Fins to swap 1sts with Philly and also trade a 4th rounder for Kiko/Maxwell | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins to swap 1sts with Philly and also trade a 4th rounder for Kiko/Maxwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't much care for the draft value chart and I don't care either for any look at what pick 8 vs pick 13 gets you in the last 5 years...every year is different...you just traded out of the elite talent group for potential one year rentals...it definitely isn't good value...that 4th rounder is basically a throw in when it comes to value if we did get one back...dropping 5 spots from 8 to 13 is a big deal

I think most gms would hang up on you if you called and offered what we got in return for that price...I'd probably put you on speaker and ask you to repeat it while I pumped it thru the intercom in the building for all staff personnel to hear

Garbage as in the value we get for moving back plus a 4th. I'm not a happy camper right now with all these moves being made. Offseason champs don't go to playoffs.

5 spots isn't a big deal . It's all about getting a good player. Remember when we moved up to get Dion with the 3rd overall pick ?

Now ... Remember when we got Jarvis Landry in the second round ?

None of it matters . If you know how to draft you'll get a quality player . If you don't , you'll miss at #8 .

We needed a corner and a linebacker and the guys we got have potential and plenty of it . Plus we got a 4th rounder . What's the issue

I don't know what people are talking about . I'm happy with this deal .

Going down 5 picks only and getting an extra 4th that maybe we can use to take a risk on a talented player with character issues for example...

And we get Kiko and a corner which we badly needed . 5 spots in this unimpressive draft that is basically a crap shoot is more than fine with me
Sounds to me like we are giving them our 4th pick in addition to swapping picks

We don't for sure, anything just yet, or if they passed physicals.

Lets wait one more day or until we get news its final before we kill each other. :)

I good with it........

Me too, they can target Ragland, Hargreaves if he falls, Alexander. In the back of my mind I'm wondering if Tannenbaum has another crush this year, and the top candidates imo are RB Ezekiel Elliott and DT/DE Robert Nkemdiche. We got a 4th and we definitely need that extra pick- Maxwell is a good system fit who needs deep help, better in a zone, Alonoso is a steal if he's healthy and can stay healthy. I wouldn't be thrilled if we gave up a 4th- getting a 4th could be a Westerman, Glasgow, Jack Allen, Charles Tapper, etc. Not bad.

Garbage as in the value we get for moving back plus a 4th. I'm not a happy camper right now with all these moves being made. Offseason champs don't go to playoffs.

I don't watch the Eagles but I've read the opinions of quite a few fans of theirs and most state Maxwell is a solid starter that was being used imporperly in Philly. I think we can all agree we need as many solid starters as we can get with all these holes.

I'm viewing this trade as one where we can still get a talented player (as show in my earlier post comparing #8 to #13 picks the last few years) while getting some much needed bodies in the building. Maxwell only costs us a bit this year. AFter this year I believe were only on the hook for another few mil of guaranteed money.

Terrible if true. Maxwell and Alonso won't be on the team for more than 2 years, and we potentially lose out on Jack or Hargreaves in the process. This is not good if true

This deal nets 2-4 starters for one potentially great player. Since everyone thinks we are 10-20 players away from competing, this is the correct choice.

Read the title again. Not that this info is true but that's not what this says.

You are reading what you want to read.

5 spots isn't a big deal . It's all about getting a good player. Remember when we moved up to get Dion with the 3rd overall pick ?

Now ... Remember when we got Jarvis Landry in the second round ?

None of it matters . If you know how to draft you'll get a quality player . If you don't , you'll miss at #8 .

We needed a corner and a linebacker and the guys we got have potential and plenty of it . Plus we got a 4th rounder . What's the issue

Well said. It's as simple as that

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

I read it as the opposite. I guess we won't know for sure till tomorrow though.

Wait.

You followed this:

I don't much care for the draft value chart and I don't care either for any look at what pick 8 vs pick 13 gets you in the last 5 years...every year is different

With this?

...you just traded out of the elite talent group for potential one year rentals

Doesn't that kinda contradict itself? There is absolutely no way anyone knows for certain which way the top 13 picks are going to fall.

Read the title again. Not that this info is true but that's not what this says.

Title means nothing. I read the tweet before he deleted it and that's the way I read it. His tweet in the OP doesn't indicate who is getting the 4th.

We don't for sure, anything just yet, or if they passed physicals.

Lets wait one more day or until we get news its final before we kill each other. :)

giphy.gif

I live in Jersey and heard that on the radio. They said it might just be a rumor. That guy isnt right all the time making that claim. If it is true I will be pissed but there are still good players available at 13. We could get Reggie Ragland or Derrick Henry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom