Fins sign WR Braxton Barrios | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins sign WR Braxton Barrios

I like this signing! Funny, I was just telling my son I had a hunch we might be looking at him. Nice to have a return guy now and not have to put Hill, Mostert or Holland back there anymore. Serves well enough in the slot and an occasional run. Could see McD finding creative uses for him. Is this goodbye to Sherfield and/or River?

All i know, is when you watch the Jets play, all you hear is the name Berrios. Why? Because hes their workhorse playmaker. Now put him on a team with a QB who gets the ball out quick and accurate. Watch out.. Exactly like what you mentioned.
i just remember the production brady got out of welker then edelman.

berrios is in that mold (to me).

and tua has hill and wadds on the outside.

Hopefully this doesn't mean the end of Sherfield? He had good chemistry with Tua. But Berrios fills a big need for Miami as it's PR/KR.
I really liked what Sherfield did, but my hope is the EE makes the leap forward. He didn't play much last year as he was a raw route runner and that is bug in this O.

He's not going to play much on offense outside of a couple plays here or there. He's going to be the returner because we had zero return game last season.
i'm not so sure of that.

by the end of the season i suspect he is on the field with Hill and Waddle practically every time we go 3 wide (which is a lot).

he will get all those sherfield, wilson snaps.

Good athlete, I like the player, but I am worrried about fit. We’ve seen it takes a few years to really settle in to thee McDaniel offense, so short term WR rentals don’t make sense. Go with the known commodity. Only makes sense if he’s on ST.

Good athlete, I like the player, but I am worrried about fit. We’ve seen it takes a few years to really settle in to thee McDaniel offense, so short term WR rentals don’t make sense. Go with the known commodity. Only makes sense if he’s on ST.
I guess you didn't see where Berrios was First Team All-Pro as a kick returner.

you don't think he is immediately KR1 and PR1 ?

I don't think Berrios, who is a vet and a very good route runner, wouldn't be able to pick up the O. Why would it take years, maybe a raw rookie. Hill and Waddle seemed to do just fine in year one. Plus yes he was absolutely brought in for ST, he was an All-Pro returner 2 years ago.

i just remember the production brady got out of welker then edelman.

berrios is in that mold (to me).

and tua has hill and wadds on the outside.

To be like edelman and welker, you need a certain type of toughness. Like not being afraid of taking hits in traffic or down the middle. Hes that guy.

i'm not so sure of that.

by the end of the season i suspect he is on the field with Hill and Waddle practically every time we go 3 wide (which is a lot).

he will get all those sherfield, wilson snaps.
I don't think so because we'd just be using him as Gesicki in that scenario and look how many passes went his way. Sherfield is on the field because he can also block very well, something that Berrios can't do.

If we have Hill and Waddle on the field, I want every other receiving target to be great at blocking.

Back
Top Bottom