Fins' Talent Well Isn't As Dry As Some Claim. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins' Talent Well Isn't As Dry As Some Claim.

Using your logic, Bill Belichick is a bad coach because he lost last week, especially by putting 87 on defense.

Using your logic, Bill Belichick is a bad coach because he lost last week, especially by putting 87 on defense.
I don't look at this team on a week to week basis like some do here. I look at it overall and like I posted before this game even started, Gases play calling has been awful, then what happens? Yeah.

I can understand Tannehill supporters and haters points of view. What I don't understand is why anyone would support Gase's play calling or allowing him to retain play calling ability. He is not good at it, at all. If you can somehow defend that, I welcome the argument.

I don't think he shod be fired, but he absolutely needs to concede play calling and they need a new OC, just facts.

Ok, then we are on the same page. I said very similar things in Wanny’s snap reaction thread.

Surely you guys understand basic math if you don’t know what you’re looking at with football.

If your personnel department gives you a roster that’s bottom 3-4 in both offense and defense, then you’d probably expect to be 4-12 or 5-11.

Miami is above .500 and in playoff contention with three games to go.

Adam Gase didn’t fly around the Midwest scouting Charles Harris, Raekwon McMillan, and Mike Gesicki.

The notion that Gase “sucks” is well beyond hilarity at this point.

If you're going by yardage/ypp rankings on offense and defense, that's fine but coaching obviously factors into that as well. How do we know we have a bottom 3-4 talent level on offense and defense? Because by my eye we don't....

On defense by my eyes we should be better than league average. On offense, I think we need a 1 or 2 offensive line moves to solidify things, then hope for at least average injury luck next season.

Fine. Here are guys who played today that have issues.

1. Tory McTyer, should not be in the league.
2. Charles Harris, he’s about where you’d expect an undrafted free agent to be.
3. Cam Wake - he’s charred.
4. Akeem Spence, can’t hold up the point of attack and stop the run.
5. Raekwon McMillan, can’t read or diagnose to save his life.
6. Devante Parker - extreme disappointment. He’s a losing player.
7. Danny Amendola - he’s running on fumes at 33 or whatever he is.
8. Ted Larsen, has had a moment or two, but poor body of work this season.
9. Mike Gesicki - extremely long way to go to stop looking like a volleyball player out there.

These are guys that were out there that didn’t help you.

So, now you’re 7-7 with that kind of nonsense out there. That’s why you’re ranked low on offense and defense.

And that’s while losing three games with your backup quarterback out there and being one week after scoring 34 to beat NE.

If you're going by yardage/ypp rankings on offense and defense, that's fine but coaching obviously factors into that as well. How do we know we have a bottom 3-4 talent level on offense and defense? Because by my eye we don't....

On defense by my eyes we should be better than league average. On offense, I think we need a 1 or 2 offensive line moves to solidify things, then hope for at least average injury luck next season.

Defense needs another CB, DE, DT and MLB. Offensive line needs 2 or 3 new starters. Despite that, a better coaching staff has this team better prepared vs a Vikings team that has also struggled this year. Losing in Minnesota was not unlikely but losing the way they did is just inexcusable. It isn't like this is the first time this team has layed an egg on the road. When a team consitently plays as awful as this team has played on the road. It falls squarely on the shoulders of the coaches because something is severely wrong with their preparation.

1. the main problems w dolphins is coaching...hiring rookie coach ..
2. the wide 9 def need be gone next yr. we never have a lead...

1. the main problems w dolphins is coaching...hiring rookie coach ..
2. the wide 9 def need be gone next yr. we never have a lead.. need fire our OC. maybe we might be like Viking and score point. last we got make team pay when they blitz..

How many elite players do you think a good team has?

One. Usually a QB or at least above average anyway.

Elite is over used today. ELITE = top 5 talent over years (not one season). So 22 positions in the NFL x top 5 over multiple seasons = 15 to 20 players tops in the NFL. So a team is lucky to have one, doesn't mean however you stop looking for one.

Tunsils played down a little of late.

X is the run away team mvp

Minkah might be 3rd

Nothing else is worth talking about

Back
Top Bottom