Fins to swap 1sts with Philly and also trade a 4th rounder for Kiko/Maxwell | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins to swap 1sts with Philly and also trade a 4th rounder for Kiko/Maxwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
flipping the first round picks is absurd even for Tannenbaum.. Absolutely no way. Maxwell was a blessing for the Eagles to get off of their books and Alonso has had 3 years of injuries....and your gonna flip first? no way

Hey tannenbaum my be stupid but I highly doubt he's that crazy....I'd be more worried he gave up a 4th rdr...

Seriously, this all reminds me of when it was being reported by a bunch of hacks on twitter than John Gruden was the next Miami Hurricanes head coach . . . Even a few reliable people were convinced because the noise was so loud. Then outta nowhere the real sources came out and confirmed "Al Golden" was the next coach.

Everybody looking to be the next name, wait for the big dogs to speak on it. Only thing stopping them is they don't know. . . . So neither would these hacks.

This, I agree with. A GM who drafts a good player—REALLY good players—and lets them walk after theor rookie contracts, over a few bucks in relative terms, would seem on the surface to be a moron.

And that's what pisses me off about not getting LM and OV re-signed, aside from losing their talents and performance.

Miller: where you gonna buy a game-changer for less than whatever he gets from Houston, or whoever? $7-8M for a guy who can break a game open at any time—and that was with a lousy OL, BTW, now imagine if we improve there! Too much, you say, Dolphins? Asswipes.

Where you gonna buy 10 sacks from a high-character kid, and how much is it going to cost you? And will you actually GET those 10 sacks from the unknown element, as opposed to from the guy who has been doing it even while hamstrung by Joe Philbin's vagina, Kevin Coyle, these past 3 years?

I don't know man, OV is not a 10 sack guy, hes a 7 sack guy. We've seen him when he's featured as "the guy" and we've seen him when other guys take all the attention (suh, wake, starks, odrick, etc etc).. he just never dominated in the 4 years he was here. I'm sorry but I think with the personnel he has played next to and the amount of time we have been watching, he's pretty much shown what he is, and its DEFINITELY not a 15 million dollar player. Not even close. He had one solid season with us where got 11.5 sacks from the DT position. I'm sorry that was 3 years ago now. I'm not paying the guy 15 million a year for one average season 3 years ago.

Miller... let's not pretend the guy is flawless, he's proven he can't convert short yardage. Could you argue still paying him, and complementing him with a power back to fill that role? sure, but he doesn't want that scenario. He also presumably wants 8 million dollars a year. Do we really want to pay that? Lets invest in the OL, and pay landry and parker. if were going to pay RB's lets pay guys that really make Tannehill's job easier. Guys that convert red zone, guys that convert short yardage, guys that get positive yards on 1st down, guys that really tannehill feels comfortable with in pass pro. If you find that guy, sure pay him.

Darron Lee is an explosive athlete, very twitchy....but he's a better athlete at this point than football player. He reminds me of Shazier. Watch the Michigan St game. Lee bounces around in place on most run plays instead of reading the keys and filling. That's an athlete looking for the ball instead of an instinctive LB filling his gap assignment. He makes plays when he's free to attack but otherwise many tackles are downfield. Huge upside with this guy, but what he lacks Hargreaves has. Hargreaves shows no wasted movement....he's smooth, instinctive. What he lacks in speed and hips (he's a little thick) he makes up for in smarts and recognition....with incredible ball skills. It will be interesting to see how both guys proceed in their careers.

bingo

As Silver pointed out in chat, Albright (who confirmed the Eagles receiving the 4th pick along with the 1st swap) is also the one to have broken LB Danny Trevathan to the Bears and or own Lamar Miller to the Texans. Both of which have been confirmed by national insiders.

oh so trevathon is gone? I can't tell ya how happy I am not to have that contract on our books...

but then immediately my mind reverts back to this trade and well happy thoughts over

Seriously, this all reminds me of when it was being reported by a bunch of hacks on twitter than John Gruden was the next Miami Hurricanes head coach . . . Even a few reliable people were convinced because the noise was so loud. Then outta nowhere the real sources came out and confirmed "Al Golden" was the next coach.

Everybody looking to be the next name, wait for the big dogs to speak on it. Only thing stopping them is they don't know. . . . So neither would these hacks.

Every reporter has a "source" this time of year, for some reason they never do any other time. I blame it all on JLC, he trained them well.

Facepalm-gif.gif

Oh man, I am not going to yet take this as truth, but if we exchanged 1s, and also gave them a 4th, T-Baum is going to get trashed, and rightly so.

b0471a21c616047d9ce148adb5f184e1.jpg

If I am Ryan Tannehill, I void my own contract and get the **** out out of here.

Honestly, this is what I hate about all the coverage, and NFL 24/7/365. Back before BSPN, and the NFL network and all that crap, we were all pretty much in the dark until draft day. We will never know what the hell happened in the days leading up to the draft in the pre BSPN days. And if we did people would probably be going batchit crazy then too. It's a process, people. Just let it happen. It's not like you or I can do anything to stop it. Some people on here really need to just put their head in the sand, and pull it back out on opening day. Might just add some years to your life!

If I am Ryan Tannehill, I void my own contract and get the **** out out of here.

If I'm Ryan Tannehill, I shoot my self in the leg with my own gun in a Miami club and happily spend 3 years in prison away from the Dolphins.

I'm alittle surprised at the reaction on the board for this move... I'm not too high on maxwell especially for the money but vance is one of the best DB coaches in the league and you have to figure he will get the best out of maxwell. And kiko if healthy is probably a top 10 lb in the league and is young and cheap. Not too thrilled about swapping 1st but there is alot of talent on D in this draft and a 4th for two younger guys at positions we need doesn't seem to be too bad of a trade. I guess time will tell. Just don't know why everyone is hating it.

if I'm ryan tannehill I never sign that extension and put this place in my rear view when my oc tells me I cant check out and runs me into hard contact by play design even

if anyone should have pulled a mike Wallace it should have been him

if this is true, we are going to be looking back at who we could of had like we do now when we traded back to get Odrick and missed out on Dez and both Thomas'

You know we could have had Randy Moss too. Hell if our doctors were competent, Drew Brees. Mediocrity has befallen every corner of this franchise. Don't worry. Tannenbaum will save us all....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom