Fins in 8th Best Cap Shape | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins in 8th Best Cap Shape

Dolfan1000 said:
Did anyone notice in today's PC how Saban danced his way around the Hakim/Boston question? It was funny- he didnt answer at all.

Yes it was funny, he just started talking about the camp.

MexDolfan said:
Many sources have this contract as the trickiest of NFL history.
It will be a hard give-and-take period for layers of both sides.:cooldude:

Trickiest means nothing. They won't have a problem with his contract. It'll just have a bunch of clauses in it. That's what they're working on. Money is not a problem.

MexDolfan said:
Hey, be positive, its too early for negative!

dolfan348454999 said:
At the end of the season people were saying i was crazy, because I thyought we were not in much cap trouble.
We were, but Saban has been smart in cap trasactions and is building an awsome 2005 squad.

MexDolfan said:
Every rookie contract is goin to have give and take periods. Teams are going to low-ball the players at first, so they can try and get the cheapest contract possible. It will get done.

Nublar7 said:
Well, San Diego had the largest Rookie Pool last year at $6.0 million(we had $2.5 million). San Diego had 11 draft picks though compared to our 6. So, our Rookie Pool should be around $3.5-4 million, which would leaves us with around $2.5 million.
Only they didn't have a 2nd pick salary on any signed rookie.

MexDolfan said:

You're right. They had the #1 salary. Or the #4. I don't know how they worked it out.

MexDolfan said:
Your right, but the Giants who had Manning(#1 pick) had a rookie pool of $4.4 million. It mostly depends on how many picks you have and the rank of the picks.

Dolfan1000 said:
Did anyone notice in today's PC how Saban danced his way around the Hakim/Boston question? It was funny- he didnt answer at all.
And he'll make a hell of media.
He's handling all the information flow, if he needs something to flow it will, else it won't.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
Brown won't be hard to sign what will be hard is to make him a contract. I read somewhere that Ronnie will get paid about the same as recent No. 2 overall picks....wierd; well anyway it said Robert Gallery's contract was like 40 pages long had alot of incentives and other things in it incase of injury, and the length was 7 years. Ronnie won't be difficult to sign but the contract will just be complicated and very lengthy. And as far as cap room we will be fine we should be able to sign Ronnie with like a $2-2.5 million cap hit. Then Saban is planning on extending Randy's contract or atleast that's what I heard he was gonna do once Surtain was dealt.
Don't count as done that RM extention. If you carefully read the position Saban has in TC, you will see a lot of TE. Why? Depth in TE? Maybe, but Saban have expressed many time he's looking for adaptable, versatile and flexible player, in case of a TE that traslates into blocking marvels able to catch even the worst pass and do lots of YAR.
RM is triying to become a not so big blocker, but a more spectacular TE who catches lots of passes and have large TD numbers.
That's what's happenning. So as i see it, that extention may be to hard to get in this offseason and somehow is moving Saban's eyes somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom