Finally here! Draft never goes as planned | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finally here! Draft never goes as planned

It is 1 am start time in Scotland, so no drink as work at 7am. Was better when draft was held on Saturday - it is hell not being able to numb the pain of Miami drafting with alcohol.
I wish Miami wouldn't draft with alcohol, seems like no matter what time the draft is held that doesn't lend itself to the best selections. It does explain Charles Harris though.

I think Pitts and Chase go 4-5, so Waddle at 6, T Jenkins with 2nd first rounder.
My meal is boring because I don't drink and I can't have dairy or wheat. Just going to grill and make almond milk milkshakes.
I think this is how its going down.

Falcons are going to Falcon…they will take Pitts and Matt Ryan will continue to get put on his back for another year lol

Come on down Waddle!

(I know this board wants Wilson gone, but a full strength Wilson, Waddle, Fuller, and DVP…I like that.)

He has to. Buffalo is really good and Miami's goal is to overtake them quickly.
Buffalo will remain better than us as long as they have Josh Allen and that coaching staff. Just like when they had Levy and Kelly. 😞

I'm pretty open this draft. There is very, very, very little within reason at 6 that the Dolphins can do this time around to anger me. Even the names few are mentioning at 6 like Parsons I could easily justify.

This leads me to answer "Dolphins pick Slater at 6" as my ultimate letdown. It's a name I could see them falling in love with that would absolutely NOT be a value at 6 (not to mention the loss of a future 1st rounder to move up and get).

I think Pitts and Chase go 4-5, so Waddle at 6, T Jenkins with 2nd first rounder.
My meal is boring because I don't drink and I can't have dairy or wheat. Just going to grill and make almond milk milkshakes.
Not if that LT is on the board

I think this is how its going down.

Falcons are going to Falcon…they will take Pitts and Matt Ryan will continue to get put on his back for another year lol

Come on down Waddle!

(I know this board wants Wilson gone, but a full strength Wilson, Waddle, Fuller, and DVP…I like that.)
I actually like Wilson. I would much rather have a healthy Wilson than Grant or even Bowden in the WR unit. You put Waddle- Fuller- Parker- Wilson and Gesicki on the field in passing situations and that line up will drive defenses nuts. Especially if they also have one of the top 3 RB’s in this years draft in the backfield.
Hopefully they keep Wilson while Bowden and Williams become the 5th and 6th WR’s on the roster. The only problem they may have with these being the top 6 is it will cost them a $3.3 million dead cap hit if they release Hurns. Hopefully they will be able to trade him or he comes in and beats out Willams or Bowden for a roster spot.

Buffalo will remain better than us as long as they have Josh Allen and that coaching staff. Just like when they had Levy and Kelly. 😞
I think Tua will be better than Allen in a couple of years but I do agree that right now Buffalo has a better coaching staff. Yet coaches come and go and Flores will continue to grow as a head coach over the next few years just like the Bills coach has grown in the job during his time with the Bills.

Started smoking a couple racks at 8am. Case of beer and a couple bottles for those who don't want the suds. I'm so looking forward to this night.

That’s because last year it was fairly certain the Dolphins were going to draft a QB at 5. It was just a question if that QB would be Tua or Herbert. Otherwise the Dolphins have drafted players few predicted prior to the draft. No one predicted they would draft Tunsil because he was predicted to be a top 5 pick until the video came out on draft day.

‘’’A few people had mentioned Fitzpatrick as a possibility but again, most people thought he would off the board by the time the Dolphins were picking in the first round. Prior to that draft many people were predicting the Dolphins would draft Tremaine Edmunds, Derwin James or a QB.

Charles Harris was a name that came up a few times before the Dolphins drafted him in the first round but he certainly wasn’t the player most fans expected to be the pick.

Wilkins again was a name mentioned before the draft as a possible Dolphins selection but there were several other players who were also mentioned as players the Dolphins might take with that pick.

So when I look back at drafts since Grier became the GM in 2016. The only draft during that time that didn’t turn out different in regards to their first pick based on pre draft predictions was last year, when it was obvious they were going to select a QB.

I'm talking about the entire draft. Not just Miami

Back
Top Bottom