Fins looking to potentially trade X? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins looking to potentially trade X?

I keep going back to the fact that we are going to be facing Trevor Lawrence, Josh Allen, another good quarterback in New England no doubt, twice a year for years. The league is actually going to be an exciting decade to come with the guys coming up now. Maybe the next really great era of quarterbacks. Defense is going to be critical and shutdown corners are going to make all the difference in the world. X still has a few good years I would think, hence the trade value. But man, I think it’s a gamble to let that talent go on that side of the ball.

I just want to ask, since people are dunking on the SS and Omar... if they had included in the story, “the dolphins when reached for comment, refuted that they are exploring trades”, that would have made it all better?

The subject in question of a story is often the least reliable party in a story. Yes, they should have asked, but as many people here have adequately stated, it’s not unreasonable to listen to offers and discuss internally. Would that qualify as “exploring”?

Even BJ, who I consider the most reliable reporter in the area, followed up with some caveats. I hope he doesn’t get traded unless we are fleecing someone FYI.

The point of it is the fleeting premise of journalistic integrity. There is a relationship between an organization and those said organization gives access to. Omar has repeatedly abused that relationship.

This would be pure stupidity if true. Never understood the heat he gets. Pure lock down corner, guaranteed a pick a game. You can't trade X

I'd love to be fly on the wall the next time Omar and Flores have a private conversation.

Three 1st rounds, and their 1st born, or don't bother to waste time and money to call.

Seriously though, if Miami takes a trade offer for X, it better be spectacular, I don't want to hear the trade is even compensation for both teams...Either the other team severely overpays for X, or Adiós, Sayōnara, Ciao, Au revoir.

X is a huge part of the D, throwing a pass anywhere near X or Jones, is basically a wasted pass or worse, a turnover.

I mean, if you can get a package in return for X that's anywhere close to what we got for Tunsil, then sure, trade away. But nothing short of that. X is one of the finest CBs in the league. And with Tua at the helm, I expect us to be seriously competing soon.

I keep going back to the fact that we are going to be facing Trevor Lawrence, Josh Allen, another good quarterback in New England no doubt, twice a year for years. The league is actually going to be an exciting decade to come with the guys coming up now. Maybe the next really great era of quarterbacks. Defense is going to be critical and shutdown corners are going to make all the difference in the world. X still has a few good years I would think, hence the trade value. But man, I think it’s a gamble to let that talent go on that side of the ball.
While the Jets are the favorite to finish dead last and thus get the opportunity to draft Trevor Lawrence, the season still has plenty of games to go and Jacksonville also has a huge chance to get him. The comment that it is a fact that we are going to be facing Trevor Lawrence twice a year is wrong. It's not a fact. And even if the Jets do land him in the Draft, why do you keep going back to it? Talk about a Draft masochist! The Dolphins can't worry about the prospect of facing Lawrence on a divisional rival at this point in this season. We need to just focus on what we as a team can control and our future seems bright with Tua. You were probably whipping yourself into hysteria at the very very scary prospect of facing Sam Darnold at the Jets a few years ago.

No no, to advance through any team in the next few years is going to take a defense that can handle the Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson, eventually the Burrows, Herbert, Lawrence, Tua, Murray’s coming up. The quarterbacks are going to be stellar throughout the league, basically. We do need to draft and build for defense now that we have the quarterback that gets us in the playoffs. It isn’t about being scared to play them, it is building the team to advance on them. We are in that mindset now. You have to plan on advancing against the best of the best.

Back
Top Bottom