Final pieces to 2023 puzzle??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final pieces to 2023 puzzle???

I think Berrios is going to make us happy at WR along with Waddle and Hill.
As far as additions, I'll go:
Pick 51 draft: That TE from the Jackrabbits Tucker Kraft
If he's there in round 3, Zach C, RB UCLA (I'm not sure he will be)
(OR: RB UCLA at 51, then Sam LaPorta/Zack Kuntz Round 3, whoever is a better fit
I wonder why Dalton Reisner is still available. (is he asking for ridiculous money? Injuries?) I don't know enough about his situation to speak to that, but I loved him at his draft time.

While I agree that's a need, my only question would be is a 3rd playmaker a bigger impact then a potentially starting guard, tackle and tight end?
In reading the CMD interview it seems he is happy enough with our current OL. Maybe add a less in demand FA, late round draft pick, or even UDFA.
But with all of the talk re TEs, CMM’s scheme use of a blocking TE,
I suspect we draft a TE fairly high.
The curve ball at OL to me is Conner Williams. If he shifts to guard, we need a center. Are centers more available than guards?

Need another playmaker like Hill. Hill and Waddle is not enough.
We already have them on the team we just have to throw it to them. Unless we trade Cedric Wilson, he costs like $8 million per year or something like that. We could also throw more passes out of the backfield to Mostert & Wilson. We could use a new tight end though, one who can block and catch.

Yes, while it would great to have a 3rd wr playmaker, when you look at the league average targets and receptions for number 3 wrs you have to ask yourself, "How much am I willing to pay for that production?" And the teams that do heavly invest in a 3rd wr usually don't have a 1 and 2 option near Hill's and Waddle's caliber. If the oline and te spots were in good shape I would be all for looking at a 3rd wr, especially with this class. I would love to have a trio of Hill, Waddle and Jonathan Mingo.
Most teams most productive 3rd receiver.. and often 2nd most prolific target is their TE. IMO, the Bills Dawson Knox will explode this season. 50-60 catches, 800 yards. I’m guessing like Flo, who was spoiled by a decade of Brady, McD was spoiled by Kittle. I think, unless McD sees that sort of receiver among this bunch (and CG can work some magic) it will be 2024 for a premium TE. Theee are 4 people in the TE room. Grier always signs UFA TEs… like Tanner Conner. I’ll be surprised if they go TE early in the draft.. well Relatively early in the Dolphins case.

In reading the CMD interview it seems he is happy enough with our current OL. Maybe add a less in demand FA, late round draft pick, or even UDFA.
The curve ball at OL to me is Conner Williams. If he shifts to guard, we need a center. Are centers more available than guards?
I think Coach was specifically speaking about what he saw initially with regards to o-line as a secondary concern to getting Tua playmakers, not sure I heard him address where it stands presently. I was doing several other things while listening to the interview, maybe I missed it?

I don’t think there’s a better fit in this entire draft at any position. And based on what McDaniel said yesterday, if there’s any chance to get him, I believe they’ll be all in.
I will gleefully take Gibbs or Washington. Both are weaponry and with Washington you also get a fierce blocker in addition to his depthness at receiving.

If Gibbs is on the board in the 2nd and we don't draft him I'm gonna have a stroke.
Lol. I was not on board with going RB in the second until I heard McDaniel’s interview the other day explaining how crucial it is to put YAC playmakers around Tua, even more critical than OL. That being the case, we can’t willingly go into the season with Mostert and Wilson as the only backfield options. Even assuming both stay healthy all season (which they absolutely will not), neither is much of a factor in the passing game, and both are getting up there in age.

So Gibbs is my new second round target. I also really like Washington at TE and Campbell at LB, but I see RB as the biggest need of those three positions. A rookie TE is only going to play 20-30% of snaps anyway. If things go right with Gibbs, he could end up playing 60-70% of our offensive snaps this season.

If you could only make 3 more additions (draft/free agency combined) for the 2023 Dolphins roster what would they look like. Now those 3 pieces might not fill all the current needs, but what 3 moves do you think would have the biggest impact on moving the Dolphins even closer towards serious AFC contenders.

For example:

1 - Sign Terrence Steele from Cowboys to play rt, losing 2nd round pick due to the tender.
2 - sign free agent guard Matt Feiler
3 - select te Tyler Kroft in 3rd round of the draft.

That still leaves some depth issues at dt and de, also could use a young talented rb behind WIlson and Mostert, but again the team isn't in position to fill all needs this offseason. Now if they could find away to add a draft pick and select rb Abanikanda and sign fa Poona Ford as dt depth too, that would be a dream.
Another QB who can start 8+/- games is the only thing that will make me feel confident in the season.

OL tend to be valued based on their versatility. Obviously, an elite OT with the tools to play OT in the NFL has the highest value. Then it would be guys who can play OT or OG. Generally they end up at OG in the NFL, but can fill in at OT if injuries require (like Hunt). Then it would be IOL who can play OG or C. The lowest valued OL are generally the guys with 1 position fit. That is why many pure centers are not drafted until day 2 or 3.

Back
Top Bottom