Fins in 8th Best Cap Shape | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins in 8th Best Cap Shape

Nublar7 said:
As of April 29th, the Top 10 teams in best cap shape(Numbers are under the cap):

1. Minnesota Vikings($10.7 million)
2. Arizona Cardinals($9.85 million)
3. Dallas Cowboys($9.35 million)
4. Philadelphia Eagles($9.23 million)
5. Houston Texans($8.38 million)
6. Cleveland Browns($7.86 million)
7. San Diego Chargers($7.27 million)
8. Miami Dolphins($6.60 million)
9. Indianapolis Colts($6.30 million)
10. Jacksonville Jaguars($6.30 million)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2004973
That may means 4 - 5 millions in rookies.

So there's 1 - 2 millions for someone else.

If Ricky is back how much can we offer him???
And David Boston's?

bakedmatt said:
we haven't cut our team down to 53 players yet from all the guys signed. we'll have even more room after zgonina and the other cuts are gone.

cutting zgonina will probably clear some room as will cutting any other higher priced vet.
However, cutting the camp fodder level players to get down to the 53 man roster will have little or no effect on our cap. During the offseason, only the top 51 salaries are included in salary cap figures.

yankeehillbilly said:
cutting zgonina will probably clear some room as will cutting any other higher priced vet.
However, cutting the camp fodder level players to get down to the 53 man roster will have little or no effect on our cap. During the offseason, only the top 51 salaries are included in salary cap figures.
Zgonina saves roughly $750,000 after June 1st.

I think the fact that we didnt sign any expensive OL or FA except for Carter helped us to get under the cap.

Minnesota does have a lot of cap room, but they also have to sign TWO first rounders. That being said they can probably pick up the 'premier' (there always seems to be one) June 1 cut. If Tice gets them to play together (always a worry with teams) they are going to be SCARY good.

question, why only 6.6 million, i thought pat cleared around 8.4 and we were like 500 000 under so why is it not at around 9 million ?

I am absolutely AMAZED how Saban has managed the cap so far. He's done a tremdous job at getting us in the best 8th cap shape! The only problem is once we start signing out Draft Picks to contracts, it's going to bring us down A LOT. Especially Ronnie Brown, but I have to admit I think we're in pretty good shape. :cooldude:

also i beleive the cap gets raised every year by about 3-5 % wich would be around 2-3.5 mill more!!!
brown will be signed within 3-5 weeks
no problem

stop worrying about the cap anyways.
every team is in the same boat
there are alot of big names going to get alot of big money!!!
also the reason the cap has been getting eaten up is we have signed like 5,000 free agents that really arent free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buddwalk said:
I think we'll sign brown in about 2 weeks...saban is good on getting his guys

Get gotta ask, on what do you base that on, since Saban has never signed a a 1st round draft pick before, if I'm not mistaken, this is his first head coaching job in the NFL. Heck he couldn't get Berlin in College..so your statement isn't exactly accurate. 2 weeks,,, :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom