Fins to swap 1sts with Philly and also trade a 4th rounder for Kiko/Maxwell | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins to swap 1sts with Philly and also trade a 4th rounder for Kiko/Maxwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title means nothing. I read the tweet before he deleted it and that's the way I read it. His tweet in the OP doesn't indicate who is getting the 4th.

The deleted tweet said "Swap of 8/13 + 4th FOR fins" . Seems straightforward to me.

No way in hell we give up essentially a 2nd (dropping five spots in the first round) and a 4th for those two players. That would be insane even for T-Bum.

Wait.

You followed this:

With this?

Doesn't that kinda contradict itself? There is absolutely no way anyone knows for certain which way the top 13 picks are going to fall.

if you don't have a general idea already how the top 10 or 12 picks of this draft is gonna go in terms of players then I can't help you...it's not that hard...I tell ya this the only way Hargreaves gets to you at 13 is if teams see him strictly as a slot...there may be some that do but I bet you not all of them

or maybe I'm just ahead of the curve :lol:

Would Miami get an additional 4th or would Philly. Hard to tell the way that's worded.

I don't like trading down before the draft because you never know what might happen. What if Joey Bosa dropped to #8 and Miami is now picking at #13? Doubtful, but I still remember Jimmy Johnson trading out and the Dolphins ended up with John Avery instead of Randy Moss.

I recall Jimmy saying acquiring Moss was not a possibility.

No one knows if this is a good deal or not if true. Hurry up and wait. On the surface it's not great but not earth shattering either.

No way in hell we give up essentially a 2nd (dropping five spots in the first round) and a 4th for those two players. That would be insane even for T-Bum.

As I read it, we would be receiving the 4th rounder. And according to the draft value chart a move down of 5 spots is equivalent to a low 3rd. The draft chart is rather outdated though so it's probably worth more. Not sure about a second though.

I'm fine with the trade. Alonso and Maxwell are better than who they are replacing. If Miami picks up a 4th rounder that is anything but awful. Dropping down 5 spots? What if Miami had been in the 13th spot all along? To act as if players beyond the 8th pick are dog**** is pretty laughable.

I don't much care for the draft value chart and I don't care either for any look at what pick 8 vs pick 13 gets you in the last 5 years...every year is different...you just traded out of the elite talent group for potential one year rentals...it definitely isn't good value...that 4th rounder is basically a throw in when it comes to value if we did get one back...dropping 5 spots from 8 to 13 is a big deal

I think most gms would hang up on you if you called and offered what we got in return for that price...I'd probably put you on speaker and ask you to repeat it while I pumped it thru the intercom in the building for all staff personnel to hear

I don't know why you keep referring to these players as rentals as if that's some sure thing.
I'm not a huge fan of Maxwell at his salary but he's better than anything we have at corner, and if Alonso's knee can heal properly then he has many years of very good Mike play ahead of him.
We got 2 solid to very good starters at positions where we were terrible by moving down (supposedly) 5 spots in the 1st round and acquiring a 4th.
There are still going to be potentially great players available at 13. Jack and Hargreaves will most likely be gone, but our need for Jack is now greatly diminished and I really like Ogbah, Spence, Lawson, Apple, Alexander and Elliot, many of whom will be available at 13 if that's where we're picking.

I don't know why you keep referring to these players as rentals as if that's some sure thing.
I'm not a huge fan of Maxwell at his salary but he's better than anything we have at corner, and if Alonso's knee can heal properly then he has many years of very good Mike play ahead of him.
We got 2 solid to very good starters at positions where we were terrible by moving down (supposedly) 5 spots in the 1st round and acquiring a 4th.
There are still going to be potentially great players available at 13. Jack and Hargreaves will most likely be gone, but our need for Jack is now greatly diminished and I really like Ogbah, Spence, Lawson, Apple, Alexander and Elliot, many of whom will be available at 13 if that's where we're picking.

I said potential rentals...you are committed for 1 year here...that's it...whereas with draft picks im getting at minimum 3 years...and the 3 years ones I think can be tendered...

If they got a 4th out of this, and they swapped from 8 to 13, it's not tragic.

I really don't think we read that right. I think it's the Dolphins that are giving the Eagles a 4th in this trade.

I'm fine with the trade. Alonso and Maxwell are better than who they are replacing. If Miami picks up a 4th rounder that is anything but awful. Dropping down 5 spots? What if Miami had been in the 13th spot all along? To act as if players beyond the 8th pick are dog**** is pretty laughable.

Right? You'd think Tannenbaum just walked to their grandma's urn and laid a giant dookie in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom