Finheaven and free speech | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven and free speech

No intent on insulting anyone on my end. Needless? I wouldn't waste my time if I thought so.

It's absolutely needless.

The tools to work towards a solution to the concerns you voiced are very clearly laid out for you, but for some reason you seem
unwilling, or unable to use them. If you think a thread is a dupe, call it to the moderators attention. Maybe they will agree, maybe they
won't...Then, you can get over it, or not.

All the ideas like "we should have members have X number of posts to make a topic" have been discussed, ad nauseum at staff meetings.

I'm not saying your feedback is unwelcome. Quite the contrary. There is a forum dedicated to it, and you have a direct line to any mod, or
even the owner of the site.

Not an age limit. Simply a post limit. I think one's already in place for posting links or photos right?

As far as the mature comment, the chance of having a thread of "Dolphins are going 2-14" being started by someone who has been here a while would be lower than someone who joined a few days or weeks ago.

not to my knowledge.

hey man,we have have those threads started by people that have been here for years.i dont see how that would make an impact.

It's absolutely needless.

The tools to work towards a solution to the concerns you voiced are very clearly laid out for you, but for some reason you seem
unwilling, or unable to use them. If you think a thread is a dupe, call it to the moderators attention. Maybe they will agree, maybe they
won't...Then, you can get over it, or not.

All the ideas like "we should have members have X number of posts to make a topic" have been discussed, ad nauseum at staff meetings.

I'm not saying your feedback is unwelcome. Quite the contrary. There is a forum dedicated to it, and you have a direct line to any mod, or
even the owner of the site.

How am I supposed to know what was talked about at staff meetings?

Unless the thread if offensive or racist why not just let it die out. If you dont like the thread dont comment and it will drop off. A lot of people cant resist calling out a dumb or "stupid" thread which just exacerbates the situation. Let it die and it goes away.

not to my knowledge.

hey man,we have have those threads started by people that have been here for years.i dont see how that would make an impact.

I could've sworn I've seen people make comments about not being able to post certain things b/c of their being new to the site.

how does that change anything?people will post what they want to post.

The thing here is not about people being able to post their opinions. FH is a forum and each member is entitled to say whatever they want.

The problem seems to be we get multiple threads on the same thing, same things getting posted within an hour of each other etc.

That's why I suggested one super thread for all things Alex Smith, all things Peyton Manning etc.

Imagine this scenario - Manning chooses Denver, Smith stays with niners. Suddenly Tebow is available and Miami (particularly Ross wanting to fill SLS) goes after him. FH would erupt, imagine the carnage. We'd be getting 50 threads an hour about why people want/don't want Tebow. It'd be Tebowmania, people will post the same things over and over again.

Now imagine we had one 'Tebow to Miami?' superthread. All it takes is one pop up message to appear for the first 24-48 hours or something to the like when a user logs in to inform them of the change and that all Tebow based discussion/opinions/developing stories/tweets/videos/analysis goes in the Tebow 'superthread'. Instead of a new poster starting a new thread about their reasons for not wanting Tebow, they could follow the discussion in the superthread and respond to other peoples views and opinions. People can still post what they want, can still agree/disagree with posters but it'll just flow so much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could've sworn I've seen people make comments about not being able to post certain things b/c of their being new to the site.

you would have to ask wildbill on that one.i have no answer for you.now we ALL have a certain criteria we adhere to as far as whats allowed in there.

How am I supposed to know what was talked about at staff meetings?

You're not.

But if you wish to give feedback, there is an established, and responsive network for that.

Suggestions like yours that make a topic that clogs the board could be handled via e mail or the
proper forum, where you could gain some insight, instead of saying a forum is without moderation,
which as is patently false, and again, insulting to all the mods that work at making this site run.

The thing here is not about people being able to post their opinions. FH is a forum and each member is entitled to say whatever they want.

The problem seems to be we get multiple threads on the same thing, same things getting posted within an hour of each other etc.

That's why I suggested one super thread for all things Alex Smith, all things Peyton Manning etc.

Imagine this scenario - Manning chooses Denver, Smith stays with niners. Suddenly Tebow is available and Miami (particularly Ross wanting to fill SLS) goes after him. FH would erupt, imagine the carnage. We'd be getting 50 threads an hour about why people want/don't want Tebow. It'd be Tebowmania, people will post the same things over and over again.

Now imagine we had one 'Tebow to Miami?' superthread. Instead of a new poster starting a new thread about their reasons for not wanting Tebow, they could follow the discussion in the superthread and respond to other peoples views and opinions. People can still post what they want, can still agree/disagree with posters but it'll just flow so much better.

It sounds reasonable to me. If it's a hassle to make the site different than what it already is like then, I'll do my best to contribute to it in any way I can.

Now imagine we had one 'Tebow to Miami?' superthread. All it takes is one pop up message to appear for the first 24-48 hours or something to the like when a user logs in to inform them of the change and that all Tebow based discussion/opinions/developing stories/tweets/videos/analysis goes in the Tebow 'superthread'. Instead of a new poster starting a new thread about their reasons for not wanting Tebow, they could follow the discussion in the superthread and respond to other peoples views and opinions. People can still post what they want, can still agree/disagree with posters but it'll just flow so much better.

i agree and people should be able to post what they want.i had the VIP idea,you have this.i think both should be considered.

You're not.

But if you wish to give feedback, there is an established, and responsive network for that.

Suggestions like yours that make a topic that clogs the board could be handled via e mail or the
proper forum, where you could gain some insight, instead of saying a forum is without moderation,
which as is patently false, and again, insulting to all the mods that work at making this site run.

Never did I say that the site was without moderation. Maybe there aren't enough mods on the site? I don't have the exact number of how many exist.

E-mailing one person about this topic would accomplish less than getting other users to dish about what they think as well.

superthreads while they keep the forums clean they all kill conversation as they are hard to follow. we rarely want to just start merging things into a superthread, but if something gets merged into one its usually subject thread a, and subject thread b match along with source... etc.

If Peyton Manning came here, the whole site would crash because there would be 100 Manning threads. That's my only concern in the future. If something big happens, we're going to have the same thread over and over again.

Back
Top Bottom