Fins Front Runners for Albert Wilson - update: deal now agreed | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Front Runners for Albert Wilson - update: deal now agreed

Jeff Darlington on Joe Rose Show:

"Adam Gase is a smart guy but he needs help building the roster and Mike Tannenbaum is not that guy. He's not going to back Gase up when things get rough and they start pointing fingers".

I concur.

100% agree. I sure hope Gase doesn't let Tannenbum scapegoat him into getting fired first. At the very least he needs to take Tannenbum down with him.

Jeff Darlington on Joe Rose Show:

"Adam Gase is a smart guy but he needs help building the roster and Mike Tannenbaum is not that guy. He's not going to back Gase up when things get rough and they start pointing fingers".

I concur.
and the power struggle begins.....

The Chiefs changed QB’s which is why they are changing what they want at WR. Smith was a very accurate short and midrange QB, and Wilson provided a good security blanket. Their new QB Mahomes is a big arm, air raid style QB who has issues with the touch passes, but will burn you deep. The Chiefs signing Watson and jettisoning Wilson is catering to their new QB’s strengths.

Jalen Ramsey never played for the Chiefs.

And Andy Reid's career coaching record suggests he's quite competent at what he does.

Jalen Ramsey isn’t the best corner on his own team. Bouye has that locked up.

Peters is just as good in coverage with rare ball skills. I’ll take him 10/10 times.

I like the player a lot, and the contract seems reasonable.

Here's my question: Which current Dolphins WR is this signing an indictment of? Parker? Grant? Carroo? All 3?

This thread should be re-titled: “I’ve never heard of him, so therefore he sucks.” Way too many fanboys on this site don’t know a thing about pro football outside of their Dolphins bubble.

Honestly, I think you are being harsh, and I think it's fair that people are still upset about the Landry move.

But I also don't disagree with you. Everyone who wants to have an informed opinion about these players really should just watch more football. Watching football kicks ass.

Jalen Ramsey isn’t the best corner on his own team. Bouye has that locked up.

Peters is just as good in coverage with rare ball skills. I’ll take him 10/10 times.
Yup, coverage wise Peters is one of the best out there. Only knock is his tackling and keeping his cool at times

Kinda doubt TB will carve Gase up too bad, try though he might.

Most of the **** signings are on him.

As far as the Albert contract vs Stills, Kenny took less money to stay in Miami than he could have gotten in FA. So it isn’t that Alberts contract is really bad, it’s more that Stills contract is (incredibly, for Miami) pretty good.

According to Football Outsiders metrics he had a good year in 2017, ranking 8th in dvoa which is one spot behind his teammate Hill, and was 21st in DYAR.

According to Football Outsiders metrics he had a good year in 2017, ranking 8th in dvoa which is one spot behind his teammate Hill, and was 21st in DYAR.

What was Landry’s? I know according to Cian Fahey he was one of the most inefficient WRs in the NFL.

Current cap should be around 16 million factoring in Wilson and Quinn's contract and Thomas Timmons Suh cuts

I like the player a lot, and the contract seems reasonable.

Here's my question: Which current Dolphins WR is this signing an indictment of? Parker? Grant? Carroo? All 3?

Funny you should mention that as I was just thinking about this and MikeyT's resume.

Wilson signing for $8M = OOPS, I made a huge mistake on Carroo
Suh fired = OOPS, That contract I gave him was stupid
Quinn signing = OOPS, Wow, I gave Branch almost as much money as Quinn is making....and perhaps Harris is not quite ready for prime time.

Too bad he will never admit his mistakes. He will just try and make Gase pay for it. We all know the growing list of failed FA's so I will not list them again.

I'm pretty sure he's a solid player, but I'm pretty sure it was an overpay as well, because all players signed at this stage in free agency are. And we always make moves at this stage in free agency.

What was Landry’s? I know according to Cian Fahey he was one of the most inefficient WRs in the NFL.

Landry's efficiency numbers are crap, they even wrote articles about him in FO. But, again, it's all about how he was misused. Ironically, that misuse inflated his numbers and led to his insane contract demands.

Back
Top Bottom