Fins Front Runners for Albert Wilson - update: deal now agreed | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Front Runners for Albert Wilson - update: deal now agreed

I like the player a lot, and the contract seems reasonable.

Here's my question: Which current Dolphins WR is this signing an indictment of? Parker? Grant? Carroo? All 3?
Not on Parker. Not too much on Grant as they can be on the field together. Some on Carroo but mostly on the fact that none of the three are truly slot guys. Stills can be very effective in the slot but you want to move him around.

not good

WR Albert Wilson, Dolphins
Grade: D+

Wilson's final game as a member of the Chiefs was comfortably his best as a pro. The 25-year-old averaged just 26 receiving yards per game before Week 17 of the 2017 season, but with Patrick Mahomes under center and both Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce on the sidelines, Wilson went off for 10 catches and 147 yards against the Broncos. It was the first time Wilson had produced a 100-yard game since his final season at Georgia State back in 2013.

Before that game, though, Wilson had struggled to emerge as the second wideout the Chiefs have sought behind Jeremy Maclin and then Hill. Take out screens, and there have been 108 wideouts who have been targeted 100 or more times since the start of 2014, when Wilson entered the lineup. Of those 108, Wilson is 101st in targets per routes run, 94th in receptions per routes run, and 98th in receiving yards per route run. Wilson has also dropped 4.6 percent of the passes thrown in his direction, worse than the league average of 3.6 percent over that timeframe.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...trades-signings-moves-offseason-bill-barnwell

Don’t link a Bill Barnwell article ever again. That dude is a hack and doesn’t understand anything about the sport he reports on.

The dude flat out said take out the screens, when Wilson was primarily a screen WR for them. How does that make any sense. “If you take out all his big plays, then he looks bad”

LMAO.

Don’t link a Bill Barnwell article ever again. That dude is a hack and doesn’t understand anything about the sport he reports on.

The dude flat out said take out the screens, when Wilson was primarily a screen WR for them. How does that make any sense. “If you take out all his big plays, then he looks bad”

LMAO.

Well to be fair, it can be useful to examine an offense or player's productions when you take out those plays. I did that a while back when talking about how bad the Dolphins were at running screens and how our offensive efficiency jumped considerably when we didn't throw them.

Well to be fair, it can be useful to examine an offense or player's productions when you take out those plays. I did that a while back when talking about how bad the Dolphins were at running screens and how our offensive efficiency jumped considerably when we didn't throw them.

Yes, I've seen analysis of WR screens league-wide and it's a play that just isn't productive. If they were Wilson's best plays, then he got lucky or it was related to the talent around him giving him one-on-one opportunities.

Yes, I've seen analysis of WR screens league-wide and it's a play that just isn't productive. If they were Wilson's best plays, then he got lucky or it was related to the talent around him giving him one-on-one opportunities.

Kansas City has been EXCELLENT at running screen passes under Andy Reid.

The narrative on Wilson coming out of college....

Weaknesses
A bit straight-linish and unsudden out of his breaks. Limited strength to beat the jam and avoid the hold-up. Inconsistent hands-catcher. Has carried a sense of entitlement and is still learning what it means to be a pro. Could require some additional maintenance.

Change of culture? Has he grown up?

Jarvis Landry

WEAKNESSES

Has a fairly lean frame -- could stand to bulk up and get stronger in order to combat the jam. Lacks elite explosiveness and top-end speed -- does not have an extra gear to take the top off. Average line release, acceleration and suddenness. Could struggle to separate vs. quick-twitch cornerbacks. Large percentage of catches are contested. Lacks ideal height and is not a great leaper. Started just 12 career games.

Interestingly true

No that makes sense, but you don’t work for ESPN parading around as a NFL guy.

Reid calls screens when they make sense and he used Wilson and Hill and both were good at it.

He is a Dolphin now so I will support and I don’t want to beat a dead horse but I thought this was funny from Walter Football;

“Wow, this sure is a lot of money for a player who has never done anything. This was close to a Millen grade, but there will be worse contracts signed this week, I promise you.”

He hates the signing but I thought that line about worse contracts was funny.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php

Walter football.

Read his opinion on Trey Burton then look up his stats. Then read his opinion on Albert Wilson and the roll your head back in laughter.

Back
Top Bottom