Finheaven and free speech | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven and free speech

superthreads while they keep the forums clean they all kill conversation as they are hard to follow. we rarely want to just start merging things into a superthread, but if something gets merged into one its usually subject thread a, and subject thread b match along with source... etc.

Yeh I get your point. They can be difficult to follow and if someone logs in a few hours after something breaks they may not want to read 400 posts of reaction to something before being able to get their opinion across.

The fact is there is no perfect way to run any forum, all have their pros and cons. As soon as FA cools off I'm sure the insanity will calm down a bit.

Yeh I get your point. They can be difficult to follow and if someone logs in a few hours after something breaks they may not want to read 400 posts of reaction to something before being able to get their opinion across.

The fact is there is no perfect way to run any forum, all have their pros and cons. As soon as FA cools off I'm sure the insanity will calm down a bit.

In all my years here I've never seen this site so negative. This certainly contributes to the threads we're used to seeing.

In all my years here I've never seen this site so negative. This certainly contributes to the threads we're used to seeing.
it's like a scale, the more negative stuff that happens, the more people are going to be negative about the team. and to be honest, i'm a postive guy but until we start winning there isn't a lot of postive things to talk about.

the phins start winning, all that changes,til then it is what it is.myself,i generally try to make positive comments and i wish more people would.there are people from all over the world and all walks of life and i think we should see them all as valid though.

the phins start winning, all that changes,til then it is what it is.myself,i generally try to make positive comments and i wish more people would.there are people from all over the world and all walks of life and i think we should see them all as valid though.

I know the feeling. I'm actually close to being one of the negative nancies myself b/c of the uncertainty of what the Dolphins are doing

I know the feeling. I'm actually close to being one of the negative nancies myself b/c of the uncertainty of what the Dolphins are doing

the crazy thing is the dolphins,of 3 teams i root for, are the ONLY team that has not won a title within the last 4 yrs.how upsetting is that!:crazy:

and im loyal to all of them,i just need the dolphins to want and get one.just one and ill be happy dammit!:chuckle:

the crazy thing is the dolphins,of 3 teams i root for, are the ONLY team that has not won a title within the last 4 yrs.how upsetting is that!:crazy:

and im loyal to all of them,i just need the dolphins to want and get one.just one and ill be happy dammit!:chuckle:

If it wasn't for the Spurs, I wouldn't know what being a fan of a winning team is like!

If it wasn't for the Spurs, I wouldn't know what being a fan of a winning team is like!

i might be a little spoiled,but there isnt ANYthing like seeing your favorite team win a championship and it never get old.and me being a fan of all the teams for over 30 yrs,i can understand why some of the posters post what they post.it really does get upsetting when the dolphins make bad moves.

If you took offense to what he said, it's your problem not his.

lol. After reading this I realized there's too much mod activity for me to read this thread all the way through and still be sane, so if I repeat any suggestions, you'll have to forgive me.

1. Sub-sections of the main forum. I've seen several message boards with sections for specific areas of conversation, like:
-Player movement and transfers
-Threads on news topics with subsequent posting for updates
-Rumors
-Deeper analysis of more advanced topics (salaries, caps, trades, FO, etc.)
-Game threads (sometimes with designated posters who make significant updates rather than random people making stupid and pointless 'omg wtf interception henne blows' or '3rd & 2' posts)

2. Simplify the poster feedback methods. Likes, dislikes, thanks, no thanks, positive rep, negative rep... blah. Pick a system and go with it. Besides, I don't need PM's about how I got neg rep by accident but it turns out that it was retaliation for a neg rep that I gave so I won'tbegettingpositivereptomakeupforitslksljdsf. I don't know what it is, but some of you middle aged white dudes get silly about some green/red bars under your alias. on a website. on the internet. on a computer. :err:

3. Encourage people to just make a post rather than quoting... WHEN THE POST YOUR RESPONDING TO IS RIGHT ABOVE YOURS. It's not a phenomenon that exists solely on FH, but it's annoying to read through a thread full of quotes when it could just be a simple conversation. And there's really no need to quote an entire long, detailed OP when you're just saying something like "I agree." Really, man? Really?

4. Control the signatures. Should be self-explanatory, and it's part of the TOS or guidelines or whatever, but it's not really enforced. At no time should a sig take up my whole screen, and there are quite a few here that go much farther than that (by mods too, howboutthat).

and I don't like the profanity filter, but eh... whattayagonnado?

i might be a little spoiled,but there isnt ANYthing like seeing your favorite team win a championship and it never get old.and me being a fan of all the teams for over 30 yrs,i can understand why some of the posters post what they post.it really does get upsetting when the dolphins make bad moves.

I'd trade two of the Spurs titles for one Dolphins tbh

lol. After reading this I realized there's too much mod activity for me to read this thread all the way through and still be sane, so if I repeat any suggestions, you'll have to forgive me.

1. Sub-sections of the main forum. I've seen several message boards with sections for specific areas of conversation, like:
-Player movement and transfers
-Threads on news topics with subsequent posting for updates
-Rumors
-Deeper analysis of more advanced topics (salaries, caps, trades, FO, etc.)
-Game threads (sometimes with designated posters who make significant updates rather than random people making stupid and pointless 'omg wtf interception henne blows' or '3rd & 2' posts)

2. Simplify the poster feedback methods. Likes, dislikes, thanks, no thanks, positive rep, negative rep... blah. Pick a system and go with it. Besides, I don't need PM's about how I got neg rep by accident but it turns out that it was retaliation for a neg rep that I gave so I won'tbegettingpositivereptomakeupforitslksljdsf. I don't know what it is, but some of you middle aged white dudes get silly about some green/red bars under your alias. on a website. on the internet. on a computer. :err:

3. Encourage people to just make a post rather than quoting... WHEN THE POST YOUR RESPONDING TO IS RIGHT ABOVE YOURS. It's not a phenomenon that exists solely on FH, but it's annoying to read through a thread full of quotes when it could just be a simple conversation. And there's really no need to quote an entire long, detailed OP when you're just saying something like "I agree." Really, man? Really?

4. Control the signatures. Should be self-explanatory, and it's part of the TOS or guidelines or whatever, but it's not really enforced. At no time should a sig take up my whole screen, and there are quite a few here that go much farther than that (by mods too, howboutthat).

and I don't like the profanity filter, but eh... whattayagonnado?

Some sigs with video in them make my comp at home a little slower but I don't think it's a huge deal. I don't like the profanity filter either but it isn't a deal breaker for me.

They could win one in my lifetime and then be bad for the next 50 years...

That's all I want...

They could win one in my lifetime and then be bad for the next 50 years...

That's all I want...

well its been 40 lol.they can win one.they just need to make better personnel moves,of course thats stating the obvious..that really goes for all teams,and really what its all about.but whats sad is some of the dolphins fans make better GM's than the one we have.hopefully that doesnt sound like a knock on ireland but its true.

Some sigs with video in them make my comp at home a little slower but I don't think it's a huge deal. I don't like the profanity filter either but it isn't a deal breaker for me.

My point isn't necessarily based on computer/website performance, but rather the aesthetics. Scrolling through a bunch of shoddily photoshopped pictures or a giant view of the interior of the Marlins' new stadium (hideous btw) makes the forums a little clunky. Worse is the fact that, usually, people who want to decorate their posts so much are regular users, meaning their gaudy sigs are in several threads. It's just a bit of an eyesore and it slows down the reading of threads.

Back
Top Bottom