Fins looking to potentially trade X? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins looking to potentially trade X?

It's my belief Miami signed Jones and drafted Iggy with some reservation about Howards healthy return. They also have Needham who's better as a boundary CB. So losing Howard may not hurt as much. But goddamn, this secondary has been lights out with the Jones and Howard combo, I'd be sad seeing that broken up.
Needham is garbage and people need to stop living off his 1.5 good games last year. He has been abused constantly this year regardless of where he was playing.

I’m okay with them conceding wins this year for future promise, but I’m sure it would sting what veterans they do have. Probably not Ogbah, Van Noy, Lawson as much because they got paid and knew they were going to a rebuild project. Realistically, even with Howard and Fitz starting the rest of the way, 8-8 was likely the ceiling, 9-7 and losing in the WC round would be overachieving. I suppose wins build culture but when you’re chasing .500 with Fitz and Howard, two guys who likely won’t be around next year anyway, then it doesn’t seem as critical. Let them chase .500 with Tua and the young guys instead and see what they got.

So what is this about “dead money” that makes this an impossibility?
You can't cut or release X, if you did the money is astronomical. However if they did do something stupid and trade him, Miami would be on the hook for 1.4m this year and 4.2m next year, so not "impossible".

Dolphins just said that it is not true and that is poor journaism to not even call the Dolphins to make sure that is real.

I can guess that the Cardinals were one team since Vance Joseph is their DC and the other is Seattle because they have the 31st ranked passing defense and X is a perfect fit for their defense.

I hope the Barry Jackson tweet saying he's been told by the Dolphins, the story is inaccurate and not true, is good news.
They may not be exploring trades but they are listening. I wonder who, and for what, it was.

They may not be exploring trades but they are listening. I wonder who, and for what, it was.
every team is listening to every team.....we can call the vikes and ask them about jefferson......doesnt equate to vikes exploring options in trading justin jefferson......just shoddy journalism from omar as is usually expected

The Patriots have always believed in trading a player one year too soon, rather than one year too late. This has been one of the main ingredients of their long term success... that said, X is 27 and this would be several years too early. He is our best player (as far as creating turnovers go) and he's skunking WRs in his area. I wouldn't take JUST a #1 for him. I would insist on at least a #1 and something else...

We always dream that our #1 picks will become what Howard already is... a star.

That said... if there is a very real fear of his health (like there was with Ajayi), I would trade him. If he has asked for a trade, I would trade him. I do see exceptions to what I've said above.

Back
Top Bottom