Finheaven and free speech | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven and free speech

If the only thing you can contribute to a thread is calling someone a homer then don't bother posting.
If the only thing you can contribute to a thread is calling someone a whiner then don't bother posting.
If the only thing you can contribute to a thread is telling someone they shouldn't post what they feel like discussing then don't bother posting.

Yeah bro if someone doesn't disagree with you they are a whining doom and gloom hater. Maybe you should respect other peoples opinions and they might respect yours instead of calling you a homer.

I never said that, but sure why not?

sounds like u want to set up some sort of dictatorship to not allow ppl to post there opinions. Just say no to this idea please.

I never said that, but sure why not?

I paraphrased. That's what "gee i didn't know the season started" means. I means i'm going to whine about a thread bashing management. It means your opinion isn't valid to post.

There is already too much random censorship on this site. Too many mods with too much power. There needs to be mod guidlines that we all know so that the punishment can be meted out evenly.

I paraphrased. That's what "gee i didn't know the season started" means. I means i'm going to whine about a thread bashing management. It means your opinion isn't valid to post.

That's not the problem. People can whine as much as they want. The problem is that there's too many threads being made at once that say the same thing. I think they should start merging these threads into one big one, but that's just me.

Mods, veterans of FH, newbies.....

We need to hold a town hall meeting of sorts to get this board under control. It's great that we recently set a record for the amount of members on this site but it's also a catch-22 in that there's more pollution on this site than ever before. It's 100% fine for someone to have an opinion but when you see thread after thread of the same topic or mindset, there has to be a way to organize it better.

Can we have a thread of suggestions to make the site flow better? Some thoughts, ideas, anything? Maybe create a few more sections on this site akin to 'Depths of the Sea' but have it be Dolphins related/negative thoughts about the team.

It shouldn't have to come down to just paying for a VIP membership and posting solely in that section. I think we should have enough common sense on the board to better control the flow of discussion we have here. I've been on this site for years now and it's my favorite site to come to. I just feel pretty bad at seeing the site be a collection of **** now.

So you only want to talk with people who agree with you then? Whats the point of that. You'll have 20 topics with 2 posts each and 75 thanks.

That's not the problem. People can whine as much as they want. The problem is that there's too many threads being made at once that say the same thing. I think they should start merging these threads into one big one, but that's just me.

I suggest with topics you or anyone else thinks are redundant, or a waste, or whatever that you just ignore them. You will feel smarter for not seeing them, and they will drop off the first page into oblivion faster you know?

There is already too much random censorship on this site. Too many mods with too much power. There needs to be mod guidlines that we all know so that the punishment can be meted out evenly.

They have that.

All posts are reported/modded and forwarded to a forum where all mods can observe/comment. Sometimes decisions are upheld, sometimes not. Sometimes a heavier penalty is imposed. I can assure you that it is all done in a way that ensures participation from everyone, and nothing is done
arbitratially. It may seem to you that it's not, but I can tell you from first hand experience, that it is.

Just because you don't agree with something, doesn't make it wrong, or a mistake.

ETA; If you don't like the "censorship" leave. A private BBS has no constitutional obligation to provide you with a forum to say anything. Might want to read up on the issue.

I know I've been here for like 3 weeks now, but I moved to this forum because I was getting fed up of the overreactions on the other Dolphin's site I used to frequent.

In my opinion, the problem isn't with arguing or having different opinions, it's about being antagonistic and emotionally hysterical. For instance, I might support Jeff Ireland and someone else may not. Much of the time, the conversation will be "Jeff Ireland is garbage who everyone hates, show me what good he's done!!!!", then the other person will respond with "You're whining and need to just shut up, give Ireland a chance or go somewhere else!!"

Instead, I could support Ireland by pointing to the fact that he has indeed found some solid players - Cam Wake, Vontae Davis, and Randy Starks. The other person could counter by saying that there is evidence on twitter and from player comments (like from Channing Crowder or Ryan Clark) that Jeff Ireland can be perceived as sleazy and his personality doesn't fit the demands of the General Manager job. It doesn't have to lead to a knife fight.

To use Omar Kelly's term...people are 'internet gangsters' and I don't think you can moderate it more or relegate them all to positive and negative threads because it's representative of problem of internet decorum in general, Finheaven is just a small cross section of that. People don't talk civilly to each other because there's no repercussions for it. As much as it bothers me and I would want to have it fixed, I'm not sure the solution is easily attainable. Just my thoughts, for whatever they're worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have that.

All posts are reported/modded and forwarded to a forum where all mods can observe/comment. Sometimes decisions are upheld, sometimes not. Sometimes a heavier penalty is imposed. I can assure you that it is all done in a way that ensures participation from everyone, and nothing is done
arbitratially. It may seem to you that it's not, but I can tell you from first hand experience, that it is.

Just because you don't agree with something, doesn't make it wrong, or a mistake.

ETA; If you don't like the "censorship" leave. A private BBS has no constitutional obligation to provide you with a forum to say anything. Might want to read up on the issue.

lol, how nice of you to tell a forum member who probably donated to keep the site up to just leave cause he had a disagreement with things on the site.

I know I've been here for like 3 weeks now, but I moved to this forum because I was getting fed up of the overreactions on the other Dolphin's site I used to frequent.

In my opinion, the problem isn't with arguing or having different opinions, it's about being antagonistic and emotionally hysterical. For instance, I might support Jeff Ireland and someone else may not. Much of the time, the conversation will be "Jeff Ireland is garbage who everyone hates, show me what good he's done!!!!", then the other person will respond with "You're whining and need to just shut up, give Ireland a chance or go somewhere else!!"

Instead, I could support Ireland by pointing to the fact that he has indeed found some solid players - Cam Wake, Vontae Davis, and Randy Starks. The other person could counter by saying that there is evidence on twitter and from player comments (like from Channing Crowder or Ryan Clark) that Jeff Ireland can be perceived as sleazy and his personality doesn't fit the demands of the General Manager job.

To use Omar Kelly's term...people are 'internet gangsters' and I don't think you can moderate it more or relegate them all to positive and negative threads because it's a problem of internet decorum in general, Finheaven is just a victim of a larger problem. As much as it bothers me and I would want to have it fixed, I'm not sure the solution is easily attainable. Just my thoughts, for whatever they're worth.

That's a great point. There's not much anyone can do. Until the Fins start winning, people are going to be negative.

thats why you have VIP.VIP is set up for more responsible posters and the like,but i dont think there is enough posters there yet to have most of the interesting conversation go on there.

I don't think it's that simple. Paying $18 a year to keep the site up in all likelihood wouldn't make a huge difference. As I stated previously, I don't think it should come down to needing to stay in one section vs. another in regards to staying sane.

Back
Top Bottom