Fiedler's Worst Moment? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler's Worst Moment?

The pick Bruschi returned for a TD to kill our playoff hopes two years ago. At that moment in time it became crystal clear Fiedler would never take us anywhere.

if i had to pick one, i guess ill go with something i havent repressed from my memory yet. opening drive playoff game at oak land, i believe it was a favorable bounce on a punt and decent first drive that had us deep into oakland territory when jay mistook tory james for a fins reciever and hit him in stride for la huge momentum changing 77 yd int return for touch down. ugh. i actually walked in from work and put the tv on at that exact moment to see james high stepping into the endzone

Nothing to see here. move along.

It's like rubber necking on highways. I just do not get it!

phinman1 said:
The pick Bruschi returned for a TD to kill our playoff hopes two years ago. At that moment in time it became crystal clear Fiedler would never take us anywhere.

Yeppers

All good moments so far, but I'll add another one. When we were in the playoffs in '01. We had just beaten the Colts in that thrilling overtime game the week before. Then we played the Raiders, which i had a good feeling we could at least be competitive. I believe the score was 0-0 when Miami was driving early and Fieds throws a pick that goes the other way for 6, thus setting the tone for the game, which we would lose 27-0. I can't believe it's been that long since the Dolphins made the playoffs...wow.

claytonAndDuper said:
if i had to pick one, i guess ill go with something i havent repressed from my memory yet. opening drive playoff game at oak land, i believe it was a favorable bounce on a punt and decent first drive that had us deep into oakland territory when jay mistook tory james for a fins reciever and hit him in stride for la huge momentum changing 77 yd int return for touch down. ugh. i actually walked in from work and put the tv on at that exact moment to see james high stepping into the endzone

:lol: Dang, you must have posted as I was typing...wierd.

ch19079 said:
5 INTs vs the bills 12/05/04...

o wait.. that was AJ... :roflmao:

December 21, 2003 at Orchard Park, New York

8 of 17 for 46 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Terrible, no?

Well guess what, those were Fiedler's numbers in a 20-3 win against the Bills in December 2003. I love how Buffalo fans come here and make fun of the Dolphins while Jay "How did I find employment in the NFL" Fiedler posted a 6-1 record against their pathetic excuse for a pro football team.

Get used to seeing JP Losman under siege twice a year against the Dolphins.

DolfanTom said:
Hey, I'm very new to this site, and this may have already been discussed, but I'm throwing it out there anyways. Living up here with a bunch of NY Jet fans, I'm giddy at the prospect of Jay Fiedler seeing significant playing time with the Jets this season - in light of an upcoming Pennington injury. I'm just so relieved that he's finally someone else's problem. It was the worst five Dolphin years of my entire life, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Got me to thinking. What was the overall worst Fiedler moment? Here's my submission:

-End of the game, week 4, 2004 against the Jets. I finally get down to Miami for a game and I see, in person, Jay Fiedler lateral the ball in desperation to a shocked Damion Macintosh. :shakeno: Let's just put it this way - nothing good ever comes from giving the ball to the left tackle! Maybe it was that I was at this game that made it so bad. I don't know. What are your personal "Worst Jay Fiedler Moments?"

:roflmao: i was at that game and im a huge phin fan. i was drunk and sayin all kinds of stuff about fiedler on the way out of the stadium lol:D

SCall13 said:
The moment he signed the contract with Miami. It was all downhill from there. :D
You took the words right out of my mouth.

the reason i hated wanny is because he thought a big reason for our winning seasons had anything to do with jay at QB. he would always point to jay's record and not anything else. he would ignore jay making horrid decisions because ricky + the defense would own other teams. i was baffled then but im glad thats behind us. could fiedler be in any better place for us to boo him other than in NY? that made me really happy

DolfanTom said:
Hey, I'm very new to this site, and this may have already been discussed, but I'm throwing it out there anyways. Living up here with a bunch of NY Jet fans, I'm giddy at the prospect of Jay Fiedler seeing significant playing time with the Jets this season - in light of an upcoming Pennington injury. I'm just so relieved that he's finally someone else's problem. It was the worst five Dolphin years of my entire life, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Got me to thinking. What was the overall worst Fiedler moment? Here's my submission:

-End of the game, week 4, 2004 against the Jets. I finally get down to Miami for a game and I see, in person, Jay Fiedler lateral the ball in desperation to a shocked Damion Macintosh. :shakeno: Let's just put it this way - nothing good ever comes from giving the ball to the left tackle! Maybe it was that I was at this game that made it so bad. I don't know. What are your personal "Worst Jay Fiedler Moments?"

Fiedler is gone and plays for the Jets now. Can we please let it go???

jp losman doesnt exactly have the most masculine sounding voice and demeanor, makes one wonder about his personal preferences....hmmmmmmm

GRYPHONK said:
lol some of you guys are hilarious.

Do you ever let anything die?

Fiedler had good games and he had horrible games. He made some great plays he made alot of bad plays.

He was the starting QB of a team that won alot of games during his first 4 years.

He is now a jet. I will be the one laughing when he burns Madison and actually has a line that can block for him and receivers that don't drop sure TD'S or run wrong routes. Of course the Phins will still win.

Don't get me wrong, Fiedler wasn't a great QB, he was lousy for us a few games. But some people just need a scapegoat and Fiedler is the guy for you all.

Thank you.

Fiedler wreaked of average. I work in sports statistics and he always slotted in the middle, actually slightly above. But since he was on a good team you can reasonably downgrade that to average. All of my neutral observer friends rated him there.

He didn't have enough variety of pace and loft, just mediocre velocity and below average on the deep ball. He was above average in running ability and competitiveness. Fielder was the first example of the theme of the Wanny/Spielman years; trying to pretend someone else's basement could become your penthouse.

The day Wanny first asked him out and he said pick me up at 8...

Back
Top Bottom