Finding a team to follow | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finding a team to follow

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
You need to be concerned about the other "U" of Georgia....Dem Dawgs coming bro.
the Gators will be better than Bulldogs

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
You need to be concerned about the other "U" of Georgia....Dem Dawgs coming bro.

:lol: You following me with that stuff today. Listen "Dawg", I will never be concerned about the Bulldogs. We straight up own you.

lol no one talks about Oklahoma....we have more tradition than any team mentioned, only ND has more NCs....but we all know why :shakeno:

jk Don :tongue:

AirFishOne said:
lol no one talks about Oklahoma....we have more tradition than any team mentioned, only ND has more NCs....but we all know why :shakeno:

More tradition than ND, pffft

AirFishOne said:

How exactly do you measure tradition?

Motion said:
How exactly do you measure tradition?

A Winning Tradition consists of a few things:

1. Long Tradition: We are the winningist (sp) program in the modern (Post WW-II Era)

2. Multiple NCs: We have 7 and are in 3rd all time tied w/ USC, behind only Alabama (they only have 8 but say they claim 8471798) and Notre Dame

3. Heisman Trophy Winners: (4) Billy Vessels, Steve Owens, Billy Sims, and Jason White

4. All Americans: I dont know the exact number but you can be sure we rank in the top 10

5. Award Winners: (a few) Only school to have a multiple Butkus Award winner, Brian Bosworth (2) countless RB awards and Defensive awards

6. Winnin % Against top Teams: This is something we do not favor in....
Texas - 39-52
Alabama - 2-1-1
USC - 2-6-1
Miami - 2-3
Notre Dame - 1-8
Ohio St - 1-1
Michigan - 1-0
Penn St. - 1-0
FSU - 4-1
LSU - 1-1

well thats it, but for exact numbers go to www.soonerstats.com I got the winning % against teams from there.

AirFishOne said:
A Winning Tradition consists of a few things:

1. Long Tradition: We are the winningist (sp) program in the modern (Post WW-II Era)

2. Multiple NCs: We have 7 and are in 3rd all time tied w/ USC, behind only Alabama (they only have 8 but say they claim 8471798) and Notre Dame

3. Heisman Trophy Winners: (4) Billy Vessels, Steve Owens, Billy Sims, and Jason White

4. All Americans: I dont know the exact number but you can be sure we rank in the top 10

5. Award Winners: (a few) Only school to have a multiple Butkus Award winner, Brian Bosworth (2) countless RB awards and Defensive awards

6. Winnin % Against top Teams: This is something we do not favor in....
Texas - 39-52
Alabama - 2-1-1
USC - 2-6-1
Miami - 2-3
Notre Dame - 1-8
Ohio St - 1-1
Michigan - 1-0
Penn St. - 1-0
FSU - 4-1
LSU - 1-1

well thats it, but for exact numbers go to www.soonerstats.com I got the winning % against teams from there.

Yeah, Bama fans do measure at 8471798, but that's just because we're counting ahead. :D

ALL JOKING ASIDE, I think tradition should be marked by consistency as well. That's why teams like Michigan are very high in my books, despite the fact that they lack in total NC. Texas the same way. On the opposite hand, I wouldn't give any recognition to Minnesota, despite having 6 titles.

Check this link out: http://www.al.com/ncaafootball/mobileregister/
Click on the charts, to the right of the sports story headlines.
I don't agree with all of it, but its a heck of an analysis.

nick1 said:
why wouldn't it be? Miami puts out the best NFL talent, they win national titles and they have a great winning tradition

Do they really? :wink:

Kev83 said:
Yeah, Bama fans do measure at 8471798, but that's just because we're counting ahead. :D

ALL JOKING ASIDE, I think tradition should be marked by consistency as well. That's why teams like Michigan are very high in my books, despite the fact that they lack in total NC. Texas the same way. On the opposite hand, I wouldn't give any recognition to Minnesota, despite having 6 titles.

Check this link out: http://www.al.com/ncaafootball/mobileregister/
Click on the charts, to the right of the sports story headlines.
I don't agree with all of it, but its a heck of an analysis.

That is very true, I mean to put consistancy so you could include Michigan and Texas, but I would think that falls under winning %

Minnesota has 6? I thought they had only 2-3 reconized titles?

If you're looking for a team to follow, you should pick ND. They'll probably be good for awhile.

It depends on what type of person you are. If you want to pick a team that's badass, doesn't have too many fans, and does nothing but win national championships while everyone hates on them, then pick the U. But you wouldn't be able to follow them as easily as ND. You don't wanna miss those games vs. Army, Navy, and the AFA.

kpcane said:
If you're looking for a team to follow, you should pick ND. They'll probably be good for awhile.

It depends on what type of person you are. If you want to pick a team that's badass, doesn't have too many fans, and does nothing but win national championships while everyone hates on them, then pick the U. But you wouldn't be able to follow them as easily as ND. You don't wanna miss those games vs. Army, Navy, and the AFA.

As far as being badass, that time has come and gone. They don't have that intimidating swagger they once did IMO.

You don't think they have many fans?

I dont think Ive ever seen the Orange Bowl sold out.....

Miami's swagger has gone down as of late

kpcane said:

And if he picks Miami he can watch you battle power houses like Florida A&M, Houston and Florida Int :wink:

I think you'll find a lot of ND haters out there. They're a polarizing team, you love them or hate them. Makes it fun sometimes to be an ND fan.

Surprised no one has brought up Penn State, I've grown up loving them, especially JoePa, and having them win the orange bowl this year over the noles', instant classic.
Each school has their own tradition and fans, so it's up to you to decide. I think you should follow a team because a) you like them, b) you like their history and c) you like their style of play. Probably one reason we all chose the Phins to follow in the pros.

Motion said:
:lol: You following me with that stuff today. Listen "Dawg", I will never be concerned about the Bulldogs. We straight up own you.

LOL...Injuries keep us from owning you guys last year.... Matthew Stafford

Please remember that name. In drafts to come the Dolphin fans (especially me) will be screaming for Nick to draft him.

Back
Top Bottom