Fins looking to potentially trade X? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins looking to potentially trade X?

Who could it be? Who can afford Xavien and thinks they are a DB away?

Gotta figure it's one of the top tier teams in the league

1) KC
2) Pitts
3) Seattle
4) Arizona
5) Balitmore
6) NO ?
7) Browns?
8) Rams
9) GB

I like Howard but this isn't surprising at all. His stock is at the highest at this point and time. Considering his salary and his age this makes sense.
His age? His injury history yes but not his age. This, to me, would be punting on 2020, in anticipation of a huge offseason advantage in picks and cap money.

His age? His injury history yes but not his age. This, to me, would be punting on 2020, in anticipation of a huge offseason advantage in picks and cap money.

You're right! I didn't realize he was only 27. I thought he was 29 getting ready to push into 30.

I'd hate to see X traded, but wouldn't be surprised. He certainly seems to have finally rebounded from his injury and is playing extremely well.

CB's of Howard's talent command a premium price. If Miami can get another 1st round pick for him, perhaps multiple 2nd's; I'd think they'd be interested.

I mean for a Tunsil like offer or if they truly don’t believe in his knees sure. Otherwise I’m not so sure. X and Jones are the keys to our current defense. You ship out X and play Iggy you’re throwing on the towel on 2020. Now that’s fine to us, but what about the locker room. I think this has to be an extremely good offer or they believe X will have a knee injury again.

We’ll see if he’s active he’s Sunday. The NFL trade deadline is the most overrated trade deadline in sports.

The trade offer would have to blow me away. At some point you want to keep the talent in house. If we are serious about contending next year, a healthy X plays a key role.
That’s just it, we can lean on this Howard, Jones combination for 2 or 3 years IF they believe X can stay healthy. I’m sure Iggy can be trained to play the slot. I think having a strong secondary is the key to a Flores/NE defense.

It's my belief Miami signed Jones and drafted Iggy with some reservation about Howards healthy return. They also have Needham who's better as a boundary CB. So losing Howard may not hurt as much. But goddamn, this secondary has been lights out with the Jones and Howard combo, I'd be sad seeing that broken up.

I mean for a Tunsil like offer or if they truly don’t believe in his knees sure. Otherwise I’m not so sure. X and Jones are the keys to our current defense. You ship out X and play Iggy you’re throwing on the towel on 2020. Now that’s fine to us, but what about the locker room. I think this has to be an extremely good offer or they believe X will have a knee injury again.

We’ll see if he’s active he’s Sunday. The NFL trade deadline is the most overrated trade deadline in sports.

That's the thing. X knee isn't 100%. If you really watch him he's still hobble and doesn't have his normal explosion. Obviously, he's still good enough to make plays when he's near the ball. But don't fool yourself X isn't 100% and i don't think he'll ever be going forward.

Love the player and what he does for our team. But now is the perfect time to get good compensation for him if you're able to do that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom