Fins trade TE Shaheen. Psyche, he's back... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins trade TE Shaheen. Psyche, he's back...

I like Tanner Conner more. Long was a waste of a pick. Supposed to be such a great blocker but he ranks up there with Gesicki. Hopefully Tanner can show us something and we can get another 6th for Hunter next year.
based on what.

his rookie year where he should have been placed on IR after effing up his knee in training camp?

Exactly , lets just get rid of every player that doesn't make the pro bowl in their rookie year....smh
it was more detailed than just get rid of a third rounder for a UDFA convert from WR.

somehow we know he is forever limited to gesicki level blocking.

how we know this, I am unaware.

Our coaches couldnt teach the Oline to block, how do you suppose they would fare any better teaching TEs?

Im curious to see the improvement this year. (If any)

Our coaches couldnt teach the Oline to block, how do you suppose they would fare any better teaching TEs?

Im curious to see the improvement this year. (If any)
Our coaches are different ppl now for the most part. These coaches, including the OC actually have experience with Oline play.

Not sure why one would even make such a statement.

Interestingly, I think this says a lot about how the team values Durham Smythe. He would have made a lot more sense to trade if this was purely about salary.

Edit: Duh. I forgot they just re-signed him.

Well, didn't Tuas PR firm say the Phins weren't done yet?

You think we got 1 more big move left?

Or is Grier playing smart Fiscal managing here?
I think so. TE room was crowded. Shaheen is a decent player but Gesicki and Smythe are better and then we have to develop Hunter Long so trading him and getting anything in return is good value IMO

Interestingly, I think this says a lot about how the team values Durham Smythe. He would have made a lot more sense to trade if this was purely about salary.

Edit: Duh. I forgot they just re-signed him.
It wasn't about salary. There was no gain in a trade v cut as far as money. It's just an added bonus over keeping him on the roster.

Back
Top Bottom