Finheaven and free speech | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven and free speech

We need people like that though...If no one posted those threads, how would conversations start and such?

All forums are like this and what's why mods merge em...

I've never seen a forum with this many people on it. The other ones I've gone on don't have repeat threads (all negative it seems) either. We're a unique bunch.

I don't think it's that simple. Paying $18 a year to keep the site up in all likelihood wouldn't make a huge difference. As I stated previously, I don't think it should come down to needing to stay in one section vs. another in regards to staying sane.

If u cant handle it, yes it comes down to that.

lol, how nice of you to tell a forum member who probably donated to keep the site up to just leave cause he had a disagreement with things on the site.

He'll be ok.

I have faith he has a thicker skin that yours.

The bottom line is this; The site belongs to Matt, who has sacrificed a great deal to keep it going. He will run it how he sees fit. You are always welcome to submit suggestions to him, or any of the other staff, or in the section that is........Wait for it..... DEDICATED to suggestions/feedback!

Would you like to pay for people badmouthing the forum that you run and the people that run it? I wouldn't. I'd tell you to go **** yourself....Which
is part of the reason I'm no longer an active mod.

:hump:

This is THE quality site for free discussion of the Dolphins.

Pay for VIP, or deal with the regular forum, or go elsewhere and stop hogging bandwidth.

Beware....Other people are going to disagree with you, regardless of the forum.

Totally understand that point. I don't think the "free" forum should be a zoo where there's no regulation or order. Do you?

Rather than assume, are you labeling this thread I created as whiny?

No I meant that there's 20+ Fire Jeff Ireland threads. I don't mind people being negative, but there's too many of them. It's getting old. I could ignore them, but there's getting to be too many people now creating these threads. It's hard to ignore. Too much of the same thing.

And they are not quality threads either because most of them have swearing in them. They are basically a waste of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's that simple. Paying $18 a year to keep the site up in all likelihood wouldn't make a huge difference. As I stated previously, I don't think it should come down to needing to stay in one section vs. another in regards to staying sane.

nobody said one needed to stay in one section,but if you are tired of seeing the same threads in the main forum,it might be applicable to post more threads that you want to see in VIP so that you aren't seeing the same run of the mill threads over and over.

if you pay 18 bux a year, in all probability you are serious about posting on fh, and are likely to contribute something quality to the site.

That would be my reccommendation.

Matt can't run this site for free, no matter how many people send their best regards, and no money.

Plus, there's this keen little "Ignore" feature, where you can just ignore posters that you don't like.
Plus, one can be mature, and secure in one's own opinion, and not get bent out of shape about
words on the internet.

It would be fun to try to ignore as many people as you can with all these new people signing up everyday :)

No I meant that there's 20+ Fire Jeff Ireland threads. I don't mind people being negative, but there's too many of them. It's getting old. I could ignore them, but there's getting to be too many people now creating these threads. It's hard to ignore. Too much of the same thing.

And they are not quality threads either because of them have swearing in them. They are basically a waste of time.

Gotcha. I agree with you. I think it would be really productive to have designated sections to help separate different topics from another.

Totally understand that point. I don't think the "free" forum should be a zoo where there's no regulation or order. Do you?

are u effing kidding me ?? i have gotten several infractions and im on my last infraction before a ban for having simple arguments with people. If anything this site has too much "order"

Back
Top Bottom