Fins in 8th Best Cap Shape | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins in 8th Best Cap Shape

MCMike81 said:
why is it going to be hard to sign Brown. The 9ers arent even in the top ten and the have to sign the number 1 pick and he is a QB even more pricy. Some of you guys worry to much he will be signed he is not a selfish guy and we dont have to worry about him holding out, were gonna hook him up and he knows that.
Brown won't really be hard to sign. Sure there will be a lot of back and forth offers between the Fins and France, but that is how all contract's go. France doesn't seem like an Rosenhaus type agent, which is going to make this go a lot smoother. Brown will get a huge contract, and I am confident he will be to camp by Day 1. I have no worries.

thecoordinator said:
so what will our # look like when ronnie brown signs?

well our position wont drop alot because all of those teams are goign to sign their picks too

Nublar7 said:
Brown won't really be hard to sign. Sure there will be a lot of back and forth offers between the Fins and France, but that is how all contract's go. France doesn't seem like an Rosenhaus type agent, which is going to make this go a lot smoother. Brown will get a huge contract, and I am confident he will be to camp by Day 1. I have no worries.

I think we'll sign brown in about 2 weeks...saban is good on getting his guys

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
Once we sign Ronnie Brown we will be at #32 best position with $1 under.
Um, no. We had less draft picks then most teams, so that will help reduce our Rookie Pool. San Fran had more picks, have to sign the number 1 pick in the draft(WHO IS A QB) and they are only $4.3 million under. We are in pretty good shape.

Thats awesome how we went from the bottem 5 to the top 10 in cap space.

Cut some o-linemen like Jerman and Whitley, Miami will be doing quite well. Take out Roundtree and trade or cut Zgonina and Miami might even have some dough to make another 1 or 2 key signings, someone who is cut from some other teams!

Brown won't be hard to sign what will be hard is to make him a contract. I read somewhere that Ronnie will get paid about the same as recent No. 2 overall picks....wierd; well anyway it said Robert Gallery's contract was like 40 pages long had alot of incentives and other things in it incase of injury, and the length was 7 years. Ronnie won't be difficult to sign but the contract will just be complicated and very lengthy. And as far as cap room we will be fine we should be able to sign Ronnie with like a $2-2.5 million cap hit. Then Saban is planning on extending Randy's contract or atleast that's what I heard he was gonna do once Surtain was dealt.

If memory serves me correctly NFL teams get a rookie pool. What that rookie pool means is that, the amount that is in the rookie pool is the maximum cap hit that Miami can use on all of their rookies. This will probably keep Ronnie's cap hit to at least around 4 million dollars if not less.

At the end of the season people were saying i was crazy, because I thyought we were not in mucxh cap trouble.

At the end of the season people were saying i was crazy, because I thyought we were not in much cap trouble.

Nublar7 said:
As of April 29th, the Top 10 teams in best cap shape(Numbers are under the cap):

1. Minnesota Vikings($10.7 million)
2. Arizona Cardinals($9.85 million)
3. Dallas Cowboys($9.35 million)
4. Philadelphia Eagles($9.23 million)
5. Houston Texans($8.38 million)
6. Cleveland Browns($7.86 million)
7. San Diego Chargers($7.27 million)
8. Miami Dolphins($6.60 million)
9. Indianapolis Colts($6.30 million)
10. Jacksonville Jaguars($6.30 million)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2004973
Thanks for the info!:beerbang: