Final Pieces next year to a championship caliber team..? Draft and Free Agency. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final Pieces next year to a championship caliber team..? Draft and Free Agency.

adolfan131313

adolfan in cali
Reaction score
So the 2020 Draft and free agency are in the books. Just a few more pieces to the puzzle that is a championship team. Vegas has us at 6 wins, 4 other teams with a worse record. Jacksonville, Washington, Cincinnati and Carolina. Say we pick at 5, prime spot for Ja'marr Chase who won the Biletnikoff award this year would be a perfect fit for us. Miami didn't draft a wide receiver to help DeVante Parker and Preston Williams this year in the draft. This makes Chase a must-have playmaker in 2021. Chase (6-1, 200 pounds) reeled off 1,780 yards and 20 TDs on only 84 catches with Burrow during the Tigers' national championship season. He would be a great pairing with Tua Tagovailoa at 5. Then we add Running back depth with our second first round pick from Houston and select Travis Etienne or Chuba Hubbard. Hubbard (6-1, 207 pounds) is a good early-down option. Hubbard chose to return to school after posting 2,094 rushing yards and 21 TDs. Etienne (5-10, 210 pounds) is returning to school to build on his 2,046 scrimmage yards and 23 touchdowns as a open-field home-run hitter.

If we still did'nt get any production or progress from our edge rushers we could take one with the Houston pick in the first round, say Gregory Rousseau from Miami. Rousseau (6-6, 260 pounds) ripped through offensive lines for 15.5 sacks last season. Then we could take say Najee Harris in the second round.

We may need Linebackers next year but we should be able to address that in the second round. Micah Parsons (6-3, 245 pounds) had 109 total tackles including 5 sacks last season for Penn State. Maybe Dylan Moses from Alabama.

Way to early to speculate but what I do know is that we are close real close. With some players we have getting better and some we drafted living up to there hipe we will see a playoff team sooner than later

You might not want to hear this, but the picks we don’t hit on with Oline this year will definitely be Oline until we fill those needs for the long term.
Tua’s health is clearly this team’s priority.

Upgrades at LB,, DE, and WR. I’ve heard the WR class may be as good if not better in 2021. That’s when we revamp the offence for Tua.
QB to develop as a backup if Rosen is gone. Cheaper than paying a vet for cap space to be active in free agency next season.

You might not want to hear this, but the picks we don’t hit on with Oline this year will definitely be Oline until we fill those needs for the long term.

Upgrades at LB,, DE, and WR. I’ve heard the WR class may be as good if not better in 2021. That’s when we revamp the offence for Tua.
QB to develop as a backup if Rosen is gone. Cheaper than paying a vet for cap space to be active in free agency next season.
ya i dont think this rebuild wants to pay Vet salaries at certain positions

This is a completely legit question.

I’ll be very honest emotionally rather than analytically. I believe we will know what this team needs in January, after it makes the playoffs as the 7 seed and causes a **** ton of problems.

Miami needs some high impact players.

Tua is a great start.

Offensively I would like to add either Travis Ettienne or CJ Vardel to the backfield, Leatherwood at tackle and Rashod Bateman and Kadarius Toney at receiver.

How about we just get through preseason healthy and HOPEFULLY 5 lineman who took their spots by their play.

My lord. The current rookies haven't even put on a Phin helmet yet and you people are already talking about next year.

I would like another good lineman or two, and upgrade the safety position. I think we are solid at wr. there will be some speedsters with skill in next years draft. don't understand why everyone thinks our wr corp isn't very good. we have some darn good ones esp if Williams is 100%. would like a backer that is a 3 down guy as well. we went so heavy with the dline this year that I think we would only take one next year if they were a generational talent

This front office is not good at identifying good offensive lineman.
i agree about Jackson, but the kid is 20 years old with potential. guy is a freak. but we took him too high. but hunt is a monster man. we hit a homerun with him imo

Assuming the OL can at least be middle of the pack with the pieces already in place and assuming we didn't just draft a bunch of bust and that most of our acquisition can at least be good/decent. I would say an elite pass rusher, a good all around HB like a Brian Westbrook, a LB who is good vs the run and the pass, and another weapon for Tua in the passing game wether it be another TE or WR.

Did you get your name here from the former Italian super star?

Back
Top Bottom