FinHeaven Fantasy NFL Keeper Draft | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FinHeaven Fantasy NFL Keeper Draft

glad im a later pick i'm not on the clock for about a month lol

I won't be able to be on here during the day on Saturday, because of a wedding, but as soon as I get home that night I will make my pick. Don't think that I have stopped though if it is my turn, because I am very much into this...

Whats going on Saturday? I prob. wont be able to do anything on Sat. Please let me know...thanks

We're trying to get everyone together on Saturday on here at once to speed up the draft progress. The plan in Saturday at 3pm. The draft is still ongoing now as well.

i know i wont be able to do it saturday, grandfathers bday party. like someone else said, dont think i stopped doing it though.

If everyone can't make it at the same time, we should just make saturday a "pick day" on the forum. Although it won't be as fast as a chat room, it could still speed things up and its more fair to those who can't commit to a designated time (I know I can't). On saturday, people who can't make it to the site at the specified time, we should just post a list of 10 or so players that we want in order of desire(kindve like an autodraft) at any time during the day. If every player is taken (In the 1st rd, I'd imagine you could grab at least 1 of your top 10 prospects), that person can just make a pick next time they check FinHeaven. Honestly, I'm writing a 35 page paper on the effect of communism in Romania this week. I'm happy to be involved with this side project, but I just can't grant guarantee which times of the day I'll want to participate.

This is starting to get out of hand, Unless a decent idea is put forth soon You will start to see people drop off in the next week or so, No one uncluding me wants to go thru 22 rounds for the next 6 months.......

IMO the whole meeting in a chat room on Saturday or whenever isn't a realistic option given a variety of different reasons. The most realistic option is cutting the pick time from 24 hours down to 12, that way we can get in atleast two picks per day. If a person misses their pick, they can run up to the podium at any time. Another thing we may want to consider is taking a role call of sorts...whoever doesn't respond forfeits their team and it is given to somebody who will be available more often. Just spit balling here

i love finsguy's idea but now thinking about it, cutting down time makes no difference at all. we have gotten through 6 picks in 3-4 days. cutting pick time down to 12 hours is still only 6 picks in 3 days. im sorry. this was a great idea to start off but when you actually stop and think about how long this will take, its over-whelming and i am seriously thinking about giving up. i dont wanna be doing this for over 200 days. even if we meet saturday that only a maximum of 20-25 GM's would show up and that just wont work.

Possibly we could change it up and create a multi-GM team and have one GM from each multi-team have a QB, RB, TE, and WR draft (6 rounds) and another GM from each team have a O-Line draft (5 rounds) and then another GM from each team have a D-line and Linebackers draft (7 rounds) and then the last GM have a secondary draft (4 - 6 rounds depending if multiple CB's could be drafted to trade places with LB's for a nickel defense if the offense is 3rd and long and running spread). so these different drafts could cut down draft time from one big draft to 4 shorter drafts.

The two biggest problems i see with this 4-GM team is that one, that means we need 128 people to participate instead of 32. While this could be a good thing, as alot of people werent able to participate in this pool of just 32 players, but it could result in not enough people being able to participate. maybe one person could be on multiple teams or something could be worked out if not enough people are able to participate. the second biggest problem could be that having 4 people running one team could end in a bad way. multiple ideas of what each person wants for the team could be a problem. but this is just an idea to speed this whole thing up.

Whatcha think??

Back
Top Bottom