been healthy and has done some pretty nice things when he's been in ther for a long period time. Unfortunately, the guy gets injured every friggin year and, invariably, the team skids when that happens.

Assuming no Brunell here (the Foreskins look to have the inside track on that deal) there's really not another QB out there that's going to be any better than Fiedler. Unless you're going to give guys like Anthony Wright, Jeff Blake, or AJ Feely the reigns to the franchise, keeping Jay around may well be the best option as long as Sage is allowed to compete with him for the starting gig and a rookie is drafted to take over in a year or two.

When you look at it that way, there's really not a whole lot to argue with.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fiedler working with Trestman Already

Originally posted by Cranx

Assuming no Brunell here (the Foreskins look to have the inside track on that deal) there's really not another QB out there that's going to be any better than Fiedler. Unless you're going to give guys like Anthony Wright, Jeff Blake, or AJ Feely the reigns to the franchise, keeping Jay around may well be the best option as long as Sage is allowed to compete with him for the starting gig and a rookie is drafted to take over in a year or two.

When you look at it that way, there's really not a whole lot to argue with.

Can't agree with you on Fiedler doing good things when he's healthy. (Which is hardly ever anyway.)
I've never watched him play and been really impressed with the abilities he has on any kind of consistent basis. Can he make a great play? Yes. Can he do it consistently? No he has never shown that ability. Consistency is everything.
As an example in baseball 2 hits in every 10 at bats is a 200 avg and a bench warmer. 3 hits in every 10 at bats is a 300 avg. hitter and a possible hall of famer.

Fiedler shows no consistency in his play and is like that .200 hitter.

As far as there being risk in handing over the QB spot to an unproven guy if we can't get Brunell...... I agree there will be risk.

It's the same risk this organization took on when they handed the franchise over to a very unproven Jay Fiedler four years ago.
That risk IMO can now be looked on as an obvious bust. It's time to take a chance on another potential talent and see if that player can step up and deliver like Jay never has.

The bigger risk IMO is not making a change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough. We'll just have to see what happens. Don't go too aggro on us if Jay doesn't get cut. :up:

To say Fiedler is Fragile is a joke. Sorry, but when 300 pound men hit you full throttle you are going to get injured.

So, some will say McNair and Favre play through injuries.

Well, Fiedler's thumb injury required surgery, Favre was lucky his did not. McNair missed a couple of games and he living on borrowed time as far as injuries go.

Zach has been hurt as well as Chambers and Surtain. I guess now you will say they are fragile.

Its Football, players get hurt. That is reality. That doesn't mean you are fragile.

go jump off your roof 20 times. See if you break a bone. If you do it doesn't mean you are fragile, it means you are human.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fiedler working with Trestman Already

Originally posted by Cranx

Come on Trekie, you can't say that Fiedler hasn't improved at all.

You sure as hell can.

There is one glaring problem that needs to be answered. When Jay is in we find a way to overcome his mistakes and win ball games. Then when something happens to Jay we bring in the "other guy", (every year there is somebody who everybody says is so much better), and instead of winning ugly we lose horribly. When he is not in we can't run, pass, shoot we can barely punt well. Now the question is, could ANYBODY make this offense look good?? Jay is not Marino or Elway, but he wins games when no one else around here can. You can say it is the team around him that wins all the games but that doesn't hold up when the "OTHER GUY" can't get a first down.
Now I am not saying Jay is the long term answer, and I too would love to get a younger QB like a Manning or someone to come in for the future, but to think a new QB will suddenly fix ALL the offensive problems THIS team has is a joke. Jay is not a great QB but he is not the problem with the offense. He may be the best player on the offense besides Ricky and Randy. And yes I left Chambers off that list, he has potential but needs to improve over his rookie year. He has gone backward instead of getting better.

Originally posted by Carolina_Dolfan
Just open your eyes to what everyone else in the NFL sees when they look at the Dolphins.......they have one of the worst groups of QB's in the league. It is time to invest a high draft pick and upgrade the talent at the QB position......Jay had his shot and he has not delivered....time to move on.

Funny how Bill Parcels will be interested in Fiedler if he becomes available not to mention Hank said today in his show that alot of analyst like what they see from Fiedler on Film.Give Fiedler an adequate line and he can be become top 10 QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every player in the league has been hurt but not every single year. Jay has played though some injury and i do give him respect for that such as in the Denver game last year when he led the game winning drive with a broken hand. But he still missed multiple game afterwards and we had to settle for Lucas. We all know how that worked. A qb who misses at least 4 games a year should not comeback as the starter. Thats like bringing Orande back to play as a starter.

If i was Bill i would like him aswell look what he did against the Cowgirls. He looked like a pro bowler but **** is different playing in the AFC East and thats the problem. We need a qb that can play with the rest of the division. Miami would have made the playoffs in most divisions the last two years but not in ours.

And after i see people talking bad about CHambers come on do you watch the games? For real do you? Chambers is the best WR we have had in a long time. The reason his stats go down is cause JF always seems to go down on the injured list. The other QB's are never comfortable enough to go down field to him. By the way he had more TDS this year then last year and the year before. His catches are lower then most but at least he isnt complaining saying throw him the damn ball cause then you all would say he had a bad attitude.

Back
Top Bottom