Fins to swap 1sts with Philly and also trade a 4th rounder for Kiko/Maxwell | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins to swap 1sts with Philly and also trade a 4th rounder for Kiko/Maxwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they got a 4th out of this, and they swapped from 8 to 13, it's not tragic.

Ridiculous post...

This is just outright stupid....theres NO way they are switching picks ...even Tannebaum isn't that stupid....close but not there

So we take a horrible contract off of the eagles for a mediocre player whose play will never justify keeping on his contract, we get a linebacker who cant stay healthy and we let them move 5 spots up in the draft while we move 5 spots down.

For all of this we get a 4th

sounds fair

If you go by Draft trade value charts you get the following.

Going from 8 to 13 is a difference of 250 points.
Eagles giving us the 114th pick is worth 66 points.

So we lost 184 in draft points which is equivalent to last player selected in the 3rd round or the 1st player selected in the 4th round.
We gave up an early 4th rounder in compensation for the trade essentially.

Misread the chart. 183 would actually be middle of third round.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this ends up true...**** it...

Vaark called this bull**** from day one...granted I will wait until the deal is final, but damn...

Tbaum is trying to kill the franchise and currently has one foot on the neck....

You guys gotta be kidding me lol... Over dramatic much? Jesus...

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

If you go by Draft trade value charts you get the following.

Going from 8 to 13 is a difference of 250 points.
Eagles giving us the 114th pick is worth 66 points.

So we lost 184 in draft points which is equivalent to last player selected in the 3rd round or the 1st player selected in the 4th round.
We gave up an early 4th rounder in compensation for the trade essentially.

Quit using facts man.. Clearly we ruined our franchise moving down 5 spots because there is absolutely zero talent past pick #8.

Awful deal for the Dolphins if true. Why is it so hard for this team to find competent people to run the front office. Getting robbed by Philly again like they did 12 years ago when they traded a 2nd for AJ Feeley. Another moron running the show in Miami, I think we are cursed.

To all the people bitching about moving down in the draft:

Some of the differences between #8 and #13 the past few drafts.

2015 NFL Draft:

#8 Vic Beasley (Atlanta Falcons)
#13 Andrus Peat (New Orleans Saints

2014 NFL Draft:
#8 Justin Gilbert (Cleveland Browns)
#13 Aaron Donald (St. Louis Rams)

2013 NFL Draft:
#8 Tavon Austin (St. Louis Rams)
#13 Sheldon Richardson (New York Jets)

2012 NFL Draft:
#8 Ryan Tannehill (Miami Dolphins)
#13 Michael Floyd (Arizona Cardinals)

Talent is there... just depends who we get at the end of the day. Stop being negative fools like there's no talent down 5 spots in the draft.

I was putting together the same info. Don't forget, we got DeVante Parker at #14 last year and took Mike Pouncey at #15 in 2011. There is a history of #8 picks not playing up to the level that the pick would suggest. If we added a pick to move to #13, that was shrewd, especially if we get any value out of Alonso and Maxwell.

You guys gotta be kidding me lol... Over dramatic much? Jesus...

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Quit using facts man.. Clearly we ruined our franchise moving down 5 spots because there is absolutely zero talent past pick #8.

It all the collective moves as a whole....not just this one...

Well **** me. 13th. Damnit. May as well go ahead and cut Davonte Parker now instead of waiting 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate it. At #8 we were in prime position to get Jack, Hargraves or if a QB fell trade back for a kings ransom. Now at 13 in a weak draft outside the top 10 we are looking at guys who would be 2nd round players in other drafts. All for an injury prone LB that will be gone next year and a CB who ranks in 30's with a over priced contract. Oh well, at least we get rid of Miko so there is something.

I find the distinction in overall attitude towards the Dolphins between this site and another I use for Dolphins talk to be amazing.

Go to reddit.com/r/miamidolphins and read the thread about this very topic and you'll see most think its a good deal for us. Come here and its doom and gloom, franchise is ruined and tannebum is the devil. Real interesting difference...

I like this. We were already at a spot where we wouldn't likely get an elite or top LB, DE, or CB. But we filled a couple of those needs and only lost a couple spots, while picking up a 4th.

I honestly think Alonso turns it around and Maxwell will play better in the right scheme. Chip Kelly's offense sets up his defense to fail. I remember watching Alonso play on the Bills, and he was all over the field making plays. 159 tackles as a rookie is not a fluke.

We simply have too many holes to fill not to like this trade.

Wow a lot of overreacting here. It's 5 spots. Plus we'd save in the neighborhood of 1 million per season in cap space just by having a cheaper rookie. Most people sit here and complain all day long about all the holes that we have on the roster and we add 2 starters plus an additional 4th round pick to only move back 5 spots in the 1st. As seen above we can still get an elite player at 13. Taking the gamble on Kiko and Maxwell are more than worth it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom