FinHeaven Fantasy NFL Keeper Draft | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FinHeaven Fantasy NFL Keeper Draft

so what about setting up a date where all 32 teams and GM's can meet in the site chatroom and speed the process up a bit.

probably be almost imposible to get everyone together at once.....

best bet IMO would be to trim the pick time to 6-8 hours after the first round, that way, everyone knows the thing is in progress so you won't have scenarios like you had with me....not thinking to check cause I didn't know we were started.

after round 4, maybe we can move to 2 picks at a time like had been suggested earlier, that could help speed things up too.

What about anyone else? Do you look for best player available or do you look for a specific position?

I think it would be a great idea to jump the clock to at least 12 hours. Would someone check with JimToss and take it upon themselves to message the other owners?

EDIT:
(I seriously mis-calculated. i originally said 200 days then 400-600. now i am changing it to 200-300 because bahama chose mcnabb on the 11th not the 10th, as i previously said. Thanks.)

As of now, we have gone through roughly 5 picks since april 11th when bahama chose a fast pick of mcnabb. Seeing as there are 22 rounds of 32 picks, that adds up to 704 picks. so 5 picks every 2-3 days, would result in about 200-300 days (depending on 5 picks every 3 days or 5 picks every 4 days) until the final pick has been chosen. something has to be done. im sure that some people might not wanna be doing this when the season starts so adding on maybe a week to a month to simulate the games, this could carry on to 2010. thats ridiculous. when all need to collaborate and find a way to speed this up.. ALOT!

Just so you all know, I've already turned 60 yrs old and I still haven't had my first pick yet.

:foundout:

Well, we can meet on Saturday, but what about cutting the time? That will help.

i think if the meeting is successful, we could cut down the amount of time of the draft in half possibly. so that would be probably the best way. so maybe, this saturday and not the next saturday but the saturday after that.

just arrived... I'm good on saturday... I'm in Argentina but 3-4 EST is cool by me...

Dagnabbit now I'm gonna have to do some quick homework.. :lol:

Which QB would you have taken if you were him? Hasselbeck? Warner? Bulger?

ahaha... I didn't think I was gonna have to answer... :lol:

The interesting thing was I thought it was amazing that so many GM's left their QB's unprotected... Then after I poured over the teams I think I would have done the same thing over 90 percent of the time!

So to answer your question and my original... Donovan was the cream of the crop and I would have thought hard about the ones you mentioned with Warner probably the best of the three and maybe even throw in Jeff Garcia for consideration... BUT... If I was to be smart and see this as an opportunity to get better AND younger I think that Brady Quinn and even Vince Young or Jason Campbell would have to be considered... ( I still think Vince has the chops) and then after all that consideration... I probably would have gone with... Warner.

In the end it is as i suspected... Most of these guys are gonna be around for a while and maybe even when Burger gets a chance again... I think he made a smart play.

Back
Top Bottom