Fiedler's Worst Moment? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler's Worst Moment?

thecoordinator said:
my worst fiedler moment was in the denver game a couple years ago when he hung chambers out to dry and almost got chris killed. i think chambers got a concussion and missed some games. anyone who watches that (wannschmuck) and still wants to go with fiedler as their qb should be banned from football sidelines for life.
i remember that well. and that really sucked

welderpat said:
How about the end of the New England game a couple of years ago when Wanny put the game in his hands at the end all he had to do was complete one stinking pass and he couldn't do it the patsies come back and win the game and put us out of the playoffs :fire: :fire: :fire:

P.S. NO I will not let it go,I was following this franchise long before most of you were born,I am going to bribe Maximilian Roth to do bad things to him,
I am going to have my way with his girlfriend and make her pay me with his money,and when he dies I am going to dig him up and have my way with him too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just a little anger for the putz :lol: :lol:

Who really cares how long you have been a fan. All the more reason to LET IT GO!!

i saw all the foxboro collapses first hand, wasted quite a bit of money on them in the past 10 years or so, and let me tell you it was not pretty. im telling you guys everytime he dropped back to pass id just wait to see who was taking it back the other way for a td, i expected it every single time, sooner or later a game changing int by fiedler

alopez34 said:
Let me guess ur relationship to Big ears an bigger nose.
1. Ur his gf
2. ur his parent
3. ur his friend(why?)
4. Ur his brother cousin neighbor etc
5. UR HIM

p.s. people give everything they got all the time. Jason taylor zach thomas junior seau to name a few. if that is ur only argument Go home and think about ur life because passion only gets u so far as evidence by Mr. My ears cause me to be color blind.
o ya if i played for the phins id give just as much effort as he did but i would suck would u want me on the team??

LOL!!! I love it when someone says something decent about the guy you gotta jump down his throat. Funny thing is that I stated 2 moments I thought were horrible.

Ok tough guy you want me to argue more with Fiedler in his favor.
First season as QB starts off pretty darn good actually was atop the leader boards with something like an 11-4 TD/INT ratio. The offense was steady and solid and we moved on to an 11-5 Season. Second half of the season, most people don't know he tore his rotator cuff but continued to play and opted for post season surgery. Thus his play deteriorated
Next season he started off rough once again and we find out it is because he is recovering from his torn rotator cuff surgery. Second half, he finished the season very strong much like he did the first half of his 1st season. Then he has a bad game against Oakland.
Next season he starts the team off with an6-1 record going into that Denver game you all so fondly remember. What people forget is that a healthy Fiedler provided, up to that game, top 3 in the NFL at QB rating of over 97, TD/INT ratio and also yards per game. He then breaks his finger and we know the Rya Lucas incident. He comes back and finishes the season strong once again in the last 4 games with a 5/2 TD/INT ration and with a QB rating of near 90.

Now what I find really interesting is that during this time frame Chan Gailey was our OC. What is also notable is that during this 3 year span Fiedler rushed for almost 700 yards while posting a QB of over 80. Also, during this time, Gailey realized what kind of QB we had. Limited arm wise but cut make good things happen with his legs. He was a mobile QB and Gailey used alot of bootlegs and play actions and roll outs. Fiedlers completion % was also over 60% under Gailey.

Now moving on to the Brian Griese era. Well this is when Fiedler IMO truly started to diminish. I personally feel it had alot to do with his broken thumb the previous year. However, Norv "Stubborn" Turner now becomes our ne OC. wHAT DOES HE DO? He makes Fiedler a pocket passer and Griese the mobile QB when he was in. Fiedler was never a pocket passer, thus his play showed that. Turner neglected to utilize his skills. This isn't taking away blame From Fiedler. He was the one making the throws.

Last year we also know what happened.

Now one other notable. Under Gailey Fiedler had the option of audibling. I believe under Turner I did not see one audible at the line of scrimmage.

Gailey - 80% + QB rating , more rushing yards, compl % over 60%
Turner- 69% qb ratimg, less rushing yards, compl % around 53.

When Turner turned Fiedler lose we saw what he could do in games like Dallas, Detroit, the 2nd game against the Jets. Common theme, bootlegs and mobile QB.
tHE OTHER 90% of the time when Fiedler was handcuffed and forced to be a pocket passer NE, Buff, etc......

Those are some arguments for yah buddy.

Was Fiedler a great QB? no he wasn't. But he wasn't the problem either.:tongue:

I am done actually posting facts and actually seeing the situation. I will get back now to reading your opinion.

Just for the record I am not claiming Fiedler a hero or great QB. Just simply showing how it wasn't just heart he brought to the team.

In his 5 years he showed more then just heart however.

SCall13 said:
The moment he signed the contract with Miami. It was all downhill from there. :D

You took the words right out of my mouth! :lol:

GRYPHONK said:
LOL!!! I love it when someone says something decent about the guy you gotta jump down his throat. Funny thing is that I stated 2 moments I thought were horrible.

Ok tough guy you want me to argue more with Fiedler in his favor.
First season as QB starts off pretty darn good actually was atop the leader boards with something like an 11-4 TD/INT ratio. The offense was steady and solid and we moved on to an 11-5 Season. Second half of the season, most people don't know he tore his rotator cuff but continued to play and opted for post season surgery. Thus his play deteriorated
Next season he started off rough once again and we find out it is because he is recovering from his torn rotator cuff surgery. Second half, he finished the season very strong much like he did the first half of his 1st season. Then he has a bad game against Oakland.
Next season he starts the team off with an6-1 record going into that Denver game you all so fondly remember. What people forget is that a healthy Fiedler provided, up to that game, top 3 in the NFL at QB rating of over 97, TD/INT ratio and also yards per game. He then breaks his finger and we know the Rya Lucas incident. He comes back and finishes the season strong once again in the last 4 games with a 5/2 TD/INT ration and with a QB rating of near 90.

Now what I find really interesting is that during this time frame Chan Gailey was our OC. What is also notable is that during this 3 year span Fiedler rushed for almost 700 yards while posting a QB of over 80. Also, during this time, Gailey realized what kind of QB we had. Limited arm wise but cut make good things happen with his legs. He was a mobile QB and Gailey used alot of bootlegs and play actions and roll outs. Fiedlers completion % was also over 60% under Gailey.

Now moving on to the Brian Griese era. Well this is when Fiedler IMO truly started to diminish. I personally feel it had alot to do with his broken thumb the previous year. However, Norv "Stubborn" Turner now becomes our ne OC. wHAT DOES HE DO? He makes Fiedler a pocket passer and Griese the mobile QB when he was in. Fiedler was never a pocket passer, thus his play showed that. Turner neglected to utilize his skills. This isn't taking away blame From Fiedler. He was the one making the throws.

Last year we also know what happened.

Now one other notable. Under Gailey Fiedler had the option of audibling. I believe under Turner I did not see one audible at the line of scrimmage.

Gailey - 80% + QB rating , more rushing yards, compl % over 60%
Turner- 69% qb ratimg, less rushing yards, compl % around 53.

When Turner turned Fiedler lose we saw what he could do in games like Dallas, Detroit, the 2nd game against the Jets. Common theme, bootlegs and mobile QB.
tHE OTHER 90% of the time when Fiedler was handcuffed and forced to be a pocket passer NE, Buff, etc......

Those are some arguments for yah buddy.

Was Fiedler a great QB? no he wasn't. But he wasn't the problem either.:tongue:

I am done actually posting facts and actually seeing the situation. I will get back now to reading your opinion.

Just for the record I am not claiming Fiedler a hero or great QB. Just simply showing how it wasn't just heart he brought to the team.

In his 5 years he showed more then just heart however.
even though me and you obviously don't see eye to eye about fiedler good post really all i can say is with his diminishing level of play i'm glad he's no longer a fin

phinman1 said:
The pick Bruschi returned for a TD to kill our playoff hopes two years ago. At that moment in time it became crystal clear Fiedler would never take us anywhere.

That's my pick also. I watched that play over and over again, and I seriously think it's the worst pass I've ever seen attempted (lateral to McIntosh excluded). Not only did Jay NOT have any receivers open, but there were actually three Patriots directly between him and McMichael, and five total Patriots in the area. What the hell he was looking at remains a mystery to this day.

welderpat said:
PRIDE Think about it ;)
I have as much pride as anyone. I just let the bad past go, embrace the good past and look to the future of our beloved organization. I support everyone who wears the uniform and gives their all which Jay did. He is gone now but I see no reason to keep bashing the guy. He did the best he could with what God gave him. He started because he was told to. He played his heart out but he lacked the skills. We can bash him during the season if Chad gets hurt and that's good enough for this 38 year old guy who has loved the Dolphins since he was 4. Bring us to the promised land Nick!!

Jimi said:
This probably has been said but im not searching 4 pages....That attempted latteral to Damion McIntosh was one of the most bone-headed ridiculous things ive ever seen.

See my opening post :wink:

LtDan662002 said:
I have as much pride as anyone. I just let the bad past go, embrace the good past and look to the future of our beloved organization. I support everyone who wears the uniform and gives their all which Jay did. He is gone now but I see no reason to keep bashing the guy. He did the best he could with what God gave him. He started because he was told to. He played his heart out but he lacked the skills. We can bash him during the season if Chad gets hurt and that's good enough for this 38 year old guy who has loved the Dolphins since he was 4. Bring us to the promised land Nick!!

You make a good point, but I guess what I'm saying is I've come to take pride in the fact that we are never the Bengals, we are never the old Bucs or Colts - we are never this bad! I've been a fan since '81 and (being a long-time fan yourself) - we've never seen such embarrassment. You could always make the case for us making the playoffs late in almost every season before last. It takes a really bad coach to knock this team off the the pillar it was on. Whanny was just that, and the primary reason was sticking with Fiedler. :fire: So I guess I'm just a little bit bitter, as I really look forward to watching these games each week, and last season was a complete joke. I'm sure I'll get over it in time for the season!

Back
Top Bottom