Fins to swap 1sts with Philly and also trade a 4th rounder for Kiko/Maxwell | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins to swap 1sts with Philly and also trade a 4th rounder for Kiko/Maxwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dolphins are basically giving the Eagles a 4th for two players the Eagles didn't want. People are saying the Dolphins got two starters out of this, but one is a below average starter and the other hasn't played a full 16 games in 2 seasons. Alonso's knee is a major concern. How many people will be happy when Maxwell is constantly getting torched on gameday and Alonso can't even make it onto the field? This added to the fact that they could miss out on possible elite talent such as Jack & Hargreaves?

I said potential rentals...you are committed for 1 year here...that's it...whereas with draft picks im getting at minimum 3 years...and the 3 years ones I think can be tendered...

A restructure of Maxwell probably gives us at least two years and Alonso is a RFA after this season . . . Can always tender him at the second rounder and get something back or keep him cheap another year.

I find the distinction in overall attitude towards the Dolphins between this site and another I use for Dolphins talk to be amazing.

Go to reddit.com/r/miamidolphins and read the thread about this very topic and you'll see most think its a good deal for us. Come here and its doom and gloom, franchise is ruined and tannebum is the devil. Real interesting difference...

It's because the reddit dolphins forum consists of optimistic teenagers... They haven't lived through all the crap that FH posters have.

I don't know why you keep referring to these players as rentals as if that's some sure thing.
I'm not a huge fan of Maxwell at his salary but he's better than anything we have at corner, and if Alonso's knee can heal properly then he has many years of very good Mike play ahead of him.
We got 2 solid to very good starters at positions where we were terrible by moving down (supposedly) 5 spots in the 1st round and acquiring a 4th.
There are still going to be potentially great players available at 13. Jack and Hargreaves will most likely be gone, but our need for Jack is now greatly diminished and I really like Ogbah, Spence, Lawson, Apple, Alexander and Elliot, many of whom will be available at 13 if that's where we're picking.

Since when? Maxwell wasn't good last year and is on a bad contract and kiko hasn't played well since his rookie year. As to the second part, that is the worst philosophy you can have. You don't diminish the need to draft elite talent because you pick up a couple of players another team couldn't wait to get rid of, one who's on a terrible contract and the other who cant see the field healthy. Maxwell or Kiko shouldn't influence who you draft at all and if they do, than you're on the path of ruining your team

I don't agree with swapping picks but we got 2 starters, a 4th, and still have a top 15 pick so I think it was a good trade. And for those saying Maxwell isn't a #1 corner, well no one said he will be here. Pacman could be the #1 or a potential 1st round pick could be the #1 so everyone relax!

The Dolphins are basically giving the Eagles a 4th for two players the Eagles didn't want. People are saying the Dolphins got two starters out of this, but one is a below average starter and the other hasn't played a full 16 games in 2 seasons. Alonso's knee is a major concern. How many people will be happy when Maxwell is constantly getting torched on gameday and Alonso can't even make it onto the field? This added to the fact that they could miss out on possible elite talent such as Jack & Hargreaves?

Maxwell is NOT a below average player. He will be a solid starter for us and was for the Eagles, who didn't put him in the best position to excel.. Is he worth the contract given to him? No. But if you look at the numbers this year is the only one where he's paid excessively.

Again, hard to imagine a "real" source doesn't have this out yet. . . .personally think its more **** slinging and riled up Finheaven blood pressures for nothing.

Fins to swap 1sts with Philly and also pick up a 4th rounder for Kiko/Maxwell

Is this confirmed? None of the Fins reporters are saying we swapped 1's.

personally think its more **** slinging and riled up Finheaven blood pressures for nothing.
In other words business as usual at FH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrible if true. Maxwell and Alonso won't be on the team for more than 2 years, and we potentially lose out on Jack or Hargreaves in the process. This is not good if true

I feel like we HAVE to get one of these two guys. Moving down from 8 to 13 will take us out of play for either, IMO.

Is this confirmed? None of the Fins reporters are saying we swapped 1's.

im really starting to believe it cant be true. I mean, tannenbaum cant be that stupid can he? If we gave them a sixth, ok. Still don't like it but its only a 6th but to swap 1st rounders? That's like made up, invent the worst possible trade, type games

Since when? Maxwell wasn't good last year and is on a bad contract and kiko hasn't played well since his rookie year. As to the second part, that is the worst philosophy you can have. You don't diminish the need to draft elite talent because you pick up a couple of players another team couldn't wait to get rid of, one who's on a terrible contract and the other who cant see the field healthy. Maxwell or Kiko shouldn't influence who you draft at all and if they do, than you're on the path of ruining your team

You have to draft BPA to an extent. Let's be realistic, the Packers aren't going to draft a quarterback in the first round and the Panthers aren't going to draft a MLB in the first round. If Alonso is healthy then he's a 25 year old starting MLB who has shown a ton of ability when healthy. Could we bring in Jack to try and upgrade on Jenkins? I guess, but I'd much rather draft a corner or pass rusher like Apple or Lawson who both have tremendous upside in their own right, not necessarily any less than Jack at their respective positions.

im really starting to believe it cant be true. I mean, tannenbaum cant be that stupid can he? If we gave them a sixth, ok. Still don't like it but its only a 6th but to swap 1st rounders? That's like made up, invent the worst possible trade, type games

Seems like a solid trade to me. We get a fourth, 2 day one starters, one who just restructured, and only drop 5 spots in the 1st. Sounds like a win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom