Fiedler working with Trestman Already | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler working with Trestman Already

Originally posted by JAGFISH
I don't believe the WR are all over rated. Chambers is a good threat but has yet to best 1000 yds in a season, he does make the some of the greatest catches in the league, the rest of our WR don't scare anyone. Jay is as inaccurate a starter as there is in the league. The ideal situation is to replace Jay w/ a free agent like Brunnel, then get a guy who's young at QB with potential like a Feely or Henson, and draft WR in rd 1.

Truth be told, we need a real #1 WR. I would hope they would try and get a WR that would push Chambers for the #1 position. Their problem has been they are looking for #2 or #3 guys. That's no way to build a WR corps.

Now that WR coach Ford was fired I'm certain that alone will make our current WR corps better, but they still need a lot of work.

Oliver...

I agree we need a QB of the future. I feel Rivers or Henson could be that guy. However, Brunell is likely gone to the Skins and he said he did not want to play for a team that drafted a QB with its #1.

That is not good because he is showing his feeling towards competition.

Jay will be told that one maybe two more years will be all he has. He will likely restructure and that helps us in more than one way.

1. We have a young gun waiting in the wing learning the ropes
2. Jay restructuring frees up money for other holes
3. Jay is used to being booed by his home crowd so he won't have to get used to that

Originally posted by ohall

Truth be told, we need a real #1 WR. I would hope they would try and get a WR that would push Chambers for the #1 position. Their problem has been they are looking for #2 or #3 guys. That's no way to build a WR corps.

I believe with a QB with an arm, Chambers is without a doubt a true #1 WR and a rising star. But like I said, when Mike Clayton is in his 2nd or 3rd year, IMO he will be a great player. Those two guy together would be too dangerous to stop.

Now, I'm not saying that because he's my favorite player..;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

I believe with a QB with an arm, Chambers is without a doubt a true #1 WR and a rising star. But like I said, when Mike Clayton is in his 2nd or 3rd year, IMO he will be a great player. Those two guy together would be too dangerous to stop.

Now, I'm not saying that because he's my favorite player..;)

I tend to agree, WR's will always do better if the QB is better. Just like a QB will do better when his WR's are better. My only contention is the Dolphins WR corps is so bad as they stand right now even the BEST QB would suffer with this group.

Fiedler has to go, but if for whatever reason he's still here they had better have addressed the WR corps.

Oliver...

Ya but I think with Chambers, Clayton, Thompson, Minnis, Tolver, and Simmons our WR core should be sufficient. Atleast for a run based team.

Originally posted by Carolina_Dolfan
yippee......Jay Fiedler might be back and with Wanny coming back we can still be a medicore football team.......yippee!

:party: :drinker:

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
How do you get to the NFL without talent. That is 100% absurd.

THey don't go down to the homeless shelters and offer starting QB jobs.

Just think there are 240 million Americans and only 32 starting QBs. That means .000000133% of the people in the world are starting QBs in the NFL.

If only we were all so fortunate.

Dude, i think you meant .000000133% of the people in the USA are starting QBs, I know this country considers itself the world, but there are several billion other people out there who think otherwise.

Originally posted by Jaj
In 99 Jeff George also proved he can put up good numbers.

Jeff George was always capable of putting up GREAT numbers!

His problem was....he couldn't control the BUGS in his head.:lol:

I know it was meant just to show that any QB can put in great numbers. But it was meant to be sarcasm considering Jeff George put up a season, and Fiedler a game.

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
Why would Trestman be working with Fiedler if there was no chance in him coming back. I mean if Jay was in no way coming back they would have told Trestman and Jay to find better things to do with their time.

My feeling is that Jay and Trestman will form a bond and Trestman will take the chance of molding Jay into a better QB.

Sorry, but Jay can play Great Football. Hate him or not but the Dallas game proved his ability to put up great #s.

It still may not happen, but I have a feeling Jay restructures and is retained along with Sage and either Rivers or Henson.

I wouldn't be against Fiedler staying with the idea he takes a cut AND drafting Rivers.
while it is true that Jay can play great football, so can many or they wouldn't be in the nfl. Difference is, is the consistency factor. Every once in awhile is not good enough and we hit Dallas at a time they were a little flat.

Re: Re: Fiedler working with Trestman Already

Originally posted by DeDolfan

I wouldn't be against Fiedler staying with the idea he takes a cut AND drafting Rivers.
while it is true that Jay can play great football, so can many or they wouldn't be in the nfl. Difference is, is the consistency factor. Every once in awhile is not good enough and we hit Dallas at a time they were a little flat.

Those things that are wrong with Fiedler can be corrected....IF they are mechanical! And they are as far as how far he throws the ball and his accuracy.

If a QB has made it to the NFL, arm strength becomes a myth and poor mechanics become his nemeses

If the problem is his computer and his reads...thats another story.

Re: Re: Re: Fiedler working with Trestman Already

Originally posted by themole

Those things that are wrong with Fiedler can be corrected....IF they are mechanical! And they are as far as how far he throws the ball and his accuracy.

If a QB has made it to the NFL, arm strength becomes a myth and poor mechanics become his nemeses

If the problem is his computer and his reads...thats another story.

Well, whatever his problems are, they haven't been corrected in 4 years and with a 6 mil salary coming due...................... time to move on.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fiedler working with Trestman Already

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Well, whatever his problems are, they haven't been corrected in 4 years and with a 6 mil salary coming due...................... time to move on.

Well...we'll see won't we!

That's not my call.. nor.. is it yours.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fiedler working with Trestman Already

Originally posted by themole

Well...we'll see won't we!

That's not my call.. nor.. is it yours.

No it's not, but probably the correct one tho . ;)

Wow ... this thread is a huge amount of sound and fury signifying nothing.

ITEM: Trestman is working with Fiedler. GASP! He's doing his job, which is working with the QBs on the current roster. This does not mean the team doesn't want to upgrade at QB. Unfortunately, we can have Trestman just twiddle his thumbs until we figure out who the starter is going to be next year.

ITEM: Trestman has worked with the West Coast offense before. However, this does not mean the Dolphins are going with a West Coast offense. Joel Collier is the OC, he will set the offense.

ITEM: Joel Collier has never, to my knowledge, mentioned Jay Fiedler by name in any of his press statements since being named OC. Ricky, Rob, Randy, Chirs ... all these cogs have been discussed specifically. Not Jay. This is a more true indicator of the teams plans at offense than Trestman working with Fiedler.

So give this non-news-story a rest and resume obsessing over the possible Brunell trade.

Back
Top Bottom