Film Room: Week 4 at Bengals | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Film Room: Week 4 at Bengals

On the Gray drop, it's funny. I was watching Montana's 10 greatest games or something before the game. #1 was the Catch game, even though Montana didn't even play that well. But there was the Catch. And the funny thing is it wasn't even a great pass. No better than Tanehill's pass to Gray, IMO. What I got out of that is that a receiver can make a QB look like the GOAT or he can make him look like a just a goat. 90% of the fans will swear by the result of the play. And what isn't so funny is that the 90% includes football people, too. Like the executives and owners who make the decisions.

The pass from Montana was thrown high to avoid underneath defenders. He couldn't have put it anywhere else. Yes, it required a great catch, but the situation was completely different. Gray should have made the catch, but it was a poor throw - and a relatively easy throw.

The pass from Montana was thrown high to avoid underneath defenders. He couldn't have put it anywhere else. Yes, it required a great catch, but the situation was completely different. Gray should have made the catch, but it was a poor throw - and a relatively easy throw.

Buuuuulll****, lol. There's even talk about whether he was throwing it away. It was a bad pass -ok, maybe not bad, because it was caught, after all, but far from great- and he had thrown several of those that day. There's a reason it's called the Catch and not the Throw.

OTOH, yes, Tannehill's pass was simpler, but that's not the point. He's already had two TDs dropped and nobody is going to count those as TDs, just like, if Clark hadn't hauled that in, Montana would have been considered nothing but a loooooo-seeeeeeer. At least until he proved otherwise.

I'll agree with the general point that it takes multiple individuals to make a football play.

The stop route to stills the second dirive vs the lb 3rd and long that ball hits stills square in the face mask thats why he points back to tanny after...didnt notice the damn thing hit him in the face

Ahh now i see the 3rd and 6 where dansby read our mail...its a read option/wr bubble screen call straight from adam gase...qbs job is to count the coverage players if less throw the bubble post snap if even stick with the read option...its even 3 wide stacked 3 coverage...tanny reads the edge defender post snap who stays wide taking away the qb keep and does what he should hand it off inside...miami doubles the play side defender but the center stays too long on a right side combo and doesnt get out to the lb dansby

Result 2 yard gain and another drive failed

That urbik combo isnt even play damn side...he should put a shoulder in the right side combo and immediately burst to the second level...he stayed entirely too long...

Perfect example of this running game...3 minutes left in half weve caught them in a safety and lb blitz top side we run the ball bottom side with ajayi this should spring big given we are runnng away from the blitz and they have a single high deep safety only if we can get to him...what happens? Turner comes off the ball to pull too deep as a result ajayi has to check up james cant maintain his outside positioning on peko to seal and turner ends up running into peko to help james who has lost instead of getting to the 2nd level lone lb and wiping him out...thats frustrating we catch them in the right call for a big gain in the run game and we dont execute for squat on the oline

Its not a trap so turner shouldnt come tight to the next man over but he also shouldnt be two yards off the ball making the rb check up and james has to given his angle turn that dt peko so turner can come off his rear end and blow up the lb

2 yard damn gain

Next play results in the qb fumble and both your tackles are beaten bad...tunsil is on skates on that play

This is bad Billy turner tape...he just keeps oversetting...played better at right guard

I also dont like how hes on his tippy toes on the move a lot...

Kiko needs to be better in man coverage...jordan phillips isnt doing as much as i thought he was live...andre branch getting handled one on one by cincis 3rd tight end kroft in line...he looks best in backside pursuit down the line..jason jones not setting the edge giving up some soft corners

Cinci using overloads to run out of...paging adam gase

This offensive line tape is a joke in the 2nd half

They are all getting their asses kicked

Ahh now i see the 3rd and 6 where dansby read our mail...its a read option/wr bubble screen call straight from adam gase...

is this the play ryan tries to move pead to his right?
we were mixed up on this play. back and o line were running it right and tanny thought we were going left because thats how the WRs were lined up. on rpo bubbles the WRs are always on the opposite side that the back is running to. it was just that kind of night.

Hoops its hard to believe that we have had so many OL issues with so many different players, different coaches for so many years. Prior to JJ Shula took street junk and made pretty good lines and I cannot remember the OL coach at this moment back then but he took catpoop for players and made filet Minogue out of em. How can we so inept for so long at one position?

is this the play ryan tries to move pead to his right?
we were mixed up on this play. back and o line were running it right and tanny thought we were going left because thats how the WRs were lined up. on rpo bubbles the WRs are always on the opposite side that the back is running to. it was just that kind of night.

Gase installed some minimal no huddle and it was with that bubble read option look...the run was top side away from the 3 wr side the double at the poa should it be handed off inside but yeah it looked like tanny initially was telling pead to line up wr side

That kinda play is where we miss pouncey the athlete...he gets to that lb level and we convert there

Honestly im starting to think that miami needs more the athlete qb type the improvisation guy if its gonna have to deal with that level oline play...i mean i know the flood gates open when teams get a lead and can pin their ears but that became meet me at the qb

Progression read pocket qb is the wrong formula for what we showed thursday night

Short week didnt help. We need albert back so we can run with our best unit again

I don't recall Turner taking any snaps at all at LG in training camp. It was all Thomas and Tunsil then when Tunsil won Turner and Thomas battled for RG reps.

This happened twice last week in where the Fins completely blew TE coverage vs PA. Very first play Cinci tested to see if the issue may have been addressed with a WR motioned to wing alignment. Nope. LaFell even fell down and still had time to run the route unmarked for 10 yards.

Coaches must be licking their chops looking at our film. The bite on PA is brutal both weeks. Ironically the TE crossing deeper was also WIDE open.

Great playcall by Cincy here to create a mismatch vs our 4-3 base by recognizing M2M and forcing Alonso to cover the RB in the fieldside flat . . .

CONT: Lack of speed and poor angle by Alonso results in a 12 yard gain.

I think the poor read and reaction was worst part. Rb is at the perimeter before Kiko reads it, turns his hips and runs. If he was reading Rb, he took a long time to shadow him

Contact at all on that lb dansby by the pivot and its on pead to convert...

Unless he beelines for dansby there he should cause theres no help

What i dont like about a zone scheme is unless a guy lines up in your responsibility or post snap works into your respinsibility you can end up with one on one favorables with no help...like turner with atkins for instance

Although the center should be schematically helping as much as possible the atkins side

Thats the worst turner tape i have seen him put up...if he didnt overset he didnt anchor...jarred into the backfield...sucks too cause hes the pull athlete at guard

Back
Top Bottom