Finheaven and free speech | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven and free speech

Totally understand that point. I don't think the "free" forum should be a zoo where there's no regulation or order. Do you?

You know as well as I do that there is regulation, and moderation in the free forum. The mods are unpaid, and spend lots more time trying to clean up
threads, merge them and play referee to big children who are reasonable people in the real world, then, totally become without self control when they
hit a messageboard paid for by someone else.

I think it's really irresponsible of you to promote the idea that the free forum is unmoderated and uncared for. I promise you it is. I put in lots of my free hours that I could've spent enjoying the forum into moderating it, so I've seen the work the staff puts in first hand.

nobody said one needed to stay in one section,but if you are tired of seeing the same threads in the main forum,it might be applicable to post more threads that you want to see in VIP so that you aren't seeing the same run of the mill threads over and over.

if you pay 18 bux a year, in all probability you are serious about posting on fh, and are likely to contribute something quality to the site.

There isn't enough posting in the VIP section I don't think. I didn't really even pay my donation on this site to post in the VIP section, I just wanted to help the site as best I could. I actually enjoy the main forum more than any of the other sections here b/c of the different characters you come across.

There is a limit to how much one can/should take.

You know as well as I do that there is regulation, and moderation in the free forum. The mods are unpaid, and spend lots more time trying to clean up
threads, merge them and play referee to big children who are reasonable people in the real world, then, totally become without self control when they
hit a messageboard paid for by someone else.

I think it's really irresponsible of you to promote the idea that the free forum is unmoderated and uncared for. I promise you it is. I put in lots of my free hours that I could've spent enjoying the forum into moderating it, so I've seen the work the staff puts in first hand.

I'm sorry that you see my posting of this topic as irresponsible but have you seen the main forum just today alone? I'm sitting here trying to get people to have a conversation about improving the site and this is wrong on my part?

Maybe we need more mods to help keep the site less cluttered.

Totally understand that point. I don't think the "free" forum should be a zoo where there's no regulation or order. Do you?
One day I might tell you some backstory to the whole.. "zoo" thing. as to the freedom of speech, we have set guildlines for what stays, what goes and what gets merged etc. while some people might think that thier unique idea as to why ireland sucks deserves it's own thread chances are i'm going to merge it with the dozens of other threads on the same thought. To the other posters who want to voice an opinion about being treated or targeted unfairly, it is not and never has been Finheaven's policy to inform any poster about actions concerning anyone other than the poster involved. Its not your (not referring to anyone in specific) business who was infracted and for what etc. So many times we get the complaint, well in you infract me you better get so and so also! well who's to say we didn't? It's just not your business if we did.

Finally if you're one of those guys who had a thread or post moved, you're more than welcome to ask why, if it got merged, look no further than a similar thread already posted, or in the spam section or in the depths of the sea section. threads moved to those sections, i'm pretty sure you can figure out why they were moved there.

PhinzN703;1064250200[B said:
]There isn't enough posting in the VIP section I don't think[/B]. I didn't really even pay my donation on this site to post in the VIP section, I just wanted to help the site as best I could. I actually enjoy the main forum more than any of the other sections here b/c of the different characters you come across.

There is a limit to how much one can/should take.

well thats what im saying.why not post more topics that you like there and im not just saying you.trust me if there were more topics there,people would post.and if you like the main forum then why complain?

i think theres plenty enough moderation on the site and more is not needed.

are u effing kidding me ?? i have gotten several infractions and im on my last infraction before a ban for having simple arguments with people. If anything this site has too much "order"
Just you vs. the man and you got pulled over for no reason then?

I'm sorry that you see my posting of this topic as irresponsible but have you seen the main forum just today alone? I'm sitting here trying to get people to have a conversation about improving the site and this is wrong on my part?

Maybe we need more mods to help keep the site less cluttered.

Maybe you should put the thread in the right forum......

sounds like u want to set up some sort of dictatorship to not allow ppl to post there opinions. Just say no to this idea please.

Say no to what idea? I never uttered a word about not allowing people to do anything. Goon and Dre agree with you on this too? Interesting

Maybe you should put the thread in the right forum......

It is in the right forum. Not enough people will go to the sticky threads or in the "suggestions" area. It's in the main forum b/c that's where the majority of the traffic heads each day.

I don't see what's wrong with having a discussion about improving the forum either. There's just too many threads that spam the forum. Like the ones with just swearing or the same ideas over and over again. That's completely different from having your own opinion. Just in the last hour, I've seen four threads about a player on Twitter talking about Ireland.

Back
Top Bottom