Finheaven and free speech | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven and free speech

One day I might tell you some backstory to the whole.. "zoo" thing. as to the freedom of speech, we have set guildlines for what stays, what goes and what gets merged etc. while some people might think that thier unique idea as to why ireland sucks deserves it's own thread chances are i'm going to merge it with the dozens of other threads on the same thought. To the other posters who want to voice an opinion about being treated or targeted unfairly, it is not and never has been Finheaven's policy to inform any poster about actions concerning anyone other than the poster involved. Its not your (not referring to anyone in specific) business who was infracted and for what etc. So many times we get the complaint, well in you infract me you better get so and so also! well who's to say we didn't? It's just not your business if we did.

Finally if you're one of those guys who had a thread or post moved, you're more than welcome to ask why, if it got merged, look no further than a similar thread already posted, or in the spam section or in the depths of the sea section. threads moved to those sections, i'm pretty sure you can figure out why they were moved there.

Is it possible to instill a rule that a poster needs 50, or 100 posts before they can start a thread? Something of that nature

I don't see what's wrong with having a discussion about improving the forum either. There's just too many threads that spam the forum. Like the ones with just swearing or the same ideas over and over again. That's completely different from having your own opinion. Just in the last hour, I've seen four threads about a player on Twitter talking about Ireland.
yeah. ryan clark a thorn in our side yet again.

I don't see what's wrong with having a discussion about improving the forum either. There's just too many threads that spam the forum. Like the ones with just swearing or the same ideas over and over again. That's completely different from having your own opinion. Just in the last hour, I've seen four threads about a player on Twitter talking about Ireland.

Not sure. I'm a little surprised there's already been some flack towards me b/c of this. It's fine though, I enjoy the discussion amongst friends.

Is it possible to instill a rule that a poster needs 50, or 100 posts before they can start a thread? Something of that nature
it's been considered, but the general thought process is that we've got mods for a reason and if a thread is too idiotic we'll move it.

well thats what im saying.why not post more topics that you like there and im not just saying you.trust me if there were more topics there,people would post.and if you like the main forum then why complain?

i think theres plenty enough moderation on the site and more is not needed.

We haven't agreed on much recently. Let's talk about the Spurs before it gets ugly :d-day:

Normally I'd agree GB, but being that there is a ****storm of emotions going on, I'm inclined to let it linger a bit before we move it.

And here we see the moderation process in action. As a mod, I would've put, what, in my opinion is a really, needless and silly thread down where it belongs in the feedback area. Bill, as someone with direct override power over me as a Supermod, stepped in and let this thread continue where it is. Though I may disagree, the process moves ahead.

This is the process, in a nutshell.

one, two, ten or twenty posts on a subject may or may not contain different takes on the same subject. The staff will determine what stays and
what gets merged. There is a "report" button where you can report threads you think are dupes, in the wrong forum or otherwise jive with the TOS.

Again, I find your post needless, and frankly, pretty insulting to the moderators who work hard at making this site run.

I'd hope for society's sake that one would mature the older they get in terms of being on this site

so after 25 or 100 posts,one has matured?ill just politely disagree with that.some of the younger posters need more time.are you suggesting an age limit?

And here we see the moderation process in action. As a mod, I would've put, what, in my opinion is a really, needless and silly thread down where it belongs in the feedback area. Bill, as someone with direct override power over me as a Supermod, stepped in and let this thread continue where it is. Though I may disagree, the process moves ahead.

This is the process, in a nutshell.

one, two, ten or twenty posts on a subject may or may not contain different takes on the same subject. The staff will determine what stays and
what gets merged. There is a "report" button where you can report threads you think are dupes, in the wrong forum or otherwise jive with the TOS.

Again, I find your post needless, and frankly, pretty insulting to the moderators who work hard at making this site run.

No intent on insulting anyone on my end. Needless? I wouldn't waste my time if I thought so.

The post limit won't work because a lot of VIP people or people with a lot of posts still do it. It's a general issue. Until the Dolphins start winning, we're just going to have to deal with it I suppose.

so after 25 or 100 posts,one has matured?ill just politely disagree with that.some of the younger posters need more time.are you suggesting an age limit?

Not an age limit. Simply a post limit. I think one's already in place for posting links or photos right?

As far as the mature comment, the chance of having a thread of "Dolphins are going 2-14" being started by someone who has been here a while would be lower than someone who joined a few days or weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom