Fins-D during Coyle Years = #4 scoring defense (out of 32 teams) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins-D during Coyle Years = #4 scoring defense (out of 32 teams)

(note how I said or the week after) I was talking in general terms. You can't have a week where you shut out an offense and then another week where you can't stop an offense. That's precisely why they are ranked where they are. They have games that are among the best defensive showings that you'll see from any team the entire year and then the next week they'll struggle to tackle.

Every team in the league does this. NE got gouged by us, KC, jets, Denver and Green bay. And they still won 2 of those 5
NFL is all about match ups so you are never going to see real consistency.

There's a difference between playing against a good team and failing to perform fundamentals. Are you honestly telling me you're happy with the way the defense has been tackling the last couple games?

They are the sole reason the Dolphins lost the Denver game. People wanna keep turning it into an offense vs defense pissing match, but don't ever bring up that game. I wonder why.

I don't think defense is the problem HOWEVER....... when you give up over 200 yards rushing it has a larger affect on the game than just scoring. Time of possession is huge when you have an offense that's as inconsistent as ours. Letting a team keep the ball for 8 minutes even if the drive doesn't lead to points is not good. It gives up field position AND prevents the already mediocre offense from establishing a Rhythm. This forces the offense to have to be perfect on it's drives and put points on the board because opportunities are limited. Points scored one stat coyle keeps harping on BUT there are other stats like TOP, Yards allowed etc.. that help paint the full picture.

There's a difference between playing against a good team and failing to perform fundamentals. Are you honestly telling me you're happy with the way the defense has been tackling the last couple games?

They are the sole reason the Dolphins lost the Denver game. People wanna keep turning it into an offense vs defense pissing match, but don't ever bring up that game. I wonder why.

Really,

I seem to remember an interception by the offense in that Denver game that lead to a very short field and the winning points. But go ahead and blame it on the defense.

Not really wanting to get into offense defense argument. But it is ridiculous to criticize the one of the best defenses we have had in decades.

Really,

I seem to remember an interception by the offense in that Denver game that lead to a very short field and the winning points. But go ahead and blame it on the defense.

Not really wanting to get into offense defense argument. But it is ridiculous to criticize the one of the best defenses we have had in decades.

Maybe if the defense wasn't a sieve throughout the entire game they don't have to expect their 3rd year QB to go blow for blow with Peyton Manning.

Funny how you'll blame the offense for one play but excuse the defense for an entire 4 quarters of inept play.

My impression on first viewing of the game was that we did not so much miss tackles, as got blocked. Their running backs were defeating what arm tackles our guys managed as well. Once we moved Jones up, they were contained.

Maybe if the defense wasn't a sieve throughout the entire game they don't have to expect their 3rd year QB to go blow for blow with Peyton Manning.

Funny how you'll blame the offense for one play but excuse the defense for an entire 4 quarters of inept play.

That one play turned the game against us.

As much as I don't like him Ray Lewis was correct in the pregame show when (I'm paraphrasing) he said Wake was great, our defense had everything it needed to be great, But Wake needs to take that leadership role in getting the defense to develop that killer attitude for 60 minutes.

That one play turned the game against us.

Nearly every play by the defense turned the game against us. They probably made a handful of what I would consider to be good plays.

As I've pointed out before, you have a weird vendetta against the offense or some weird obsession with the defense and refuse to ever admit any fault by the defense, even when the rest of the world clearly saw which unit on the field was the failure in the Denver game.

On the other hand I'm able to see that every unit this year has had consistency issues and has either directly or indirectly led the team to a loss.

No vendetta against offense. What did you really expect from the defense in Denver. They had gained over 400 yards in 4 of 5 games leading up to us.
They rack up yards and points against most teams. The only way we were winning that game is with turnovers (we had one that resulted in 7 points)
and playing a perfect game on offense. We almost played that perfect game on offense until that second to last drive on offense.

That is all I'm saying. Team loss.

Back
Top Bottom