Fins to swap 1sts with Philly and also trade a 4th rounder for Kiko/Maxwell | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins to swap 1sts with Philly and also trade a 4th rounder for Kiko/Maxwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all the people bitching about moving down in the draft:

Some of the differences between #8 and #13 the past few drafts.

2015 NFL Draft:

#8 Vic Beasley (Atlanta Falcons)
#13 Andrus Peat (New Orleans Saints

2014 NFL Draft:
#8 Justin Gilbert (Cleveland Browns)
#13 Aaron Donald (St. Louis Rams)

2013 NFL Draft:
#8 Tavon Austin (St. Louis Rams)
#13 Sheldon Richardson (New York Jets)

2012 NFL Draft:
#8 Ryan Tannehill (Miami Dolphins)
#13 Michael Floyd (Arizona Cardinals)

Talent is there... just depends who we get at the end of the day. Stop being negative fools like there's no talent down 5 spots in the draft.

Yes but we got garbage in return plus another draft pick.

I am always viewed as Mr. negative. This would be a great deal if it means moving back a few spots to pick up both players AND a 4rth. Come on people. The pick we want is the running back and we can get him at 13. Well done Mike.

I find the distinction in overall attitude towards the Dolphins between this site and another I use for Dolphins talk to be amazing.

Go to reddit.com/r/miamidolphins and read the thread about this very topic and you'll see most think its a good deal for us. Come here and its doom and gloom, franchise is ruined and tannebum is the devil. Real interesting difference...

except we have been right the past 15 years while the "every deal we make is a great one" crowd has been wrong. Doesn't it get tiresome always being wrong?

Well **** me. 13th. Damnit. May as well go ahead and cut Davonte Parker now instead of waiting 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

I like this. We were already at a spot where we wouldn't likely get an elite or top LB, DE, or CB. But we filled a couple of those needs and only lost a couple spots, while picking up a 4th.

I honestly think Alonso turns it around and Maxwell will play better in the right scheme. Chip Kelly's offense sets up his defense to fail. I remember watching Alonso play on the Bills, and he was all over the field making plays. 159 tackles as a rookie is not a fluke.

We simply have too many holes to fill not to like this trade.

Well said. I've also read EAgles fans saying they used both Maxwell and Kiko in ways that didn't highlight their better qualities. Moreso maxwell as Kiko was injured. Hopefully we don't make the same mistakes and put these guys in positions to excel.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

except we have been right the past 15 years while the "every deal we make is a great one" crowd has been wrong. Doesn't it get tiresome always being wrong?

Nah, it's tiresome being perpetually negative. Not even sure why people like you watch football. Where is the enjoyment when everything done is met with derision?

I really don't see the issue. The draft impact is negligible and Miami still picks up two starters.

I find the distinction in overall attitude towards the Dolphins between this site and another I use for Dolphins talk to be amazing.

Go to reddit.com/r/miamidolphins and read the thread about this very topic and you'll see most think its a good deal for us. Come here and its doom and gloom, franchise is ruined and tannebum is the devil. Real interesting difference...

Years of heartache, pain & anguish will do that :err:

I expect better from a quality poster like you Daytona. No one is saying Maxwell is elite but calling him garbage is just wrong and excessive.

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Years of heartache, pain & anguish will do that :err:

Well not to all of us I guess. I like the move and all I've ever known, as a 28 year old, is bad Dolphins football. I guess I haven't been beaten down enough quite yet. I'm a fighter! ;)

Well said. I've also read EAgles fans saying they used both Maxwell and Kiko in ways that didn't highlight their better qualities. Moreso maxwell as Kiko was injured. Hopefully we don't make the same mistakes and put these guys in positions to excel.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Nah, it's tiresome being perpetually negative. Not even sure why people like you watch football. Where is the enjoyment when everything done is met with derision?

you misspelled "right"

I expect better from a quality poster like you Daytona. No one is saying Maxwell is elite but calling him garbage is just wrong and excessive.

Garbage as in the value we get for moving back plus a 4th. I'm not a happy camper right now with all these moves being made. Offseason champs don't go to playoffs.

This is what's confusing the hell out of me. Kiko Alonso is not garbage. Did he have a bad year last year while playing hurt? Yes, he did. But he was the 2013 runner-up for DROY, the Fins are going to pay him less than a million dollars this year, and I don't think there's any doubt that he'll give everything he's got in what is his contract year.

I don't know what people are talking about . I'm happy with this deal .

Going down 5 picks only and getting an extra 4th that maybe we can use to take a risk on a talented player with character issues for example...

And we get Kiko and a corner which we badly needed . 5 spots in this unimpressive draft that is basically a crap shoot is more than fine with me

You don't see the trend?

The win now mentality that has plague the franchise into mediocrity since the Marino days is still being used. It is not ****ing successful. You make this move when you are actually a player away from contending, not after the disaster of a season we just had. Maybe I am a negative person, but when you continually see someone/group make the same mistakes over and over, you have to wonder if they even want to win. This bandaid theory of addressing holes will not make them better...

It's so undefendably bad there's no way this is true. Those 5 spots are gold in the top half of the first ... not a chance they give up that real estate for those players. Trades this bad don't happen. Even when we piss away picks it's either for a QB or a good player (marshall). But for those 2? Anything more than a 4th would be bad ... the first swapping would make tbaum straight up fit for a straight jacket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom