FinLoco's Offseason News Thread - Positive People Only | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FinLoco's Offseason News Thread - Positive People Only

To be honest, there's not much to complain about. This is an excellent roster and, as a fan, you've got to feel optimistic.

In particular, the defense looks pretty set. Yes, it would be nice to add another pass rusher and to extend both Wilkins and Seiler.

On offense, there are a few needs as Fin-Loco stated.

I'm looking forward to the draft and potentially finding some hidden gems.

Buckle up, it's going to be a great season for Miami. But, as always, there will be highs and lows.

Whats your rationale behind the o-line "must be fixed" in order for us to do well? While I agree it would be nice to grab an RT , I wouldn't say that our season hinges on fixing it. Just curious as to your rationale.
Here's his rationale-

cff.png

Whats your rationale behind the o-line "must be fixed" in order for us to do well? While I agree it would be nice to grab an RT , I wouldn't say that our season hinges on fixing it. Just curious as to your rationale.
Trying to explain this without it coming off as being negative is a challenge.

Having one wart on the oline should be okay, the issue is we currently have 3, Armsteads health and Liam and Jackson. Let's put Armsteads health on the back burner bc when he's healthy he's a top talent.

To maximize our running game a new LG would be huge, Laim has been very poor since joining the team at all phases of the game, hes probably our least effective linemen at the moment. But he is still young so maybe this is the wart we could live with and he can take a big step forward next year.

Jackson, not only hasn't shown he can play at this level, now he's also missing lots of games due to injury. This is the spot I feel is most important to fix. He protects Tuas blind side which should be prioritized as one of, if not the most important oline position to have a great talent at, especially considering Tuas health issues.

If we could somehow bring in at least a decent RT, we could make Jackson the swing Tackle which in a pinch is probably where he could be okay. Getting a new RT could get two birds stoned at once with this rationale.

Folks will tell you that both Jackson and Liam could improve, this is true in theory but I personally feel it's far too big of a risk to have that approach at two olinemen spots, especially considering how great the rest of the roster is.

Having one wart on the oline should be okay, the issue is we currently have 3, Armsteads health and Liam and Jackson. Let's put Armsteads health on the back burner bc when he's healthy he's a top talent.

To maximize our running game a new LG would be huge, Laim has been very poor since joining the team at all phases of the game, hes probably our least effective linemen at the moment. But he is still young so maybe this is the wart we could live with and he can take a big step forward next year.

Jackson, not only hasn't shown he can play at this level, now he's also missing lots of games due to injury. This is the spot I feel is most important to fix. He protects Tuas blind side which should be prioritized as one of, if not the most important oline position to have a great talent at, especially considering Tuas health issues.

If we could somehow bring in at least a decent RT, we could make Jackson the swing Tackle which in a pinch is probably where he could be okay. Getting a new RT could get two birds stoned at once with this rationale.

Folks will tell you that both Jackson and Liam could improve, this is true in theory but I personally feel it's far too big of a risk to have that approach at two olinemen spots, especially considering how great the rest of the roster is.
Nothing much to argue with here, good effort.

So, I'll be honest- I was more discouraged after the end of last season than I was in 20 years. After some examination of why, it was the first time in 20 years I felt this team had potential (I even, at 8-3, thought we could push for the Super Bowl). But that losing streak just sapped me. I forgot how it felt to have hope, then have it dashed.
Which, I now see, is a good thing. With no hope, who cares how the season ends? With hope, the higher the likelihood of disappointment. And in sports, disappointment is a constant companion if your team is competitive.
After seeing what this team has done in this off-season to improve, my hope is renewed. Fangio and Ramsey are killer additions.
I like the LB from Tennessee a lot as well. Some nice re-signings.
Hoping for a TE from round 2 in the draft.
Hoping Eichenberg meets his draft potential.
I hope hope hope Tua plays in every game.
I was encouraged by their Playoff Game. That was supposed to be a joke.

I wouldn't be surprised if Feeney ends up beating out Eich an Jones and upgrading LG.

I disagree that RT is the most important position to fix. In the games AJ played last season(limited due to injury) and in the preseason, he wasn't the reason Tua got hit. The pressure that affected Tua most often came from Armstead's replacement at LT, one of the RT replacements or from the interior. Hunt, which nobody seems to criticize, was the weak link in pass pro more often (percentage-wise) than AJ. And AJ was a plus in the run game. I saw more issues in the run game with the TE missing his block on the edge. I want to add a swing T, but IMO the AJ hate is way out of proportion to the film. I assume it's b/c he was a high pick, but the reality of what he put on film is on par with many of the replacements people are pining for.

While I believe most returning players are likely to be better in the second year in the same system, what I want to see on the OL is health and a reduction in pre-snap penalties.

To quote the great Rocky Balboa "the world ain't all sunshine and rainbows." Like this thread.

To quote the great Rocky Balboa "the world ain't all sunshine and rainbows." Like this thread.
Well, those needing stormier posting situations can go elsewhere. This thread is a respite from the negativity. PLENTY of room on the rest of the forum for the chicken little cry closet crybabies.

Hi everybody! Its Monday! Yeehaw. Hey, I got a good idea Fin-Loco...once you guys have exhausted the platitudes...and you may soon will, haha, then just edit the title and throw this thread to the wolves! It would be interesting to see what happens with the evolution of this thread once the "conditions" were removed. haha - just an idea and I'm not being negative, just think the lifespan and "fascination" factor might increases geometrically!

Back
Top Bottom