Fins' Talent Well Isn't As Dry As Some Claim. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins' Talent Well Isn't As Dry As Some Claim.

7-6 is a good record? I'm confused. What are you giving Gase credit for? Them winning 7 ga

Yeah, disagree for a lot of reasons. 7-6 is not a good record, not sure what you are giving him credit for.
7-6 being good depends on alot of **** in football, but I suspect you want to hear none of it...

7-6 is a good record? I'm confused. What are you giving Gase credit for? Them winning 7 ga

Yeah, disagree for a lot of reasons. 7-6 is not a good record, not sure what you are giving him credit for.

I'm gonna give Gase credit for Sunday's game against the pats. His playcalling might have been the best its been all year.

They actually practiced that "Miracle" play, which say alot to me. But even then, that play is meaningless if he doesnt engineer 4 other TD drives in that game to keep it close.

I hope Gase keeps progressing and doesnt fall back to the old habits that caused us so many problems the last couple of years.

Surely you guys understand basic math if you don’t know what you’re looking at with football.

If your personnel department gives you a roster that’s bottom 3-4 in both offense and defense, then you’d probably expect to be 4-12 or 5-11.

Miami is above .500 and in playoff contention with three games to go.

Adam Gase didn’t fly around the Midwest scouting Charles Harris, Raekwon McMillan, and Mike Gesicki.

The notion that Gase “sucks” is well beyond hilarity at this point.

I'm gonna give Gase credit for Sunday's game against the pats. His playcalling might have been the best its been all year.

They actually practiced that "Miracle" play, which say alot to me. But even then, that play is meaningless if he doesnt engineer 4 other TD drives in that game to keep it close.

I hope Gase keeps progressing and doesnt fall back to the old habits that caused us so many problems the last couple of years.
As would I, but one win does not take away the atrocious play calling he has performed during the entire season. Not at all.

No question there is talent. I think there are key areas that need big improvement, though. Specifically the offensive line and front seven on defense.

I hope the fan base isn't waiting on a Randy Moss
Reggie White or Superman in the draft.

It still takes coaching and some luck to win in this league. Our good luck game was last week our bad luck game was Cincy.

What we do need is to settle on a core which includes a QB and build from their.

Not quite sure what you mean. Elaborate?
Well 7-6 with a healthy good team sucks...
7-6 when you played 5 games with your backup QB, wouldnt be so quick to call that bad...
Context

Interesting that a team with wasted talent and clueless coaches can be 7-6. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in the NFL unless their starting QB is elite. Is that what you’re saying? Because something doesn’t add up.

Miami is 7-6 only because of a handful of "lucky" plays. (Granted, these plays do happen to other teams too.) The Raiders dominated Miami, but two short passes which usually gain just a few yards 99.9% of the time went for big gains. Clay couldn't handle a TD pass the other week, or else Buffalo would have won that game. Last week, without the "Miami Miracle" (which actually was a miracle!) would Miami have beat the Pats? No. Now, before anyone says that these types of plays are part of the game and do count as legitimate plays, I'll say that you're partially right... unless you really look at the overall picture.

Example: Miami leads the league (or is near the top) in the number of big plays over 50 yards (I can't quite remember... maybe TD plays?), they're #2 in interceptions, and near the top in takeaways. This means that the offense is making a lot of big plays, and the defense is very good at giving the ball back to the offense. So, why is it that the offense and defense are only ranked 29th out of 32 teams? The problem is that the team is not very good the majority of the time, and when they don't get miracle laterals, dropped TDs by the opponent, or timely takeaways they lose. Their wins are mostly by one score or less, but their losses are usually by a large margin. This team gives up huge runs and pass plays to every opponent, is that what a good team does?

Actually, I'm at a loss to explain how Miami seems to have had so many lucky breaks this season. But, I'm positive that coaching has nothing to do with it! Maybe the football gods feel sorry for us, and are letting us see a few victories before the inevitable collapse.

Last edited:
Look at all that talent, just LOL.

Dumb fans will want the coach replaced because changing one person is easier than changing 53....but these guys are not good at football.

Surely you guys understand basic math if you don’t know what you’re looking at with football.

If your personnel department gives you a roster that’s bottom 3-4 in both offense and defense, then you’d probably expect to be 4-12 or 5-11.

Miami is above .500 and in playoff contention with three games to go.

Adam Gase didn’t fly around the Midwest scouting Charles Harris, Raekwon McMillan, and Mike Gesicki.

The notion that Gase “sucks” is well beyond hilarity at this point.
Yeah, beyond hilarity. Right.

LOL at idiots who don't understand that the talent level in the NFL is so close that coaching is a major factor between being a good team and being an awful team. The Dolphins coaching staff has been awful at having their team prepared for road games. Historically bad.

Back
Top Bottom