Film Room: Week 4 at Bengals | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Film Room: Week 4 at Bengals

I think thats because our guys at the lb level are hell bent on stopping the run unlike the teams that we play against who feel like we do them a favor when we call it

Polar opposites

This happened twice last week in where the Fins completely blew TE coverage vs PA. Very first play Cinci tested to see if the issue may have been addressed with a WR motioned to wing alignment. Nope. LaFell even fell down and still had time to run the route unmarked for 10 yards.

[vine]5rLqTwYhHAK[/vine]

Im pretty sure that fall down is about selling the run action with a cut block not meant to cut anyone

Hes the primary on the play they dont want him getting held up or delayed by actual contact

I think thats because our guys at the lb level are hell bent on stopping the run unlike the teams that we play against who feel like we do them a favor when we call it

Polar opposites

I'll just cut and paste what I had said about the defensive game plan earlier:

How the **** does a defensive back coach tuned coordinator allow his secondary to be dominated by a single WR thru the air, for more yards than the Fins accumulated in total passing yards, be so absolutely clueless in not changing the coverage scheme nor bracketing the superstar whom he knew from his former team. Completely unacceptable.

Im pretty sure that fall down is about selling the run action with a cut block not meant to cut anyone

Hes the primary on the play they dont want him getting held up or delayed by actual contact

Certainly. Still hilarious. And the seconday option of the backside TE was open for even more yardage. Cincy prob assumed (incorrectly) that VJ would have fixed that fatal flaw from being drubbed by it last week on numerous occasions and threw in a wrinkle that ironically wasn't even needed.

I cant argue with the letting aj green beat us...i know i saw both our safeties combine on a tackle with contact at the same time from both of them in run support on one down the middle gallop at or just past the lb level where i said for that to happen both these guys have to be playing heavy run by game plan and not helping the corners much

When do you see both safeties hit a ball carrier together on the same fill? You dont unless a guy gets held up or something

They were attacking the los

Very nice drive back to the ball and solo tackle by Howard.

[vine]5rLvEq5pMQe[/vine]

Alonso sets himself up here with good recognition to make a nice play on the pass to the boundary flat and gets the defense off the field for a 3-n-out.

[vine]5rL6Y0nDHpW[/vine]

51 yard PA boot to AJ Green shows just how elite a WR he is. Incredible catch. Red Rocket maneuvers well in the pocket to make it happen.

[vine]5rLdtQVDY3l[/vine]

I cant argue with the letting aj green beat us...i know i saw both our safeties combine on a tackle with contact at the same time from both of them in run support on one down the middle gallop at or just past the lb level where i said for that to happen both these guys have to be playing heavy run by game plan and not helping the corners much

When do you see both safeties hit a ball carrier together on the same fill? You dont unless a guy gets held up or something

They were attacking the los

[vine]5rLpUKwBLYq[/vine]

Thanks to everyone and especially Hoops for this dialog. Lots of ideas to discuss. First Ryann Tannehill will almost certainly be our QB this year and at least part of next year. So let's embrace the guy and move forward. This system appears to put the responsibility on the QB probably for the first time. If so this is a evolutionary process that Ryan T. must adapt to or wither. Let's move on to sucess first a short passing game needs to be developed from the tight ends and running backs out of the backfield. This will take pressure off both the QB and OL plus create time for plays to develop downfield. This last game showed us some glimpse of light as our defense showed up and our interior running game. Of course the defense had some backups playing which questions the heart of our veterans. The Oline issue gets down how much can we give up in pass production to improve our running game. The quickest way to sucess outside of our QB right now is identifying players who can contribute in these areas plus Gase keeping the team motivated.

Great protection call by Cincy in dealing with the double A gap pressure and the DE 9 tech by bringing the RB directly behind the LOS to the right of the center.

[vine]5rLTAT2PJpa[/vine]

Very nice break up on Green's slant by Lippet on 3rd down. Unfortunately this is the best angle as the endzone cam doesn't pan in time to capture it.

[vine]5rLPW0r0IdM[/vine]

This game was the breaking point for me with Tannehill. Three plays in particular are what did it for me. The strip sack play (2:17 in the video), the play where he tried to throw a short pass over the middle to the running back but it was batted down (1:13 in the video), and the play where I believe it was the right guard gets pushed back and Tannehill bumps into him and he goes down (not on the video).

In the strip sack play, he has a clean pocket if he steps up and slides just a little to his right, but he stood there flat footed like a statue and fumbled. The second play that I referenced where the ball got batted down, he fades back when he feels a little push from the left defensive end instead of sliding just a little to his left to avoid pressure. The play where he gets sacked by bumping into his own guard is beyond pathetic and was the play that broke my will. It was the play that made me never want to see Tannehill play another down in a Dolphin uniform after this season is over.

There are countless examples of similar type pocket issues littered throughout his career, but this game was the breaking point for me. Watch the last play on the video where he forces the ball and throws the interception. The throw was a bad decision obviously, but I can forgive him for that because he so rarely does something like that, but watch his drop back. He fades to his left a little as he is dropping back (why the hell is he not dropping straight back) and then at the end of his drop back he slide steps to his left right into the only place in the pocket where there is any push. He made his throwing lane even smaller by side stepping into the pressure. He does stuff like that frequently. That is why he has so many balls batted down. He doesn't slide enough, even subtly, to give himself a clean throwing lane. Hell, half the time he does just the opposite and slides into the pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Screen-Shot-2016-09-29-at-11.28.12-PM-1024x561.png

Screen-Shot-2016-09-29-at-10.41.39-PM.png

That part of the video is awesome. I haven't got past it yet, still rewatching. :D

The player the coach is chewing out? Mhhh... I see a 7 and a 6 in the back of the helmet. But Albert was inactive, right?

Back
Top Bottom