Fins sign WR Braxton Barrios | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins sign WR Braxton Barrios

He already played with Brady, Maker of white Slot WRs, and wasn't "devastating" so I don't know where people are getting the idea that he could be Edleman all of a sudden.
It should be noted that Edelman was on the Patriots at the same time Barrios was. He took over the Welker role and that left little room for Barrios to fill that position.

Barrios has been an excellent kick returner, something the Dolphins have had a desperate need for in recent years. He might not be a Welker or Edlemen in the slot but with Welker as his position coach now, I think he will be a lot better than some on here believe he will be.

It should be noted that Edelman was on the Patriots at the same time Barrios was. He took over the Welker role and that left little room for Barrios to fill that position.

Barrios has been an excellent kick returner, something the Dolphins have had a desperate need for in recent years. He might not be a Welker or Edlemen in the slot but with Welker as his position coach now, I think he will be a lot better than some on here believe he will be.

Good point I had not thought of. Wes as his coach is ideal

I don't think so because we'd just be using him as Gesicki in that scenario and look how many passes went his way. Sherfield is on the field because he can also block very well, something that Berrios can't do.

If we have Hill and Waddle on the field, I want every other receiving target to be great at blocking.
The funny thing is Berrios, while not as good at blocking as Sherfield, is a better blocker then Gesicki.

For the record there are things he will not be able to do as well as Sherfield or Cracraft, but the things he can and will do better then them, are even more important in the McDaniel Offense.

Miami now has so many weapons that can and will get you chunk yardage at any moment, if I'm a DC, I may be considering heavy alcohol the week before playing Miami...Nothing like drowning your problems away.

The team still needs more than 5 receivers just for camp. I still have hope for Sherfield and/or Cracraft.

I see it this way

WR1: Hill
WR2: Waddle
WR4: Ezukanma: He hasn't earned playing time, but as a 4th round pick, he'll stick. Maybe the X.
WR6: Berrios: Gadget player and return man.

I think the above 4 are almost locks.

Wilson may end up being the WR3, or he may be traded. His contract isn't awful, but I REALLY think we need a tall X receiver instead of a big slot.

Sanders and Swain, I think are fighting over the WR5 spot. Sanders could be a Y-type deep threat. Runs lots of deep routes but probably would not get many targets. Swain could fill this role as well, but I can't help thinking that he had a better shot before we signed Berrios.

Good athlete, I like the player, but I am worrried about fit. We’ve seen it takes a few years to really settle in to thee McDaniel offense, so short term WR rentals don’t make sense. Go with the known commodity. Only makes sense if he’s on ST.
You don’t need FIT for ST. He’s our new KR and PR.

I see it this way

WR1: Hill
WR2: Waddle
WR4: Ezukanma: He hasn't earned playing time, but as a 4th round pick, he'll stick. Maybe the X.
WR6: Berrios: Gadget player and return man.

I think the above 4 are almost locks.

Wilson may end up being the WR3, or he may be traded. His contract isn't awful, but I REALLY think we need a tall X receiver instead of a big slot.

Sanders and Swain, I think are fighting over the WR5 spot. Sanders could be a Y-type deep threat. Runs lots of deep routes but probably would not get many targets. Swain could fill this role as well, but I can't help thinking that he had a better shot before we signed Berrios.
I don’t see Wilson on the MD this season

Back
Top Bottom