Fins looking to potentially trade X? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins looking to potentially trade X?

He's playing great now with those 4 INTS but everybody knows X has got knee issues. If the deal is right, they will pull the trigger no doubt (and by right I mean Tunsil right or similiar).

Had Igbinoghene played better I'm pretty sure they would've traded X for less than they would want now, but since it hasn't happened, then they will demand a premium.

He's playing great now with those 4 INTS but everybody knows X has got knee issues. If the deal is right, they will pull the trigger no doubt (and by right I mean Tunsil right or similiar).

Had Igbinoghene played better I'm pretty sure they would've traded X for less than they would want now, but since it hasn't happened, then they will demand a premium.
Interesting take... Howard is worth more because Iggy's first go-round was a struggle... I like it.

I trust in what the FO are doing whether these are true or false rumours. Just look at the draft picks they have accrued last and this coming draft. P.s never thought I would say that. I have not said that for last 20yrs plus. I need my head looking at!

This would truly suck. But the writing has been on the wall with the 1st round pick spent on Iggy and all that money spent on Byron Jones plus the cap is supposed to be much lower next season. I'm not sure what our cap situation will be then but we have a ton tied up with our CB duo

Have you seen the Saints salary cap? Unless they view him as an 8 game rental, there is no way they'd want him. They can't even begin to afford him?
Well, no team with $12 mil in available cap is in contention really, but Saints have about $8 mil, they can afford him if they think they'd make the playoffs and contend this year with X, against Brady.

I’d only trade him if it meant we were a lock to get Pat Surtain II

I dont know what to do about this. He is our best player. Anything less than a first round pick would be very disappointing.

If we are trading him to a playoff team, a 1st and a 2nd. (I know, not happening)

I dont see us being able to win a trade involving him unless it is for a first and another player. The guy is special just injury prone.

I imagine Hassan Reddick and a 1st for X. Howard to the Cardinals. Or Chandler Jones. (Not happening)

Or maybe to the Giants for their 1st (top 5 pick), or Leonard Willams and a 2nd.

Last edited:
Interesting take... Howard is worth more because Iggy's first go-round was a struggle... I like it.

Well think about it...when they drafted Igbinoghene I had a gut feeling it was possibly to eventually replace Howard should he not come back to form. The timing would depend on how well Igbinoghene played and/or how Howard returned from another knee procedure.

Howard's drain on the salary cap + his knee issues aren't exactly positive's especially given the contract to Jones. Since Howard took awhile to come back, that left the door open for Igbinoghene to get playing time. However his play wasn't exactly earth shattering and showed that at the very least, he needs more time especially given that he's a converted WR (?).

So, with Howard playing as well as he is now, you'd figure his trade value is at it high point despite the contract and knee stuff.

However who'd you replace him with? Igbinoghene isn't ready. Had he been ready you could trade X for good assets and be happy. Now, though with Igbinoghene still in question you essentially blow a gigantic hole in your defense. You're not just trading a luxury. So the assets you get in return for Howard better be really worth the trouble.

I didn't read many of the responses, but I've read enough to think I generally concur with the majority of the fans. well, the fans here

It would have to be better than a Tunsil type trade, if it were up to me. X still has a few good years left, barring injury.

He's getting better by the week. His pick last week was a great play, even though Flacco's placement wasn't perfect. Still, I think he would've gotten the PD, if it were a perfect pass.

Edit: Ideally, Mahogany becomes an excellent CB in the next year or so, X plays at an all-pro level (an actual all-pro level) and then Miami trades him or gets a day 2 comp when he leaves.

? ? ? ? ?
Thank you to ALL the 'Captain Obvious' in here, you make reading through posts painful. Also, not to be lost are the ones who make the call outs, ie about Omar (? ) which he's been called out since he was the Canes beat guy 20 years ago. Yup you called it....so this is for you.....? ? ? ? ?

These guys are just making stuff up, so they can hope to look smart later, if someone offers a deal Miami can't refuse. Then, when X isn't traded, they'll surmise that no one offered enough.

Back
Top Bottom