Fins Front Runners for Albert Wilson - update: deal now agreed | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Front Runners for Albert Wilson - update: deal now agreed

I love how everyone is worried about Wilson’s stats being better then Landry. What people are failing to realize is that no team should be feeding all of their offense through a slot. The stats will be spread out through the receivers and tightends. And yes before you say how bad the tightends are, I believe we will be drafting one.

He's a hack why? Because he said some negative things about the Dolphins?
Just went thru his reviews. 36 out of 91 were a B or better. Meaning 60% of all signing were average or worse according to him. Very few A's. Although he gave a few of them to the Pats. Who most all else are saying failed FA so far. Just saying. I personally think he is a blow hard and take a what he says with a grain of salt. But that's just my opinion. (He'd probably give me a D).

Just went thru his reviews. 36 out of 91 were a B or better. Meaning 60% of all signing were average or worse according to him. .

Meaning what? What percentage of free agent signings should be average or worse according to you?

Imagine if we had done this instead!

"Ravens agreed to terms with WR Ryan Grant, formerly of the Redskins, on a four-year, $29 million contract.

The deal contains $14.5 million guaranteed, including a $10 million signing bonus. This is a real head-scratcher and reeks of desperation from GM Ozzie Newsome, who promised to overhaul the receiving corps, only to whiff on every other big name available. Grant, entering his age-28 year, came into 2017 with 39 career catches for 412 yards and two scores before "breaking out" for a 45-573-4 line last season. He's the new default No. 1 receiver in Baltimore."

Well...Grant did fail his physical so...

This is probably the only move I could've done without so far. But I still think he's a useful player, jury's still out until we see the guarantees. Amendola and Wilson is absolutely a smarter allocation of resources than Landry. The only reason I could do without this move is I want to see more Grant and I think Wilson is a little redundant skill set wise to Grant, but more polished and ready to contribute. Think we'll see all 5 guys getting lots of snaps tho, lots of rotation and a lot of short passing. Gase isn't going to have any excuses this year with a healthy Tannehill, you can see his fingerprints on these moves.

they saw a highlight real of all his wr screens and jizzed their pants.

heres a vid from last game of the year

That highlight video really showcased Mahomes. Dude can throw some nice balls.

Last edited:
I wonder how much of it was scheme by Andy Reid and how much was just physical talent. I know people hate on Reid but the dude knows how to run a damn good passing offense.
One thing that jumps off the screen is the relation between SEP(average separation) and TAY(average targeted air yards). The leaders in SEP include alot of TEs and Slot receivers, when you scroll down the list, you can clearly see that the deeper the receiver goes, the less separation they create generally...

As for being schemed open specifically, if you look at the charts, Wilson and Landry basically ran the same routes. This also shows up on the stat sheet somewhat as they both ended the season with a 6.4 TAY. The ball traveled in the air 6.4 yards per reception on average. The big difference is Wilson finished the season with 4.1 average sep while Landry produced 3.2 yards of sep. Almost a full yard difference.

Also interesting that Ds gave 1 full yard more of cushion on average to Wilson, Im guessing its because of the speed gap between the 2...

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#average-separation

Last edited:
From the article, “We believe the offensive line, overall, has also slightly improved”

I have to disagree with “slightly”.

Competition to sign Albert Wilson was very strong - that's why he got so well paid ($8M/season for 3 years). Good football evaluators concluded that Albert has big upside. Time will tell but consistent feedback is that he has great hands and gets separation.

Competition to sign Albert Wilson was very strong - that's why he got so well paid ($8M/season for 3 years). Good football evaluators concluded that Albert has big upside. Time will tell but consistent feedback is that he has great hands and gets separation.

That's what a lot of people miss in the contract he got. If we didn't sign him he was signing elsewhere quick.

One thing that jumps off the screen is the relation between SEP(average separation) and TAY(average targeted air yards). The leaders in SEP include alot of TEs and Slot receivers, when you scroll down the list, you can clearly see that the deeper the receiver goes, the less separation they create generally...

As for being schemed open specifically, if you look at the charts, Wilson and Landry basically ran the same routes. This also shows up on the stat sheet somewhat as they both ended the season with a 6.4 TAY. The ball traveled in the air 6.4 yards per reception. The big difference is Wilson finished the season with 4.1 average sep while Landry produced 3.2 yards of sep. Almost a full yard.

Also interesting that Ds gave 1 full yard more of cushion on average to Wilson, Im guessing its because of the speed gap between the 2...

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#average-separation

/therad.

Back
Top Bottom