Finheaven and free speech | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven and free speech

Maybe you could have a hot topics tab (much like the sticky threads) where current affairs are pinned in one thread.

Was thinking we should try to keep all discussion on a particular certain topic in one 'super' thread. So for example have a thread for Alex Smith, and keep all discussion on his situation in it. Same for Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore etc.

Not only will it help control forum traffic, it should lead to a more intellect and flowing discussion, rather than have say 20 different threads pop up about people's opinions on Alex Smith. Sort of like the suck4luck superthread, where instead of multiple threads with broken discussion we'd have one 20-30 page thread of discussion which leads on from what others have already said.

Thread starting privileges is another idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anyone should be allowed to post more than 2 negative comments an hour about this proud football franchise.

So if I don't b*tch and moan about sh*t that is out of my control all day everyday I'm a homer?

This is THE quality site for free discussion of the Dolphins.

Pay for VIP, or deal with the regular forum, or go elsewhere and stop hogging bandwidth.

Beware....Other people are going to disagree with you, regardless of the forum.

Didn't care about being called a "hater" or a "homer" when I started here...

Still don't :)

I want a quality football discussion bro. Every thread turns into a "homer" or "hater" thread with a ton of whining. I'm just going to talk more in the VIP forum I suppose.

I want a quality football discussion bro. Every thread turns into a "homer" or "hater" thread with a ton of whining. I'm just going to talk more in the VIP forum I suppose.

That would be my reccommendation.

Matt can't run this site for free, no matter how many people send their best regards, and no money.

Plus, there's this keen little "Ignore" feature, where you can just ignore posters that you don't like.
Plus, one can be mature, and secure in one's own opinion, and not get bent out of shape about
words on the internet.

There's a lot of people on this board that like to tell others what to discuss. Mostly its veterans. Maybe there should be less of those posts too. Its not fun to read 10 threads and within them there is 50 replies telling them their idea for a conversation isn't valid because of some reason or another.

Newsflash, it is no more annoying to see someone whining than it is to see someone complaining about whining.

That would be my reccommendation.

Matt can't run this site for free, no matter how many people send their best regards, and no money.

Plus, there's this keen little "Ignore" feature, where you can just ignore posters that you don't like.
Plus, one can be mature, and secure in one's own opinion, and not get bent out of shape about
words on the internet.

I understand. I don't mind being called a homer. I just want to talk about my team, not about who's a better fan. It's all good. I still enjoy this site. I'm come on here too often.

Yeah bro if someone doesn't disagree with you they are a whining doom and gloom hater. Maybe you should respect other peoples opinions and they might respect yours instead of calling you a homer.

Back
Top Bottom