Film Room: Week 4 at Bengals | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Film Room: Week 4 at Bengals

dnespins

Active Roster
Reaction score
Rizzi and Fede share a moment, we settle the score on the incomplete pass to Gray and Pead corrects Tanny on the 3rd down run check + all 22 route combos.
[video=youtube;baULk6jH1IY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baULk6jH1IY[/video]

man it gets worse the more you watch it. thank you for posting these but aghhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks again dnespins.

Gamepass has sent out letters to users on how to improve their product. Nice start in getting the all22 up so fast on this one.

Now for Ugly part 2.

Just watching the gifs in the deadspin article was enough to remind me I have no interest in reliving this trash heap.

Screen-Shot-2016-09-29-at-11.28.12-PM-1024x561.png

Screen-Shot-2016-09-29-at-10.41.39-PM.png

Just by watching real quick it's hard to believe that we snap the ball and in ONE second he's getting sacked. Our oline was just horrible for most of the game. Tannehill had some bad plays too but of the 5 sacks I believe one was his fault and the other 4 he had no chance at all

Ozzy rules!!

Per usual the all 22 paints a qb performance where he doesnt have many options...the forced fumble ball he wants those top side in breaking routes but they take longer to develop and he cant stand in and wait on them...if he did power step forward there im pretty sure the left tackles man engulfs him...hed have to have taken off forward almost before he even began his progression...anyways if he has time he can bang that in cut to the 50 once it clears the zone defender level inside or if he doesnt like it he has the other route top side just above it...what he doesnt have is time to let either develop

The int is just a force by the qb imo due to frustration more than anything else...but either way its a bad read on a basic coverage look with no disguise pre snap

The pbu by burfict i was wondering if landry ran his route too vertical out of the cut thus the lb could undercut it but he didnt the qb just placed that ball too far inside...its too bad cause thats a 15 yard gain if he leads him out front

Thats probably the third game and time ive seen that everyone run 5 yards and turn around play call and its the third time weve done nothing with it

Im thinking that going forward if we have tackle concerns in pass pro we start shortening up the depth of the drops to one give the qb a more walked up in pocket vs wide rushers just by the route combos relative to the drop and if we feel confident our pivot and center group can keep from getting walked back into the qb...you shorten the drops you shorten the distance from the interior dline to the qb...with tunsil bushrod and steen or pouncey id feel ok about that

Forgot to mention i see now why he threw that ball to stills on that early 3rd down...stills is driving vertically on a lb with no help the pre to post snap read says to attack that with a stop route that should be thrown outside shoulder due to leverage...lb did well to cover that like he did...if he had come off it im sure parker is where that ball would have gone to next...the way that lb stays so attached at the top of the route maybe he ahould have come off it

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats probably the third game and time ive seen that everyone run 5 yards and turn around play call and its the third time weve done nothing with it

this is a staple of the gase offense. it's all over the bears tape from last year. they ran it as many as 5 times a game some weeks.

for an offense to be as bad as ours is right now, it can't be just one thing. we're getting sub-par play from the OL, QB and the coaching/play calling is doing nothing to help it. there are so many things we could be doing offensively and instead we just get back there in empty and put an X where the QB will be. i don't get it.

this is a staple of the gase offense. it's all over the bears tape from last year. they ran it as many as 5 times a game some weeks.

for an offense to be as bad as ours is right now, it can't be just one thing. we're getting sub-par play from the OL, QB and the coaching/play calling is doing nothing to help it. there are so many things we could be doing offensively and instead we just get back there in empty and put an X where the QB will be. i don't get it.

I think that qb with the x thing is more about a short week and oline attrition than anything else

They got nothing but mental reps this week

But i can also say that the boots arent influencing the backside edge defender at all...they could care less off our tape about the running game

You got to be a pretty dumb player to take bait against miami backside at the lb or edge rusher level...theres no reason to

This happened twice last week in where the Fins completely blew TE coverage vs PA. Very first play Cinci tested to see if the issue may have been addressed with a WR motioned to wing alignment. Nope. LaFell even fell down and still had time to run the route unmarked for 10 yards.

[vine]5rLqTwYhHAK[/vine]

Great playcall by Cincy here to create a mismatch vs our 4-3 base by recognizing M2M and forcing Alonso to cover the RB in the fieldside flat . . .

[vine]5rLhme2FpxH[/vine]

CONT: Lack of speed and poor angle by Alonso results in a 12 yard gain.

[vine]5rLOrngTW2p[/vine]

Last edited by a moderator:
This happened twice last week in where the Fins completely blew TE coverage vs PA. Very first play Cinci tested to see if the issue may have been addressed with a WR motioned to wing alignment. Nope. LaFell even fell down and still had time to run the route unmarked for 10 yards.

hey some of these guys didn't play last week it's new to them lol.

Back
Top Bottom