FinHeaven Fantasy NFL Keeper Draft | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FinHeaven Fantasy NFL Keeper Draft

Well cutting down the time to 12 hours and having the role call are gonna have to go hand in hand. This should help to find people who are more dedicated to doing this and speed up the process. There's probably alot of people who are viewing the thread just waiting for their turn which leads me to believe this should go faster if we could just get rid of a few bad apples who have already given up.

Im still here. Just lurking around, waiting on my pick

Well cutting down the time to 12 hours and having the role call are gonna have to go hand in hand. This should help to find people who are more dedicated to doing this and speed up the process. There's probably alot of people who are viewing the thread just waiting for their turn which leads me to believe this should go faster if we could just get rid of a few bad apples who have already given up.

ok maybe but still. right now its about 5-6 picks every 3-4 days. even changing it to 7-10 picks every 3-4 days would still result in over 100+ days of drafting. i think the multi-GM thing or maybe even having multiple drafts at the same time for different positions, while confusing, it would shorten this whole draft process monumentously.

The multiple GM idea probably won't work, but if we can find out who is still in this thing and setting up say several nights of drafting off and on should work. We shouldn't draft by position because different people have different position needs. For those people that don't draft, we need one final time to get in touch with them and then drop them and give their team to someone else or skip them immediately. Change the time to 12 hours immediately and many of us will make our picks faster than that. JimToss, I haven't heard anything from you on the subject; what do you think?

well, if this doesnt move any faster within the next week or two, im done. doing this for 6 months is preposterous. by that time, the NFL season will be in full swing and then many people would lose interest by then. i know i already am.

Kinda saw this coming when it sunk in how much time it was going to take... it is why I had suggested earlier drafting for position with the ability to take multiple players at a position... it was rejected and rightly so I think... So how about we do the 10 player draft right now??? All of us...

meaning WE ALL give a list of 10 players we want, in what order and then we just let it begin... We assign each player in draft order from each persons list moving on to the next player when there is crossover... if 10 is not enough then let's do a list of 20... That will have to get us through a bunch of rounds right from 'go'... Then when the lists run dry we can load it up again with another 20... This should take it down to a matter of weeks...

now in order to make it interesting... We can assign a 'Draft Holder' meaning we don't post our lists... we PM them... if Jim Toss is not interested in moderating maybe me or Bahama who appears to be keen can handle the duties... This way all the lists are private and no one can pirate anyone else... I think this is the fairest and FASTEST way to handle it...

So we set a day like saturday as the last day to get your list of 10 or 20 to the Draft Holder anyone who fails to do so and their team is forfeited and turned over to someone else... Then we begin the draft and you just check the roster thread to see which of your players you got!!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK??????????

This is what I just posted in the Dolphins forum in a new thread:
We are having problems keeping the draft going fast enough. We need everyone that is signed up to reply to this thread in the next 24 hours. If you do not, we will give your team away to someone else or your turn will be skipped altogether. From now on, we need to cut down your draft time to 12 hours instead of 24. Any objections, feel free to voice them. We are also wanting everyone that can to meet in the chat room on Saturday at 3pm Eastern Time (Dolphin Time). We will try to do a bunch of picks then. If you cannot attend, can you leave a list of 10 players or so that you would like to pick in the order of importance to you and we will try to autopick for you. We have already done that with one person already. Please reply ASAP. If you have the personal email of others that are a part of this league and can personally email them to tell them, please do so. We have had Swantoon miss his pick and Dlockz has until 3:15am to make his pick. Whether he does or not, at that time ADavieDolphin will be on the clock and at this time will have 24 hours until we can get responsed from everyone as to the time change.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/fantasy-keeper-league-draft-update-247253.html#post1062912663

I think at this point, we can still include every team and weed out the others that don't want to participate.

Kinda saw this coming when it sunk in how much time it was going to take... it is why I had suggested earlier drafting for position with the ability to take multiple players at a position... it was rejected and rightly so I think... So how about we do the 10 player draft right now??? All of us...

meaning WE ALL give a list of 10 players we want, in what order and then we just let it begin... We assign each player in draft order from each persons list moving on to the next player when there is crossover... if 10 is not enough then let's do a list of 20... That will have to get us through a bunch of rounds right from 'go'... Then when the lists run dry we can load it up again with another 20... This should take it down to a matter of weeks...

now in order to make it interesting... We can assign a 'Draft Holder' meaning we don't post our lists... we PM them... if Jim Toss is not interested in moderating maybe me or Bahama who appears to be keen can handle the duties... This way all the lists are private and no one can pirate anyone else... I think this is the fairest and FASTEST way to handle it...

So we set a day like saturday as the last day to get your list of 10 or 20 to the Draft Holder anyone who fails to do so and their team is forfeited and turned over to someone else... Then we begin the draft and you just check the roster thread to see which of your players you got!!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK??????????

I LOVE the idea. this could bring this whole draft thing to a matter of days or weeks depending on how fast the lists can be pmed (and yea posting them could result in pirating and stealing players from other GM's). and i wouldnt mind helping in any way, shape or form. i am all for speeding this up and want to help as much as possible. great idea Fish-Head. i wish Jim would get on and run through all these possibilities.

This is what I just posted in the Dolphins forum in a new thread:
We are having problems keeping the draft going fast enough. We need everyone that is signed up to reply to this thread in the next 24 hours. If you do not, we will give your team away to someone else or your turn will be skipped altogether. From now on, we need to cut down your draft time to 12 hours instead of 24. Any objections, feel free to voice them. We are also wanting everyone that can to meet in the chat room on Saturday at 3pm Eastern Time (Dolphin Time). We will try to do a bunch of picks then. If you cannot attend, can you leave a list of 10 players or so that you would like to pick in the order of importance to you and we will try to autopick for you. We have already done that with one person already. Please reply ASAP. If you have the personal email of others that are a part of this league and can personally email them to tell them, please do so. We have had Swantoon miss his pick and Dlockz has until 3:15am to make his pick. Whether he does or not, at that time ADavieDolphin will be on the clock and at this time will have 24 hours until we can get responsed from everyone as to the time change.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/fantasy-keeper-league-draft-update-247253.html#post1062912663

I think at this point, we can still include every team and weed out the others that don't want to participate.

i think we have enough posts in here to assume that there are ALOT of guys who cannot make it saturday... What if we do the 10 player 'autodraft' with EVERYONE, beginning saturday but keep the lists confidential..?

i think we have enough posts in here to assume that there are ALOT of guys who cannot make it saturday... What if we do the 10 player 'autodraft' with EVERYONE, beginning saturday but keep the lists confidential..?

i agree. i love your idea fish. i just wish jim would come on and approve it. i think pretty much me, you, and bahama have taking over but jimtoss needs to be here.

i agree. i love your idea fish. i just wish jim would come on and approve it. i think pretty much me, you, and bahama have taking over but jimtoss needs to be here.

Yep we need a ruling on it in order to begin to implement it if given the :up:

Actually I am in favor of making the lists 20 players instead of 10... Maybe extend the deadline until monday to give people more time... I think the most amount of crossover will come in the early rounds and guys who are picking 25-32 are going to be far down their lists in round 1! If we do 20 this might get us further... Maybe 2-3 rounds before the first list runs out...

Then we can reload and hit it again... Honestly depending on how fast people PM their lists, we could be through this bad boy before the draft!!!! Then we could let the Madden begin... Would be awesome!!!!!

Yea, I'd be down to make like 20 player lists. Just to warn you all, I am the king of fantasy autodraft.

well, if jimtoss is not willing to continue with this, me, fish-head and bahama were gonna be list moderators, meaning people pmed us the lists. more of this will be explained later. but yea. and ricky, do you want to simulate the madden games if not, i wouldnt mind taking that over. get back to me ASAP so we have a plan when this draft is over.

Allright, let's go people that are left; don't get discouraged! This is going to happen! ADavieDolphin, don't let us down, be ready to draft at 3:15 and everyone else, get ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom