Film Room: Week 4 at Bengals | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Film Room: Week 4 at Bengals

I dont have a problm with alonsos range or speed or the athlete...he looks to form to me...he can be late to read and react to his coverage responsibility out of the backfield and maybe should shade an extra step at times but on that play gio bernard who can scoot has a full one to one and a half step start...hes going to turn the corner given that on any 43 mike i know of

He loses his man late down the field at times but hes a difference maker in terms of overall game and like i said they ask him to handle a ton of space...much more than any thumper mike could

You sacrifice a little you gain a little...he stays healthy i would tender him worst case 2nd rounder

I see something that teams are sure to exploit and its when suh is off the field they are doubling jordan phillips and creating holes...they cant do it with suh out there but when hes getting a blow its double phillips and run downhill time either on the edge or in the dt gap cause when he gets blown out the de flows down and gets caught inside and as a result the back has a soft corner

Not sure what miami can do about it either...its not like they have any gobble up double teams dts

Hoops its hard to believe that we have had so many OL issues with so many different players, different coaches for so many years. Prior to JJ Shula took street junk and made pretty good lines and I cannot remember the OL coach at this moment back then but he took catpoop for players and made filet Minogue out of em. How can we so inept for so long at one position?

Bad decision makers making bad decisions from the top down. It's really frustrating, because we've shown that when we're healthy now we actually have credible play, but now the guys can't stay healthy. It's maddening.

That's why I like Anthony Steen and I hope he shows he can be durable. You don't need all stars on the OL, you just need guys who can play competently and show some grit. Steen's certainly done that.

I'll take what I've seen of Alonso over the MLBs we've had the last few years. Hopefully he cleans up a few things in his game.

I cant find anything on this cinci tape that would validate pulling iaq as a starting safety

:idk:

The throw at 1:14 of clip is a good example of a throw where the offensive line deserves the majority of the blame. Bushrod's man is there so quickly that Tannehill barely gets off the hot read. Down at the bottom the screen are two open receivers that could have converted. It is possible that Tannehill could have located the ball better to avoid the tipped pass, but that is a minor part of the failure on this down.

The throw at 1:14 of clip is a good example of a throw where the offensive line deserves the majority of the blame. Bushrod's man is there so quickly that Tannehill barely gets off the hot read. Down at the bottom the screen are two open receivers that could have converted. It is possible that Tannehill could have located the ball better to avoid the tipped pass, but that is a minor part of the failure on this down.

The backside of the pocket is wide open for Tannehill to manipulate as is the backside TE. There's no hot read with a 4 man rush either. That is a classic case of locking on with a lack of awareness by the QB.

the truth is tannehill found traffic in that game...it didn't help that his progressions literally laterally took him there but that's how it went down...outside of the int poor coverage read the play that ticked me off the most in terms of the qb was the failed conversion 4th down at the end of the game timing route one

anyone want to tell me why?

if you don't like a qb who laterally moves to his progressions and his intentions to give himself the best and most direct throwing lane then you don't like progression and pre snap read based qb play period...that's how it's coached even...if your progression laterally takes you there and your intentions do also more than anything else and your guard gets dumped in your lap you are done. saw that on the bushrod sack saw that with billy turner repeatedly

if you don't like him fading away from his intentions on a dump to the back that was tipped at the los ok fair enough but that's a part of who is as a player and by and large it's not an issue...if you don't like where he missed the delayed tight end 3rd and 2 flat route ball where dunlap dropped off cause he couldn't get to the qb I get it but understand that he can't wait any longer to throw that ball the zone defenders are coming and if he does Miami does not convert...sometimes guys make great plays and dunlap did there to get a hand on it

anyways back to the last play of the game from the o...any takers? 4th down timing route

Back
Top Bottom